Vacation and Training

So my parents helpfully booked a two week holiday during the delicate 4 week transition period I had planned to come off the velocity diet. It looks like it will be the last couple of weeks but still… its a delicate time and Im really not keen on wasting all the hard training and dedication I have put in the last few weeks.

To make things worse I just found out the hotel we are staying at has no gym… bugger. At first I was told I was only going to be on a one week holiday so I knocked up a simple workout/diet that would keep me going - all built around resistance bands and bodyweight exercises (but no pullups as I cannot guarantee there will be a suitable place to train these.

Ill still be doing my 3x30 min runs a week to sort out the insuline sensitivity issues associated with coming off of a low carb diet so thats fine… its just the resistance training side of things.

Any ideas/suggestions for workouts/exercises would be much appreciated!

By the way we are going to some place in Greece, near Sparta I am told. I will also be visiting Thermopylae (the location of the battle depicted in the movie 300) which will be cool - expect some piccage from me when I get back haha!

It was suggested that I find a local gym… but its only two weeks and I dont know a word of greek.

But yeah any ideas guys?

Greece is awesome. I wouldn’t be too concerned about my training when I am in a place like that.

I didn’t speak a lick of Greek either and got by just fine. Most of the people there speak English.

Damn you, you got me all nostalgic and now I want to go back.

Have a fun trip.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
Greece is awesome. I wouldn’t be too concerned about my training when I am in a place like that.

I didn’t speak a lick of Greek either and got by just fine. Most of the people there speak English.

Damn you, you got me all nostalgic and now I want to go back.

Have a fun trip. [/quote]

Aye I love Greece - only been Zante before in the past though.

I am however very worried about the training! Ive been making nice gains in the weight room recently you see… not to mention my bodyfat is finally on the way down with the Velocity Diet.

Your bodyweight exercises can do just fine. Maybe you could try to learn some new skills. 2 weeks of one-legged squats, jump lunges, push ups, etc. will really do some work. Can you do a hand stand push? Try working on those. You’ll get plenty of work from those exercises.

Otherwise, just enjoy it. How many times do you get to enjoy Greece in your lifetime, versus how many times do you get to be at home following your training plan?

Dude, just enjoy your vacation. As someone said, how often do you go to Greece. I took a full 3 weeks off and went to Argentina and Chilie, and was freaking out before I went because I didn’t want to mess up my training, then I figured, hey when will I be there again? I was a little shakey at the gym my first day or two back, but a week later I was back in the groove. Have fun and enjoy the food, greek food is deadly!!!

[quote]Gymguy17 wrote:
Dude, just enjoy your vacation. As someone said, how often do you go to Greece. I took a full 3 weeks off and went to Argentina and Chilie, and was freaking out before I went because I didn’t want to mess up my training, then I figured, hey when will I be there again? I was a little shakey at the gym my first day or two back, but a week later I was back in the groove. Have fun and enjoy the food, greek food is deadly!!![/quote]

Ive just recently lost a lot of fat - last thing I want to do is bloat up again with two weeks of greek specialities! Ill perhaps go out for a healthy restaurance meal once a week out there.

I can fully enjoy my time in Greece with some healthy food and an hour of training in the morning haha!

I guess Ill fix up something with the bodyweight exercises… Ill post up something short later for you fellahs to critique!