T Nation

V-Diet Question: Extra Casein?

I was wondering, would it be beneficial to got some Casein protein(see link below) to supplament the Metabolic Drive @ T-Nation while on the V-diet?

mysupplementstore.com/10caprbyop.html

Metabolic Drive is a blend not straight whey. Check the label.

[quote]R-Banger wrote:
Metabolic Drive is a blend not straight whey. Check the label.[/quote]

I think thats his point. Whey is fast digesting, so he was talking about adding more slow digesting protein. I think.

To the OP, I think the amount of casein in MD is enough. Shugart proved it was enough to maintain muscle mass.

I’m in the UK so Metabolic Drive is like 40 pounds a tub here.

To supplement that I had a custom blend of 80% Micellar Casein, 17% Whey Isolate and 3% ground oats made.

I mix this 50/50 with the Metabolic Drive.

I never get hungry and I’m losing fat like a mo-fo so it works.

Casein is very important on the V-Diet as it stops you getting hungry, but you also need the HOT-ROX to up your metabolism and stop you burning muscle.

[quote]R-Banger wrote:
Metabolic Drive is a blend not straight whey. Check the label.[/quote]

Yeah, I was thinking would it be beneficial to have a few during the day that were only casein?

Why have the Whey if you could have one with just casein?

The reason Metabolic Drive is a mix is because it combines two different effects.

1. The whey protein aids in protein synthesis as it is more quickly assimilated into the bloodstream and used, and:

2. The Casein protein slowly releases its amino acids, serving an anti-catabolic function. Straight casein has negligible impact on protein synthesis.

Protein synthesis + anti-catabolic = good