T Nation

Vacation Spot - Folly Beach, SC

Just got back from 6 days of vacation. It was awesome. Folly Beach is a little town 20 mins south of Charleston.

Airfare - $400.00
Car rental - $200.00
House rental - $800.00
Food - ~$175.00
Total trip for two people- $1,575.00

Rented a house on the beach with a bunch of couples. When I say “on the beach” I mean I could throw a football onto the sand from the porch, and I’m no Staubach. With 4 couples, the total share of the rental was $800.00 per week. It was a nice place too. Beds were good, showers were good, washer and dryer, wireless internet. . . even had a sand shower outside. It would have been even cheaper if we rented the houses across the street that didn’t have beachfront access.

We went to the grocery store and stocked up for the week. The food was the same price as it was back home - there was even a CostCo nearby. The weather was awesome, and Charleston was really close, which was nice. Lots of sites to see and some of the best restaurants ever.

There was a pier nearby which would have been great for fishing, but I didn’t get to it. There was too much beach to lay on and too many places to explore.

This was a great vacation for kids that were with us. We could just hang on the deck and watch them screw around on the beach. There were no lurkers or other effed up shenanigans which make people nervous.

There was an odd lack of in-shape people. When I’ve visited beaches in Florida, Texas, North Carolina, and Virginia, it seemed like there were more people that took care of themselves. There was nothing but whales on this trip. Big ones.

I didn’t get a chance to lift, but I did run in the ocean, (which did a number on my legs) play frisbee, play with the kids, etc, so I got some good exercise every day. I wanted to go deep sea fishing, ride jetskis, and golf, but we didn’t have that much time.

I would highly recommend this trip. Pretty good price for a week of relaxation, great weather, and good sun.

You picked a good spot

This, unfortunately, is very true

I grew up at Emerald Isle, NC but I use to take trips to Folly Beach every once in a while to go surfing, mostly when there was a hurricane a day or two out. Its about the only place worth going in SC, For surfing that is.

Got some pics?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Got some pics?[/quote]

How about some live webcams

http://www.follysurfcam.com/#cams

[quote]Razorslim wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Got some pics?

[/quote]

The weather looks pretty gloomy - guessing they missed it?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Razorslim wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Got some pics?

The weather looks pretty gloomy - guessing they missed it?[/quote]

Since it’s the U.S. east coast, wait an hour or so because it’ll change.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Razorslim wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Got some pics?

The weather looks pretty gloomy - guessing they missed it?[/quote]

It was crappy one day while we were there. It is usually overcast in the morning, and the clouds burn off by 1 or 2 pm, so you have a nice, hot afternoon.

I’ll try to post some pics later on. Work has been crazy since I got back.

worthless without pictures
was the vacation functional?
the out of shape people…was it their total body out of shape or was it body parts ?

stick it in the pooper?

that about covers all the common responses…

My family used to go their for family reunions since parts of it lived down there. It’s definitely a nice low key place though not the best place for meeting women if you aren’t a chubby chaser.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Got some pics?[/quote]

This is from the deck of the house I stayed in on a rainy day.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Got some pics?[/quote]

This was the wedding I went to. Its about 6:30 in the pic. The beach there is great.

fairly nice place…I live about ten minutes away…and yes, there are tons of fat people here!!!

Very nice!