T Nation

V-Diet 3.0 vs GSD

Lookin to do start my cut and try and get as low of body fat % as possible. Choosing between V-diet 3.0 or the Get Shredded Diet. Sitting around 12-13% bodyfat right now, 5’9" 200 lbs. Won’t be starting for 4 weeks so hoping to be around 205 lbs when I finally start. Thoughts?

So you’re done bulking? Or you will be done bulking in four weeks?

…Then you want to do one of two low calorie diets to get shredded?

You MUST maintain weight for a few weeks at first. If I were you, I’d spend the next 4 (6-8, if possible) weeks maintaining weight, rather than gaining those extra 5 lbs.

If you just cut calories all of a sudden, your body will shrink and a lot of the muscle you just gained will be lost.

You could also “cut calories” by adding cardio, nepa, intervals, etc a couple of times a week.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
So you’re done bulking? Or you will be done bulking in four weeks?

…Then you want to do one of two low calorie diets to get shredded?

You MUST maintain weight for a few weeks at first. If I were you, I’d spend the next 4 (6-8, if possible) weeks maintaining weight, rather than gaining those extra 5 lbs.

If you just cut calories all of a sudden, your body will shrink and a lot of the muscle you just gained will be lost.

You could also “cut calories” by adding cardio, nepa, intervals, etc a couple of times a week.[/quote]

Please listen to this.

I am blown away that no author has really emphasized the importance of this maintenance phase to reset the body’s preferred weight set point, or whatever you want to call it.

Given that just about every lifter has experienced this phenomenon, I am at a loss as to why no author really talks about it.

It’s just stupid to ignore it when it is true for just about every single person.

Question at hand. I’m well aware of maintenance and have indeed experienced it. I’ve put my results up on RMP (and actually didn’t seem to have too bad a score, last I checked it was 6.5 or so after 2 weeks of being up, not great but decent) so I am curious as to what those feel about in regards to GSD versus V-Diet 3.0?

My thoughts are: GSD is cheaper, V-Diet is simpler in the fact that it requires no thinking.