T Nation

V-Diet College Progress

Hi,

Trying to stick to this v-diet and figured talking about it a little would help.

A little background information. I’m a FFB, peaked at around 270ish junior year in high school before starting to turn things around. Entered college around 220, little fluxuations here and there, got myself down to 195 this summer, my senior year in college.

5’10" 21 years old
~20-23% bodyfat when at ~195-200 (still enough fat on me that the caliper isn’t entirely accurate). Don’t have my caliper with me to do measurements now. Anyone know if sports equipment places or GNC carry calipers?

I was 192 2 days before I started and weighed in at 182 yesterday night. 10 pounds in 10 days, that’s kinda scary actually, even if half of that is water weight.

So… I started this because I wanted to get this weight loss thing done and over with and also for convenience. Ever since I hit 200, the casual dieting/clean eating/exercise hasn’t been effective for me anymore. On the convenience side, I have not had the time to cook myself nutritious meals lately, so rather than unintentionlly starve myself, I feel this would be a good fit for the month ahead. Add in my recent breakup with the gf and I was all out of excuses.

I’m on day 8 and it’s getting both easier and harder. It’s easier to down the shakes. I’m actually using natural flavored grow now because it was cheaper, though I caved in and brought Metabolic Drive just now figuring it’ll make sticking to it easier. On the flip side, I noticed just now that I can smell the local Taco Bell a mile away and the smell honestly made me cry a little inside. I don’t even like Taco Bell that much, it’s just that the smell right now, feels almost heavenly. It’s quite the test of willpower.

It’s only been somewhat socially restricting with the diet. I’m too busy with work/school to party all the time and I’m not big into the whole college drinking thing anyways, so it hasn’t been a problem turning it down. Though I must say, much harder to pick up girls with coffee/dinner out of the question :stuck_out_tongue:

Some mistakes, I didn’t workout for ~1 month due to my horrific scheduling with school/work/job search. I should’ve eased myself into it first. Soreness was a huge problem this week and despite the surge, stretching, cool-down, more sleep, etc… my body had a hard time recovering. I feel a lot better today though, this week will probably be a lot easier in that aspect. Also, the flax seed (4 servings) didn’t seem like enough, so I’m taking some benefiber as well.

Sorry for the big long post, just shooting out whatever’s on my mind at the moment. Wish me luck.

7 days down (100% successful)
21 more to go

How long have you been on the V-Diet? Good job so far. I was just confused because at one point you said 10 days, then later you said 7 days.

[quote]Evilmage wrote:
Hi,

I was 192 2 days before I started and weighed in at 182 yesterday night. 10 pounds in 10 days, that’s kinda scary actually, even if half of that is water weight.

7 days down (100% successful)
21 more to go[/quote]

This is day 8, I said 10 days because I weighed myself 2 days before starting.