V-Diet (Extended)?

The v-diet worked like a charm 3 inches lost off waist 18 lbs lost(184-166) and 5% bodyfat lost (18-13%).

The problem is if I continue on the diet any longer I will go insane. I finished one bout (finished oct 29) took a week off, started again. But I can’t do it any more.

The problem is my goal was to not stop this diet until I saw abs (no RIPT ABZ jokes, I havent seen them since before I knew what their names were and I would like to get acquainted again.)

I need to take some time off the v-diet. BUT i dont want to stall my progress. Is there any suggestions some FFB may have (I used to weigh 232 at 5’11 and it was not pretty)

What are your thoughts on either moving to the “get shredded diet” or something before either going at the v-diet again or trying something else. I really want to cut down before I do clean bulking and start my creatine (I have been dying to try this stuff but didn’t get any until I started the v-diet and figured I wouldnt be building much muscle while on a caloric deficient diet so I refrained)

[quote]Arc_1mpuls3 wrote:
The v-diet worked like a charm 3 inches lost off waist 18 lbs lost(184-166) and 5% bodyfat lost (18-13%).

The problem is if I continue on the diet any longer I will go insane. I finished one bout (finished oct 29) took a week off, started again. But I can’t do it any more.

The problem is my goal was to not stop this diet until I saw abs (no RIPT ABZ jokes, I havent seen them since before I knew what their names were and I would like to get acquainted again.)

I need to take some time off the v-diet. BUT i dont want to stall my progress. Is there any suggestions some FFB may have (I used to weigh 232 at 5’11 and it was not pretty)

What are your thoughts on either moving to the “get shredded diet” or something before either going at the v-diet again or trying something else. I really want to cut down before I do clean bulking and start my creatine (I have been dying to try this stuff but didn’t get any until I started the v-diet and figured I wouldnt be building much muscle while on a caloric deficient diet so I refrained)
[/quote]

Actually taking a little break from the v-diet may help your progress further when doing the diet again, that is if you keep the weight you lost while on the V-diet off. Good luck man! Congrats on such a drastic transformation. Maybe you could post some inspirational pictures.

The recomendation is to take 4-6 weeks off before doing another strict V-Diet.

However, if done correctly and transitioned as suggested, most V-dieters continue to lose fat after the 28 day period, in part because of the taste/craving/behavior changes.

JB’s general diet plan is a good one too.

Thank you Hog and Mr. Shugart.

I do have pics taken from the beggining of Oct - End of diet. I didn’t want to post them cuz I didnt reach my personal goal (though I did lose a lot of weight and it turned out better than I had hoped)

I wasnt sure if I would catch flack from posting pics. I hear a bunch of people who are 160ish and my height posting pictures of themselves. My physique is fantastic (when compared to me 3 months ago) but not much in comparison to the people I think should be posting on here. With that said I will try and put them up soon.

So maintaining a clean diet (most likely the get shredded) should continue my fat loss, and would be a wise move towards my goal since the v-diet is over. I just wish the rest would come off as quickly as it did with the v-diet.

THIS is why I personally think the V-diet should be used be people needing to lose a TON of fat in the beginning as a kick start, or a 4 week finisher diet when someone has gotten down to 8 - 10% body fat. If you start at 18% and end up at 13… you’ll always want a little more. The really fat person will benefit for the behavioral changes and continue losing weight, but the kinda-chubby person will need to work really hard to get more ripped after the V-diet.

Getting down below 14% was a BITCH for me. I am relieved that I am off this diet (at least for now.) It gets sad when you think of food carnally.

Steamed veggies and steak dance through my head, to hell with all that sugar plum B.S.

on a side note I (under the suggestion of hog) posted the whole months transition for those who are curious:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1357096&pageNo=0#1357105

[quote]Arc_1mpuls3 wrote:
Getting down below 14% was a BITCH for me. I am relieved that I am off this diet (at least for now.) It gets sad when you think of food carnally.

Steamed veggies and steak dance through my head, to hell with all that sugar plum B.S.

on a side note I (under the suggestion of hog) posted the whole months transition for those who are curious:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1357096&pageNo=0#1357105[/quote]

You got down to 14% using the V-diet yes? THAT is why it was a bitch to you. I used to be an FFB, I know that fat loss is hard (especially approaching single digits). There is NO reason you shouldn’t be able to hit 10 - 12 percent with normal diet and cardio principles, none at all.

Then, after hitting 10%, you get to kick it into high gear for a month and get the abs. But you need to lay ground work, don’t say that getting to 14% was a bitch if you JUST did the v-diet and stopped.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
THIS is why I personally think the V-diet should be used be people needing to lose a TON of fat in the beginning as a kick start, or a 4 week finisher diet when someone has gotten down to 8 - 10% body fat. If you start at 18% and end up at 13… you’ll always want a little more. The really fat person will benefit for the behavioral changes and continue losing weight, but the kinda-chubby person will need to work really hard to get more ripped after the V-diet.[/quote]

Behavioral changes? In someone who has no clue how to eat in the first place? That alone is where your belief loses any credibility.

For an experienced trainer, especially one who had dieted successfully before, that may just be the case. In someone who has spent years or decades eating crispy fried crap all day everyday and has no clue how to even eat well at maintenance, this will simply cause them to jump right back into Krispy Kremes because they have no solid base of nutritional knowledge.

You sound like you’ve never actually known anyone who was obese due to poor eating habits.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
THIS is why I personally think the V-diet should be used be people needing to lose a TON of fat in the beginning as a kick start, or a 4 week finisher diet when someone has gotten down to 8 - 10% body fat. If you start at 18% and end up at 13… you’ll always want a little more. The really fat person will benefit for the behavioral changes and continue losing weight, but the kinda-chubby person will need to work really hard to get more ripped after the V-diet.

Behavioral changes? In someone who has no clue how to eat in the first place? That alone is where your belief loses any credibility.

For an experienced trainer, especially one who had dieted successfully before, that may just be the case. In someone who has spent years or decades eating crispy fried crap all day everyday and has no clue how to even eat well at maintenance, this will simply cause them to jump right back into Krispy Kremes because they have no solid base of nutritional knowledge.

You sound like you’ve never actually known anyone who was obese due to poor eating habits.[/quote]

I dont know that I ever said an OBESE person should use it, If I did I was mistaken. I’ll provide an example in the last paragraph of someone I would recommend use it who is “needing to lose a TON of fat in the beginning as a kick start” - Which is what I said originally.

While I wasnt OBESE due to poor eating habits, i definitely used to be fat. My girlfriends mother is also 100+ pounds overweight due to very poor eating habbits. I’ve been there and I currently see it day in and day out.

In the case of using the diet for behavioral changes, which anecdotally have been reported by a vast majority of V-dieters, I think it would be very important to establish what good eating habits are, practice them for a few months, and then have a plan written up for after the diet.

I’d say 9 out of 10 times I wouldnt recommend the V-diet to someone who is obese(more at work in the brain then just wanting to eat pizza), and I would stick to using it as a “finisher” diet to use once single digits have been acheived.

However, If someone was on a “bulk” for a looooong time and had 40 to 50 pounds to lose (say a person who weighed 250 - 275 at 20% body fat) and knew what good eating habits were but wanted to kick the habit of eating a pizza every 2nd day of the week and mcdonalds every day… The V-diet might be a decent idea.