V-Diet or Get Shredded?

Hi everyone,

I want to know which diet is better:V-Diet? or Get Shredded?

currently i only have supply of whey protein, new Alpha Male, Fish Oil caps. multi-vitamins.

because JB mention if we want to use the Get Shredded Diet, we need all those supplement, otherwise we’ll have bad experience…

so, with the supplement i got, which diet is better for me to lose most fat?

It would help if you posted some stats.
I do believe the get shredded diet is for people who are below 15% body fat, whereas the v-diet can be used by anyone.

V-diet = 28 days, get shredded = 6-12 weeks every 104 weeks.

Id say if you are relatively healthy, have a decent body fat, give v-diet a shot. I haven’t tried either, but im about to do the v-diet.

In the end if you are healthy enough and already close to sub 10% body fat, then do which ever is cheaper for you. Just my suggestion.

i’m now 97.5kg, around 20+% bodyfat. i’m not new to training, i’ve been training for 10 years already.

one thing i concern is, is it ok to use whey protein for V-diet? and i’m not using HOT-ROX, just Alpha Male, will it help me retain all of my muscles?

and i think Get Shredded will make me spend TONS of money on supplements…

now i’m thinking using a mixed approach…

V diet… Leave Get Shredded for the guys that want to do just that.

i want to lose as much fat as possible…i got about 12 weeks…so i should do V-Diet 3 times?

and i don’t have HOT-ROX, only new Alpha Male. will i lose a lot of muscles?

by the way, i’m using whey protein powder…is that ok?

Reread what Chris has said. If you don’t use casein on the V-Diet, chances are high you will fail…miserably. Also, if you use a mixed approach, you aren’t doing the V-Diet or the Get Shredded diet.

For your situation, I would suggest the V-Diet. But, get HOT-ROX and get some protein powder with casein. These diets are both very extreme. If you don’t do them right, you may want to consider not doing them at all and trying something like T-Dawg 2.0

Will someone please put the link for the V-Diet. Tks!

[quote]Robert P. wrote:
Reread what Chris has said. If you don’t use casein on the V-Diet, chances are high you will fail…miserably. Also, if you use a mixed approach, you aren’t doing the V-Diet or the Get Shredded diet.

For your situation, I would suggest the V-Diet. But, get HOT-ROX and get some protein powder with casein. These diets are both very extreme. If you don’t do them right, you may want to consider not doing them at all and trying something like T-Dawg 2.0[/quote]

i know they’re extreme. but i think everyone response differently to different things, so anyone know how to make changes, based on what i got, to make these diet effective?

just like what JB said, Get Shredded is for himself only, we may need to make some changes to make it suit for us…

I’d stay clear of VD as a method of weight loss…I tried that when I was overseas on holidays and I’ve always regretted the embarrassment of having to explain my frequent hospital clinic visits to my girlfriend and family on my return…that and the fact that I’m allergic to penicillin.

[quote]Monster Wong wrote:
i know they’re extreme. but i think everyone response differently to different things, so anyone know how to make changes, based on what i got, to make these diet effective?[/quote]

Look, I hate to bust your chops, but there is no way in hell to hang on to your muscle if you don’t do these diets correctly!

If you want to do something based on what you have, you’ll have to make it up on your own, because you certainly don’t have the required supplements to do either diet.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Monster Wong wrote:
i know they’re extreme. but i think everyone response differently to different things, so anyone know how to make changes, based on what i got, to make these diet effective?

Look, I hate to bust your chops, but there is no way in hell to hang on to your muscle if you don’t do these diets correctly!

If you want to do something based on what you have, you’ll have to make it up on your own, because you certainly don’t have the required supplements to do either diet.[/quote]

I admit to only “scanning” these diets, but how much of a difference is using whey protein vs casein really going to make? if someone is eating often enough, I fail to see why casein will make such a huge difference in the results seen.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
vroom wrote:
Monster Wong wrote:

If you want to do something based on what you have, you’ll have to make it up on your own, because you certainly don’t have the required supplements to do either diet.

I admit to only “scanning” these diets, but how much of a difference is using whey protein vs casein really going to make? if someone is eating often enough, I fail to see why casein will make such a huge difference in the results seen.[/quote]

I posted this before and still agree. If you need to feel more “full” with a whey shake (thin/watery usually) compared to a casein shake (thick), just use guar gum or xanathan gum (about 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp). This will increase the volume of your shake as you will need more water usually and it will also increase thickness.

Side note: check the clearances of plasma amino acid levels for WPC vs. Micell casein. This is probably what most of the protein choice was based on. I believe WPC is about 2 - 3 hours before you see a drop in amino levels.

[quote]Monster Wong wrote:
i know they’re extreme. but i think everyone response differently to different things, so anyone know how to make changes, based on what i got, to make these diet effective?[/quote]

No.

[quote]JOG wrote:
I’d stay clear of VD as a method of weight loss…I tried that when I was overseas on holidays and I’ve always regretted the embarrassment of having to explain my frequent hospital clinic visits to my girlfriend and family on my return…that and the fact that I’m allergic to penicillin.[/quote]

What an insanely idiotic post.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I admit to only “scanning” these diets, but how much of a difference is using whey protein vs casein really going to make? if someone is eating often enough, I fail to see why casein will make such a huge difference in the results seen.

I posted this before and still agree. If you need to feel more “full” with a whey shake (thin/watery usually) compared to a casein shake (thick), just use guar gum or xanathan gum (about 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp). This will increase the volume of your shake as you will need more water usually and it will also increase thickness.[/quote]

It doesn’t have anything to do with feeling full. It’s all about the absorption rate. Casein absorbs slower thereby making each shake “last” longer. Chris has explained this numerous times. He did say it was ok to mix whey with casein, say a scoop of each in the shakes, to help with the costs.

HOT-ROX is a necessity regardless.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
itsthetimman wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I posted this before and still agree. If you need to feel more “full” with a whey shake (thin/watery usually) compared to a casein shake (thick), just use guar gum or xanathan gum (about 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp). This will increase the volume of your shake as you will need more water usually and it will also increase thickness.

It doesn’t have anything to do with feeling full. It’s all about the absorption rate. Casein absorbs slower thereby making each shake “last” longer. Chris has explained this numerous times. He did say it was ok to mix whey with casein, say a scoop of each in the shakes, to help with the costs.

HOT-ROX is a necessity regardless.[/quote]

Because you didn’t adress the last part of my post and acted as if I never even wrote it:

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/94/26/14930#SEC2

In the results table, 100 mins after ingestion, there is not much of a difference, at 300 minutes Whey Protein drops below most casein levels. At 100 minutes, look at the BCAA levels as they’re still increased (good thing, possibly even in fat loss).

Although the body does not operate off standard linear functions, chances are at 200 minutes (3 hr 20 min) the levels are nearly even maybe whey being a little lower.

Going off this study, it looks as if whey should be alright as long as he consumes shakes about every 3 hrs.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Monster Wong wrote:

No.

JOG wrote:
I’d stay clear of VD as a method of weight loss…I tried that when I was overseas on holidays and I’ve always regretted the embarrassment of having to explain my frequent hospital clinic visits to my girlfriend and family on my return…that and the fact that I’m allergic to penicillin.

What an insanely idiotic post.

itsthetimman wrote:
Professor X wrote:

HOT-ROX is a necessity regardless.[/quote]

Both I and a client I used to train used a similar protical to the V diet with whey protein and without HOT-ROX and it went fine. You have to realize that any thermogenic will only raise metabolic rate by 5% or so. So will using a thermogenic help, yes. Will it help you to hang on to more muscle…heh The reason this diet holds onto musle is that you are eating a ton of protein and only do it for a short amount of time.

If you do the V-diet on just Whey, then your body is more likely to go into catabolism burning muscle not fat.

The casein used in the V-diet helps to feel full so you aren’t dying with stomach pains.

The results will be the same, if you can handle starving.

Going off this study, it looks as if whey should be alright as long as he consumes shakes about every 3 hrs.[/quote]

Even without the study, if someone is eating every 2-3 hours, I see no reason to worry so much about whether you are drinking whey or casein. I know that Biotest sells a good protein supplement, but in the context of results seen I don’t see the big issue here.

The whole whey vs. casein protein argument is basically the difference between the original Fat Fast diet and the Velocity diet.

Does whey work? Sure, but it’s going to be harder. The Fat Fast diet was harder to stick to because with whey you feel more hungry. Casein lasts longer and fills you up more, which makes the Velocity Diet easier to stay with. Both will work, but you’re making it harder on yourself with whey.

[quote]Myllz wrote:
The whole whey vs. casein protein argument is basically the difference between the original Fat Fast diet and the Velocity diet.

Does whey work? Sure, but it’s going to be harder. The Fat Fast diet was harder to stick to because with whey you feel more hungry. Casein lasts longer and fills you up more, which makes the Velocity Diet easier to stay with. Both will work, but you’re making it harder on yourself with whey.[/quote]

Not with guar gum and xanathan gum!

Myllz wrote:

Does whey work? Sure, but it’s going to be harder. The Fat Fast diet was harder to stick to because with whey you feel more hungry. Casein lasts longer and fills you up more, which makes the Velocity Diet easier to stay with. Both will work, but you’re making it harder on yourself with whey.

Not with guar gum and xanathan gum![/quote]

Why bother adding anything to Whey when you can just drink Metabolic Drive as the diet suggests? Really, why make it more complicated?

I didn’t ignore the part you wrote earlier, as with any study the results will vary from person to person. I understand the difference over a few hours isn’t much, all I know is when I drink a whey only shake I’m starving in less than 60 minutes. When I drink a Metabolic Drive shake I can easily go a few hours before feeling hungry again. Simple as that.