V-Diet Protein Source

[quote]JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
Only because isolate is the first ingredient in Metabolic Drive … is it not worth it to get isolate over concentrate do you think??
The price would defintely go down with concentrate but I thought that isolate was a better protein… right/wrong?[/quote]

If you want a better protein, get Metabolic Drive itself. Other than that, I’ve already posted above what I think about isolate vs concentrate.

[quote]DrVonNostrand wrote:
Anyone able to explain to me why a person who is intending on purchasing a blend of whey and casein would not simply purchase a Milk Protein Isolate?

4:1 ratio of Casein (supposedly in micellar form) to Whey, in an isolate.

Why would one even bother with a x% Whey, x% Casein, x% whatever custom blend?

[/quote]

You can make the protein cheaper with 50/50 versus 80% casein / 20% whey.

The obvious question is, how much is the end result altered?

Arent you like 175 and 5’11?

Are you absolutely sure the V-Diet is in order?

If you don’t use Metabolic Drive, you will get hairy palms, fail the diet, go blind, and someone will make dookie in the urinal at your job and/or school.

[quote]perseng wrote:
Arent you like 175 and 5’11?

Are you absolutely sure the V-Diet is in order?[/quote]

Right now I’m 5’10" and 185 but with a decent amount of fat. I’d like to cut down and start a bulk at a lower bodyfat percentage, as I seem to put on fat pretty easily when I already have some.

you need to get rid of the all the nitty gritty details and just bulk. squats and milk. come back when you’re 250.

Somebody was asking about the results of this…
I ended up going with this mix:

10% Whey Protein Concentrate
45% Micellular Casein
45% Whey Protein Isolate Cold Filtration

Right now, I'm on day 24 right now and it was not bad at all (in respect to using an alternate protein source). 
 The worst part of the diet is without a doubt, flax meal. What I did was mix the Metabolic Drive and TrueProtein shake Mixes.  So 1 scoop of each per shake, and then my last shake was only 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive at night.  I'd say pay the extra $0.75 for a premium flavor (I got chocolate) because I also got a non-premium flavor (lemonade) and it tastes SO BAD, I HAVE TO mix it with vanilla or orange MD.  
 Oh, and FWIW, I went from 187.5 lbs to 171.0 lbs.

Somebody was asking about the results of this…
I ended up going with this mix:

10% Whey Protein Concentrate
45% Micellular Casein
45% Whey Protein Isolate Cold Filtration

Right now, I'm on day 24 right now and it was not bad at all (in respect to using an alternate protein source). 
 The worst part of the diet is without a doubt, flax meal. What I did was mix the Metabolic Drive and TrueProtein shake Mixes.  So 1 scoop of each per shake, and then my last shake was only 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive at night.  I'd say pay the extra $0.75 for a premium flavor (I got chocolate) because I also got a non-premium flavor (lemonade) and it tastes SO BAD, I HAVE TO mix it with vanilla or orange MD.  
 Oh, and FWIW, I went from 187.5 lbs to 171.0 lbs.[/quote]

Good job.

Yeah flax meal sucks ass. I prefer the chewable fiber tabs. More expensive, and not as good of a fiber selection- but good enough.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Yeah flax meal sucks ass. I prefer the chewable fiber tabs. More expensive, and not as good of a fiber selection- but good enough.[/quote]

I did flax 6/7 days (only didn’t use it on cheat day, making that day EVEN sweeter.) I also used Enzymatic Therapy Fiber Chews (3/night on non-workout days).

Oh, and FWIW, I went from 187.5 lbs to 171.0 lbs.[/quote]

You should just stop lifting, start eating nothing but celery, and apply to A&F.

Just use one scoop of Metabolic Drive and one scoop of Grow! Whey per shake. It cuts the cost tremendously over the course of the V-diet (I think it was a 60 or 70 dollar savings), which is probably more than you are going to save on TrueProtein anyway.

Their Micellar and Casein proteins are like 10 bucks a pound if not more, and Metabolic Drive is like 13 a pound. So if you combine the Grow! Whey (6 bucks a pound) with the Metabolic drive, it ends up being almost 35% cheaper.