V-Diet Water Weight

I’m currently on the V-Diet and have lost eight pounds in the last two days. I wasn’t freaking out because I figured it was a lot of water weight. I’m 6’4 and now weigh 338. My question is, does anyone have a chart or can give me a rough estimate on approximately how much water weight I should have lost. I know it is a “couple of pounds”, but I’m a technical person and like specifics if it’s available.

Thanks in advance.

[quote]Veinshatter wrote:
I’m currently on the V-Diet and have lost eight pounds in the last two days. I wasn’t freaking out because I figured it was a lot of water weight. I’m 6’4 and now weigh 338. My question is, does anyone have a chart or can give me a rough estimate on approximately how much water weight I should have lost. I know it is a “couple of pounds”, but I’m a technical person and like specifics if it’s available.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Are you extremely muscular…or obese?

If the latter, why would you go on a diet like this?

from what i have been told the fatter you are the more water you hold.no offense intended.

If you have a really high bf%, then bad habits led you there. The V-Diet might not be the one for you. I’d shell out the bucks and pick up Berardi’s Precision Nutrition.

In any event, it’s impossible for anyone to know how much fluid/water weight you lost.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

I see that you did “Fat to Fire.” How much weight did you lose?

I appreciate the help, I suppose. By a BMI chart and my doctor I am morbidly obese. However, my bf% is 22. I don’t consider myself obese, and anyone I’ve ever really talked to about this couldn’t believe that I weighed 360. They guessed around 280.

On fat to fire, well to be honest, I tried it to see how it would go, which I loved it after the first day. I was only waiting for my order to come in for the V-Diet. I will pursue it after this is over with.

I had been eating clean for several months, dropped thirty pounds. I started to slip and gain ten of it back and decided to hit the V-Diet up for a little boost and a lesson in self control. A hard lesson, but it fits who I am.

And to answer your question Prof, I’m not extremely muscular nor do I consider myself obese. I just want to look good nekkid, if you don’t mind me saying so.

I appreciate the help, I suppose. By a BMI chart and my doctor I am morbidly obese. However, my bf% is 22. I don’t consider myself obese, and anyone I’ve ever really talked to about this couldn’t believe that I weighed 360. They guessed around 280.

On fat to fire, well to be honest, I tried it to see how it would go, which I loved it after the first day. I was only waiting for my order to come in for the V-Diet. I will pursue it after this is over with.

I had been eating clean for several months, dropped thirty pounds. I started to slip and gain ten of it back and decided to hit the V-Diet up for a little boost and a lesson in self control. A hard lesson, but it fits who I am.

And to answer your question Prof, I’m not extremely muscular nor do I consider myself obese. I just want to look good nekkid, if you don’t mind me saying so.[/quote]

Dude, by BMI charts, anyone with any muscle mass above average is “obese”. 22% body fat at your weight and height is not that bad. That gives me a better picture of what you are starting with. The only thing making me think the V-Diet may not be for you at this point is that you don’t sound very serious about weight lifting…even though that could be the wrong impression.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone do that unless they were in the gym with a serious goal on a very regular basis.

Your assumption if right, I’m not into weight lifting to build my body in order to show it off. I am into weight lifting for performance. To be more specific, I’m a police officer and I’m all about staying alive. The one thing I hate most of all, is running. I just can’t get into a mindset or pattern to where I relax.

But when I’m in the gym hitting the weights, or literally hitting the heavy bag, I’m less grumpy, more focused, and feel generally alive. Probably just the boost in some kind of endorphines (I’m not a doctor, so that may not be the right word or spelling) , but it’s mental too.

If your estimate about your bf% is correct (or close), I’d say the Velocity diet could be good for you, especially if you have trouble with giving into temptation when it comes to food choices you know you shouldn’t be eating.

I just finished my 28 days of the V-diet yesterday, and lost what looks to me like a significant amount of fat already, although durring the last week my strength went down more than I liked.

My overall plan is 22 weeks of fat loss, and I’d definitely recommend comming off of it with a more sensible fat-loss program for a while as I would assume one’s metabolism isn’t going to be doing too well (which is kind of controlled though).

Definitely don’t skimp on the training part. It’s part of the diet, and I don’t think anyone should try the diet by it’s self (or any diet).