T Nation

Valdosta GA Gyms?

Alright I’m 18 just graduated highschool and I’m interested in getting into power lifting or strongman. But this fall I"m attending valdosta state university, and I"m wondering is anyone on T-Nation lives down there and may know of a hardcore gym I could go too.

Thanks to anyone who knows.

go to powerliftingwatch.com and search for gyms.

I’ve heard-tell of a good gym that was there back in the 80’s- I’m not sure if it’s still around anymore, but I think there’s one up the road in Adel also.

this is possibly blasphemy, given the animosity directed at Crossfit here on T-Nation, but Crossfit Valdosta just opened up. Google them for the details. Could be a cool place to train even if you opt not to drink the kool-aid…

If I’m not mistaken, the valdosta YMCA is pretty good.

I would also check out crossfit valdosta. If nothing else, crossfit gyms often have oly lifting and gymnastics seminars.

If that doesn’t float your boat, you can hold out until you start school and just use the VSU gym. I haven’t been yet, but it looks amazing from the outside. VSU also has a strong man contest every so often, so they should be accommodating to hard core training. Don’t quote me on that though.

Yea they do have the strongman competitions there, they just started doing it a few years ago. But the gym there is really nice and I’ll definaly workout there. But I’m very interested in getting into olympic lifting or powerlifting. And I"m majoring in exercise physiology so anything training interests me.

But thanks everyone who responded.

Anyone else can add on if you know any good gyms down there.

THANKS EVERYONE!