T Nation

V-Diet Progress

Well I started my V-Diet today. We're going on vaction on April 12th where the my dress code will be shorts and bikinis(for the wife) so I'm looking to get very lean. I'm using the Velocity Diet a.k.a. my Vacation Diet to get there. I'll be doing the low intensity cardio and the Waterbury Method workout. I took all of my measurements yesterday. They are as follows:

Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 189lbs
BF%: 16%

I also measured my chest, waist, thighs, ect.
The funny thing is that I'm pretty close to Shugs size so I'll be following it pretty much exactly as it was written. I'm kind of an all or nothing kind of guys so I'll be sticking strictly to the one meal per week option. I say this now but we'll see.

I'm going to track my progress and workouts here for my own benefit but if anyone else is doing the Velocity Diet right now feel free to post here. I'll probably need the help.

Good luck, Enjoy :slight_smile:

Well, the first day is over. It was kind of harder than I thought it would be. I had been eating kind of crappy leading up to this diet because I knew I would not be getting to eat for a while. That was a mistake. It made going "cold turkey" a little harder.

I had all 5 shakes and 21 salmon oil caps the way I had planned. Today I'll be cutting the salmon oil caps so I can have my Surge post workout. I'm really looking foward to that angel food cake treat.

3/5/06 Sunday

Squats: 8 x 3 w/290

Decline DB Press: 4 x 6 w/65/75/85/85
Bent BB Rows(Pro): 4 x 6 w/155

Skull Crushers: 4 x 6 w/90
Barbell Curls: 4 x 6 w/70

Looks like you are off to a good start. Keep it up.

I sure am glad your VD stands for Velocity Diet not some other VD...

And by the same token I was some what disappointed when I clicked on the thread.

I hear ya.

I was completely expecting someone's miracle anecdotes of an all icecream and poptart diet that reduced burning sensation when urinating.

oh well.

haha yep, I thought you had an STD

I was expecting something like "how do you get clymidia out of your eyes" or "my syphillis is really making me crazy, should I keep doing heavy squats"

what a let down

Cheer up guys. With any luck, he'll have a real VD when he comes back from holidays.

Day 2 down. It was much easier than the first! While I don't have a VD I'm so glad you wish I did, fucker. Ha ha. Actually I didn't think about that when made the title but it does look bad.

Chris was right about the water weight. I have easy access to a good scale so I stepped on it and have already dropped 3 pounds. I still haven't lost any fat but due to dehydration my line are already starting to show better.

Done with day three. Man, I was home all day with the kids and that made things alot tougher. I would be sitting there thinking maybe I could go to the kitchen while I was board. Then there was the making of the mac-n-chesse for the kids. There was no weight training either. So I had nothing to keep my mind off of food but pleanty to remind me of it. I did eat one of the kids dill pickles but I don't even know if that counts as cheating.

I did a half hour of treadmill last night. The only thing on tv (no cable) was Deal or NO Deal. I only walked it at 3.3mph w/a 3% incline. Even with that I started to small ammonia and my head was swimming. I guess I'm a little ketonic. I would have liked to have gone outside cause it was only 45 degrees but I had to stay close to the baby moniters. Well, one day closer to my goal...

Weight Training: Day 4

Bench Press: 8 x 3 w/220

RDL's: 4 x 6 w/225/275/295/315
Standing DB Press: 4 x 6 w/40's

Standing Calf Raise: 4 x 6 w/?
Shrugs(trap bar): 4 x 6 w/295

Lat/Bent Raise Combo: 4 x 6 w/10's

I like Surge and I like ephedrine!

I was just looking into starting VD a short while ago- Still researching. Glad to see some a recent thread on the subject.

Not going cold turkey though- I am using the T-Dawg D to break my body in a little softer.

I was wondering if a carb up day once a week could be beneficial. All clean stuff, like sweet potatoes, oatmeal, veggies and whatnot to make up for some lost vitamins minerals during the week. Any opinions?

Good thread so far. I will be following your progress. I haven't yet tried the V-diet, but have been thinking about it for a while. Maybe after my current strength/bulk.

Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck!

Here' my update at the end of day of day 6. I went to the chrome gym today because I have limited equipment at my house. I weighed myself on the scale that I used at the start of all of this. I know it's a day early but I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a special trip just to weigh in. I weighed 183.2. Down 6 pounds in 6 days. Seems right on par with what Chris did. I have only had time to do one session of cardio cause my triplets have all been sick and now I am a little. Nothing big but alot of congestion and a small annoying cough. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to more walking soon.

I do feel really flat. There was no pump to speak of for my work out which suprised me because I had been doing a conjugate/westside workout up until now with no "bodybuilding" parameters in it so I thought the change would help. At least in the 4 x 6's.

The hunger has passed. It's almost like it gave up. I do miss chewing. Gum helps. I drink lot of water and green tea and my sweet drink has been to steal a little of my kids' sugar free kool-aid. Anyway here's what my work out was.

Chin-Ups: 8 x 3 w/body (way too easy I need to add weight)

Low-Incline DB Press: 4 x 6 w/80/80/80/85's
Hammer Curls: 4 x 6 w/35's

Seated Calf Raise: 4 x 6 w/140
Back Ext.: 4 x 6 w/35 behind head

Leg Ext: 4 x 6 w/135 (I felt gay for doing these but I haven't done these in over a year and needed some extra quad work. Maybe the change will be good.)

1st of all congrats and good luck.

Question: why people feed stuff like mac-n-chesse to their children?

I always believed that if you have a child you will try to set the best examples and teach the best of everything and eating should be on the top of the list.

Ignorant people I'd not even bother asking but someone that come here knows that processed food is not good for you; so why anyone will give something that's unhealthy to his own child?

good luck on the diet.

Question: Why do you want to hijack this thread about the guys progress when there are plenty of other threads about kids nutrition that you could have a bitch on.

Scottish, Good work. I hope that you get the results that you are looking for.

You obviously don't have babies and if you do, you should try having triplets. We're worried about them gaining weight when they are young. If that means leaning a little towards the "processed" side of life then so be it. Not to mention life is a little crazy around here anyway. Mac and Cheese is easy.

What do you feed your babies?

I agree. If the kids need to gain weight, stuff like mac-n-cheese, whole milk, pop tarts, etc. is just what the doctor ordered. For those worried about "processed" foods for young children need to give it a rest. Do you even know how fast a 2 year olds metabolism is? Let's just say no one can even run that fast...

Good luck on the V-Diet. I just finished up a couple weeks ago. It was different than I thought it would be. It didn't make lifelong personal taste changes for me like I thought it would, but heh I lost weight. Don't give up! It will work for you. Oh, and dill pickles are free. Don't worry about it.