Vacation, Where to Go?

Hey guys a couple months ago i went to costa rica for vacation and had a great time, im trying to plan something else for probably january, what is another country that is fun to go to and not to expensive to do? Where have you guys been?

I’m going to thailand next year. A bunch of people here have been there. Its also very cheap to go there.

Go to Europe. Granted it is a continent rather than one country but you can stay for relatively cheap if you find the hostels and things. Find a credible travel guide and have him hook you up. Europe is awesome to add variety to Costa Rica. It won’t be the same as hanging out at the beach and tromping through a jungle, but you will see some interesting history, witness awesome cultures (Germany was my favorite)and eat really good food. Lots of European chicks are super sexy too, they don’t seem to have our obesity problem for the most part.

It can be a little disappointing to see a McDonalds right next to a 16th century castle though. Pretty cool symbol of American dominance but ugly none the less.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
It can be a little disappointing to see a McDonalds right next to a 16th century castle though. Pretty cool symbol of American dominance but ugly none the less. [/quote]

You should have posted this on the Eurotrashing thread.

I will agree with Tex and throw in a vote for Europe. I thought Greece was one of the coolest places ever. They had the best food I had in Europe, good beaches, nice sites, absinth…

As far as foreign countries go, I hear Texas isn’t bad. But you definitely need to know Spanish since they don’t speak much English.

DB

I’ve never been to Europe, but I would say go there too. I’ve had a bunch of friends tell me travelling around europe was the best experience they’ve ever. I had the chance to go when I was younger, came into a few thousand dollars but bought a motorcycle instead. I had fun with it, but I think the trip would have made for better memories.

Now i’m married with 2 kids, so the chances of taking a trip like I could have are zero.

Hope you find somewhere to go that you never forget.

I went Croatia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, and Crna Gora (Montenegro) for my honeymoon and those are three of the most beautiful places i’ve ever seen. I would totally move to one of thse (if i had to move somewhere).

It’s beautiful, and in my experience there is a 100% chance of getting laid while there, FWIW.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I’m going to thailand next year. A bunch of people here have been there. Its also very cheap to go there.[/quote]

Yeah very very cheap and beautiful beaches. It’s a lot of fun, especially if you are single.

Eastern Europe is worth a punt. Not been but I know it’s cheap.

The Philippines. It’s so cheap there, even cheaper than Thailand, Singapore, etc. It’s the cheapest country I’ve ever been to and the people are really hospitable. Definitely your money’s worth, and then some.

Boracay is a great place to be.

I will second Greece, have been to the mainland a couple of times and the isand of Crete (no Minotaur I was disappointed to find - also no Colossus in Rhodes either, but hey).

Malta is also pretty nice, can’t remember if they have much in the way of beaches - some pretty cool castles to see though.

Japan was an excellent place to visit, be sure to see some places outside of the big cities though.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
As far as foreign countries go, I hear Texas isn’t bad. But you definitely need to know Spanish since they don’t speak much English.

DB[/quote]

And the bastardized form of English they speak is barely recognizable to civilized man.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

DB[/quote]

Texas is pretty fun. I’d recommend S. Padre during spring break. MTV is usually there as are many posters slutty sisters and daughters, and they do get slutty. There is just something about the sun, the beach and the beer that does it to them.

While you are there, take the 30 min. trip to Mexico. Matamoras has a great tourist area with all sorts of night clubs and 24 hour pharmacies. And the same slutty girls but in a club environment with the illusion of being really far away from home since they crossed an international border.

thanks for the replies guys. Me and a friend were planning a trip to thailand when a friend in the marines was stationed there, but he was sent somewhere else so we didnt go there, but it is definitely at the top of my list though.

As far as europe, it seems like it would be pretty expensive, which i dont really mind since i think it would be worth it. But what do you think it would take to have a good trip with a mix of parting and seeing the history/sites, like 2k?

If you want to party, definately hit amsterdam up. I’ve been reading that they are cracking down on a number of activities but only that they are more closely regulating prostitution and certain drugs, namely mushrooms.

The coffee shops and sex shows are definately not embellished stories and rumors though.

I’ve never been to Iceland but hear it is really fun in a “free love” kind of way. I have it down as one of the next places to visit and find out. You may want to check in to it, but travel from iceland to western europe would add a lot to your cost so it may be best to make it a special trip.

Most of the history in Europe is free or relatively cheap to see.

You may need to pay a few entree fees to enter museums, but for the most part, you can see the castles and things from the streets.

Your airfare will be the biggest cost. You can ride a train all through the continent and stay at hostels for less than 2k depending on how long you stay and how well you want to eat.

[quote]PozzSka wrote:
I went Croatia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, and Crna Gora (Montenegro) for my honeymoon and those are three of the most beautiful places i’ve ever seen. I would totally move to one of thse (if i had to move somewhere).

It’s beautiful, and in my experience there is a 100% chance of getting laid while there, FWIW.

[/quote]

Wow, that’s one heck of a vacation.

I wanna go to Fiji for the simple fact that it’s as far away as you can get before you start coming back…