Valentine's Day

I wear a silicone ring at work, and when I’m working around the house. The gold band is for special occasions. I’ve cut a few gold bands off of swollen fingers, and don’t want to have that done to my ring. The ring also isn’t worth me losing a finger.

1 Like

WOW!! …surprisingly you guys are killin it with the romance :two_hearts: Sounds like there are many lucky ladies this Valentine’s Day. I am a little jealous :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Going to remember this one. Just taking the little ones to the amusement park darling! So I was on the roller coaster…

Oh, ‘darling’ was there. I had the band on my key ring, which held the key to the van we were driving on this out-of-town family trip. So when the roller coaster went through the slow-moving, upside-down, highest-point portion of its track, and the key-ring slipped the surly bonds of my pants pocket, my wedding band did not touch the face of God alone.

(With apologies to John Magee)

I’m terrified of this lol. I alternate between my nice one, a white gold band, and the silicone one when I train or work on my truck or whatever. I’m super fidgety, & have caught myself toying with the ring while my hand was out the truck window or something else just preposterously stupid.

1 Like

1st Valentine’s day married, but 8 years together.

As far as plans go, I made her a card at work with a couple dozen photos pulled from Facebook. I buy her flowers about 1x/week (which is awesome b/c it keeps her happy, and since she has a fresh bouquet I don’t need to go wait in a long line of dudes paying triple the cost for flowers).

Tonight we’re making dinner together, though she’s probably already started on it since she was off today. Going to spend some quality time of course, & are probably going to watch a movie.

3 Likes

My wife and I have the QALO silicone bands for when we’re working out, haha.

Do we NEED them? Of course not, but they’re a fun little thing to have when we go to yoga class, lift, or if we’re out hiking or swimming. My wife’s engagement ring is the most expensive thing I’ve bought other than our house and car, so I’m happy she’s not wearing it in the pool, lol.

2 Likes

My wife and I got married on Valentine’s Day 30 years ago. From my few point(being the cheap bastard I am) was that I could combine the two events into one gift(genius I thought) . Well she has never let me get away with it even though I still try. So every year I get have to get two gifts for one day. Oh well, she deserves it for putting up with me for so long.

2 Likes

Nice day here. Someone brought a giant bin of candy hearts to work (the “u r cool” and “kiss me” kind) so I brought some home and made a little story board of them. “I think you are SO FINE and COOL and I LOVE YOU,” etc. He, meanwhile, made eggplant parm, which he cut into heart shapes and plated it with an arrow out of asparagus, chicken, and onion cutting through. Cute! He also got chocolates I particularly like while in San Francisco earlier in the week. Capped it with Olympics. Good. I think we’ve hit our low key VD groove and I can relax now.

All I can think is Venereal Disease

Yeah, you probably don’t need to learn how to do concrete floors. It sounds like he likes you anyways.

2 Likes

Ours was pretty nice. Didn’t need the hose or anything…

1 Like

Roses are red
violets cost alot
take off your jacket
mans not hot :lol:

1 Like

Ta da!

3 Likes

Best way to cook a steak.

Cast iron skillet, heavy on the butter and herbs.

3 Likes

I love my lodge cast iron skillets! I use them all the time, maybe that’s part of gaining muscle cuz they’re definitely heavier than my nonstick lol I have my eye on their muffin pan. Looks like an awesome spread :grinning:

1 Like

Everybody had their plans all laid out…now how’d it actually turn out? Mine turned out to be doing books for rec league basketball games for 4 hours, left before the better half got done with practice, and she was asleep when I got back, ha. She did eat the mac and cheese tho… also marriage win, didn’t wake her up when I came home fist pump

Edit: Rec league sports can get real interesting, frickin’ adults, man!

Exactly as planned, although my batch of scallops needed more butter in the pan for a better crust. We ate dinner, digested for a bit, went to the bar, then came home and went down the rabbit hole that is her perverted brain.

4 Likes

I have a hard time spending money on things that don’t stick around for a while (i.e. roses).

My GF and I recently bought a house with a nice 4-season sun room. So I stopped at the flower shop to get a couple flowers to put in the sunroom that will last for a while, an orchid and a mum (i think). Those and some fererro Rocher (sp?) chocolates were sufficient this time around. Simple, and she liked it, good enough dammit.

1 Like

No hiccups here.