Valentines Day Present Ideas

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
We booked a honeymoon suite with a jaccuzi, chocolates, and an iced bottle of champagne. I can’t friggin wait!!![/quote]

Hey Big, MJ forgot to tell me what time to show up. Can you help me out with that?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
I’m getting an upgrade on her diamond necklace. My jewelry store lets me take in an item and upgread it. I’ve been moving the size up every so often.[/quote]

So you havent forgotten to hook her up with some diamonds.

Out of curiosity… Is that a chain diamond store, or an “in town” one? That you can upgrade diamonds.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
We booked a honeymoon suite with a jaccuzi, chocolates, and an iced bottle of champagne. I can’t friggin wait!!!

Hey Big, MJ forgot to tell me what time to show up. Can you help me out with that?[/quote]

Yeah, 8:00 sharp, but D must be with you.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
I’m getting an upgrade on her diamond necklace. My jewelry store lets me take in an item and upgread it. I’ve been moving the size up every so often.

So you havent forgotten to hook her up with some diamonds.

Out of curiosity… Is that a chain diamond store, or an “in town” one? That you can upgrade diamonds.[/quote]

It’s a very high end privately owned store. They have 2 in the Sacramento area.

As a woman who’s been disappointed by the idea of “Valentines Day” more than once, let me say this…

I don’t really expect a whole lot for Valentine’s Day. Perhaps over the years I have grown slightly cynical of the “near-Hallmark” holiday.
Flowers are wonderful, chocolates are nice too (but only the good kind… grinning) - but both are all to “expected” on V-day. Expected and somewhat predictable. Perhaps I just don’t go for that. Brownie-points, yes…, but true worth from a lasting standpoint?.. hmmnnn… something to think about maybe - IMHO.

All in all, I think my guy makes most days we spend together like a Valentines day. Not because of what he buys me… or what he doesn’t. It runs much deeper than that - by the way he’s thoughtful, affectionate… always heeps his word (and not just to me either!), etc. Now we both have our bad days… sure - and although celebrating “love” on Valentines day is a great thing to do… my secretly “die-hard romantic” self would like to believe that the right person would have me celebrating “love” everyday…

So it might sounds corney - especially for a T-Nation post…
but an opinion is what it is, no?

Moral of my lecture?.. IMHO, don’t just make Valentines day- the “celebration of your love” - on the February 14th… :wink:

However, you’re more than welcome to make it a little more special if you should choose sneaky grinwink

*Cheers!! –

-GIRLS: Tiffany pendant and chain, or anything from Tiffany, for that matter http://www.tiffany.com

You can even find some really cute stuff for around $100.00

-GUYS: Girls, you can take HIM out to dinner at a nice, romantic restaurant.

I gave my last girlfriend a Swarvoski crytsal heart last Valentine and cooked a romantic dinner, Swarvoski is not that expensive but looks pretty flash and if your a member you get some free crystals and can get the big collectors peices.
Fluffy

I once saved some money by buying carnations and pretending I didn’t know they weren’t roses.

[quote]Fluffy wrote:
I gave my last girlfriend a Swarvoski crytsal heart last Valentine and cooked a romantic dinner, Swarvoski is not that expensive but looks pretty flash and if your a member you get some free crystals and can get the big collectors peices.
Fluffy [/quote]

That’s a great tip for the guys. Swarovski crystals are perfectly foo-foo girl enough for a girl to love them.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
I once saved some money by buying carnations and pretending I didn’t know they weren’t roses.[/quote]

OMG that’s f****n funny!

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
sugarfree wrote:
I once saved some money by buying carnations and pretending I didn’t know they weren’t roses.

OMG that’s f****n funny![/quote]

Funny, but pretty damn pathetic. What a romancer.

My gal will get the standard roses on Valentines day. The card I wrote is nice, but what we do in the evening and how I look at her and how I touch her will speak more than any words can. I agree with Gojira on this one mostly. I try to remember to show her and tell her each day how I feel about her. She does the same for me. I can never repay for all she does.

There’s also an “old fashioned” train near here that makes dinner runs. (Prime Rib!) 5 course meal. She’s never been. We’re going to do that on Sat, which is our official Valentine’s date. The night before she got tickets to the NIN concert.

Off Topic, but Valentines Day is my birthday and I’m gonna be 32.

It’s all about personalization, what does she like and riffing off that. My girl is real into studying Russian, because she wants to one day work in an orphanage in Russia. So I got her a Russian Lacquer Box (jewelry box) from a place that donates all proceeds to a Russian Orphanage.

The best best thing a girlfriend ever gave me was a dozen GUY flowers, as in 12 long necks!

[quote]Le Stig wrote:

[/quote]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TANTI AGGURI
ZHUNI SHEGRI KUILE

no one said it so I thougth I may as well show off by wishing you a happy birthday in three languages.
Fluffy

[quote]Fluffy wrote:
Le Stig wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TANTI AGGURI
ZHUNI SHEGRI KUILE

no one said it so I thougth I may as well show off by wishing you a happy birthday in three languages.
Fluffy

[/quote]

Thanks

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
I figure I’ll buy her some vaccumn cleaner bags and a new sponge for the sink.[/quote]

I like the way you think. Mind if I borrow this idea?

DB

P.S. are you going with the sponges that have a rough scrubbing surface side or just plain old sponges?

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
-GIRLS: Tiffany pendant and chain, or anything from Tiffany, for that matter http://www.tiffany.com

-GUYS: Girls, you can take HIM out to dinner at a nice, romantic restaurant. [/quote]

A good steak house and then a blowjob later. That’s all it takes for the perfect V-day for a man.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
chinadoll wrote:

-GUYS: Girls, you can take HIM out to dinner at a nice, romantic restaurant.

A good steak house and then a blowjob later. That’s all it takes for the perfect V-day for a man.

DB[/quote]

(Note to self: Steak, beer, sex)