Utah Turning to Gold/Silver

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Of course it is. Look around you. People are tired of supporting a failed system.
[/quote]

I think that’s where you’re having a problem/ You’ve looked around you and see that people are tired of supporting the system. Now look beyond your circle of friends and family. Half of the people in the US don’t even pay taxes and they just love Obama and the way things are going. They want free stuff. Their unemployment benefits have been extended to two years. There are more state and federal programs to support them than ever before. They’re quite happy and not about to take to the streets to change things.

So, look beyond those around you.

If you honestly support a fiat financial system that is self evident that you are a complete retard or at the very least you don’t have your best interests in mind. There is no compromising on that view. It is a FIAT system - how could you even BEGIN to support it over a time tested method such as the gold/silver standard? Oh god people crack me up. And then to condescend those with the balls to stand against the current system - LOL!

Do you know why we have a fiat system in place over a gold/silver standard? Because in a fiat system those in power have 100% control of the economy - they print the fucking paper you value as money. They control the processes of inflation and deflation that makes them fucking rich and powerful and makes you a poor slob - yet you STILL want to support them! LOL! I swear judging on how some people feel I have to think they are either retarded or honestly hold their slave masters interests over their own. Fucking bizarre behavior I swear.

I challenge ANYONE to even TRY to defend the fiat system. This will not be an obtuse religious debate - this is cut and dry. Just try…

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:
Gold/Silver standard has always been my favorite basis for a barter system.[/quote]

Is that how your customers pay you on your paper route?[/quote]

“yap yap yap yap pay attention to me deorum yap yap yap yap”

“DOWN BOY!” slaps that ugly dog in the fucking nose

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:
Gold/Silver standard has always been my favorite basis for a barter system.[/quote]

“DOWN BOY!” slaps that ugly dog in the fucking nose [/quote]

If you just knew anything…and I mean just anything about what you’re blathering about all over this forum, I wouldn’t mind looking the other way when you say stupid stuff. But so far from God to the economy it’s just all stupid stuff.

Then again, when I was 19 I didn’t make a whole lot of sense either. The only difference is I knew enough to keep my mouth shut. I guess that’s the down side of the Internet. A stupid thought 20 years ago was only expressed to a friend or relative, now guys like you have the world to spew your mindless chatter.

“I’m 19, barely out of high school and I know there is no God and I fully understand how complex economy’s work.”

There you go I wanted you to read what the rest of us see when you post.

:slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Of course it is. Look around you. People are tired of supporting a failed system.
[/quote]

I think that’s where you’re having a problem/ You’ve looked around you and see that people are tired of supporting the system. Now look beyond your circle of friends and family. Half of the people in the US don’t even pay taxes and they just love Obama and the way things are going. They want free stuff. Their unemployment benefits have been extended to two years. There are more state and federal programs to support them than ever before. They’re quite happy and not about to take to the streets to change things.

So, look beyond those around you.[/quote]

It does not matter what people want. Economic law cannot support the current policy of government expansion regardless of who or what “the people support.”

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

It does not matter what people want. Economic law cannot support the current policy of government expansion regardless of who or what “the people support.”[/quote]

You’re fable of what is to follow breaks apart terribly as you think in a linear fashion. If X breaks then we will be destroyed. What you fail to realize is that if X breaks there is always Y, and if Y doesn’t work there is Z. You’re rushing to judgement far too early.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

If you just knew anything…and I mean just anything about what you’re blathering about all over this forum, I wouldn’t mind looking the other way when you say stupid stuff. But so far from God to the economy it’s just all stupid stuff.

Then again, when I was 19 I didn’t make a whole lot of sense either. The only difference is I knew enough to keep my mouth shut. I guess that’s the down side of the Internet. A stupid thought 20 years ago was only expressed to a friend or relative, now guys like you have the world to spew your mindless chatter.

“I’m 19, barely out of high school and I know there is no God and I fully understand how complex economy’s work.”

:)[/quote]

“Yap yap yap yap I’m an insecure pussy yap yap yap yap”

Am I to take it that your defending the current fiat system? Go on… This should be interesting… I’ll let you play with the big boys.

Here I’ll actually start off for you

“Ehem. The current fiat economic system benefits me because…”

Take it away.

Edit: “‘I fully understand how complex economy’s work.’” - Am I to take it that you DON’T understand the how the fiat system works? LOL!? Oh god… And I’m so sorry I offended you when I expressed my liking to the Gold/Silver standard LOL! I must have sounded so condescending! LOL! Your a mess lmfao I literally cannot stop laughing at you.

Here if you want to show me how little I know about economic systems why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and actually take a stab at defending or attacking one or the other system instead of hanging from my dick. I would be glad to show you.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

It does not matter what people want. Economic law cannot support the current policy of government expansion regardless of who or what “the people support.”[/quote]

You’re fable of what is to follow breaks apart terribly as you think in a linear fashion. If X breaks then we will be destroyed. What you fail to realize is that if X breaks there is always Y, and if Y doesn’t work there is Z. You’re rushing to judgement far too early.[/quote]

The model cannot be linear nor did I imply it. That you inferred it from anything I have said shows the limited scope of your knowledge in the matter. Perhaps you prefer I formulate deductively in your terms:

If X breaks, X fails.

X breaks;

Therefore X fails.

What do X and Y have to do with each other?

To provoke a more direct discussion of the “Complex” fiat economic system let me ask a question. In a fiat system of economics who holds complete control of the value of your dollar - in effect, who decides if your $200 dollars that you spent x hours working for will buy you 200 loafs of bread or one?

The answer is the federal reserve and the federal reserve is not the market. If the “free” market is not holding complete control of values in your bartering exchange how can you possibly stand behind that system? Your trying to play monopoly with somebody who can print his own money without your consent and deflate the value of your dollar at any time! Its hilarious! How do people have the audacity to “wonder” why there is such a consolidation of money and power? You GIVE it to them! Lol!

In a gold/silver standard the value of gold and silver is only able to fluctuate within the given supply - it is limited. Inflation and deflation are no longer controlled by a private corporation that acts separate and above the united states government(the federal reserve).

[quote]John S. wrote:
As I write this silver is at 36.39[/quote]

Been making a lot of greenbacks with my silver plays.

Its had a heck of a run though so I’m simply holding the metal and a couple of stocks like Silver Wheaton.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

The ‘vampires’ will run out of victims.

But…let’s buy stocks, right Zebbie? Investing in a vampire/parasite society has a wonderful future, right?

LOL!!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

You’re fable of what is to follow breaks apart terribly as you think in a linear fashion. If X breaks then we will be destroyed. What you fail to realize is that if X breaks there is always Y, and if Y doesn’t work there is Z. You’re rushing to judgement far too early.[/quote]

The model cannot be linear nor did I imply it. That you inferred it from anything I have said shows the limited scope of your knowledge in the matter. Perhaps you prefer I formulate deductively in your terms:

If X breaks, X fails.

X breaks;

Therefore X fails.

What do X and Y have to do with each other?[/quote]

Your naivete on economic matters is frightening.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

The ‘vampires’ will run out of victims.

But…let’s buy stocks, right Zebbie? Investing in a vampire/parasite society has a wonderful future, right?

LOL!!
[/quote]

I’ve doubled my money in the stock market over the past three years. Tell me are your investments doing as well?

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

Am I to take it that your defending the current fiat system? Go on… This should be interesting… I’ll let you play with the big boys.

Take it away.

Edit: “‘I fully understand how complex economy’s work.’” - Am I to take it that you DON’T understand the how the fiat system works? LOL!? Oh god… And I’m so sorry I offended you when I expressed my liking to the Gold/Silver standard LOL! I must have sounded so condescending! LOL! Your a mess lmfao I literally cannot stop laughing at you.

Here if you want to show me how little I know about economic systems why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and actually take a stab at defending or attacking one or the other system instead of hanging from my dick. I would be glad to show you. [/quote]

You’ve referred to your dick several times in your posts on this forum. I wonder if you think this is a discussion like one you’d have in the hallway of your high school waiting for the bell to ring? Or is this just your latent homosexuality coming out? Or, perhaps it’s just the limited vocabulary that one so young must communicate with. Which is it? Why are you not able to post without this reference?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

Take it away.

Here if you want to show me how little I know about economic systems why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and actually take a stab at defending or attacking one or the other system instead of hanging from my dick. I would be glad to show you. [/quote]

You’ve referred to your dick several times in your posts on this forum. I wonder if you think this is a discussion like one you’d have in the hallway of your high school waiting for the bell to ring? Or is this just your latent homosexuality coming out? Or, perhaps it’s just the limited vocabulary that one so young must communicate with. Which is it? Why are you not able to post without this reference?
[/quote]

I think it’s because you have the uncanny liking to sucking my dick when you reply to me instead of posting pertaining to relevant discussion. If you were to keep the focus on the thread maybe I wouldn’t have to pry your lips off of my penis so often.

Instead of trying to talk to me about myself(a great fucking topic I might add), why don’t you discuss the topic of the thread; I don’t post in these threads to chew the fat like you seem to. Why don’t you hit the quote button on one of my other posts and instead of sucking my dick this time, actually stick to topic.

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

Take it away.

[/quote]

I think it’s because you have the uncanny liking to sucking my dick [/quote]

Perfect…anyone who wonders why I don’t take 19 year old “experts” seriously only need read the beginning of juniors response.

[quote]TQB wrote:
So:

A Silver Dollar is worth ~$27, except in Utah where it is worth $1.

A Double Eagle is worth ~$1400, except in Utah where it is worth $20.

Nothing in the law say you can demand payment in silver or gold. You are just obliged to accept such payments.

Sigh.[/quote]

Fail.

Transactions are voluntary. The worth of silver or gold in terms of the dollar is irrelevant. That is why they are considering it.[/quote]

The legal text clearly states that federally issued gold and silver coins are legal tender. That means face value. There has never been any obstacle to barter based on metal weight. The law is pure “playing for the gallery”.

A gold/silver standard seems to me to be an utterly moronic concept. If you take what has happened to Ireland (where it is only the local economy that is out of step with the rest of the Eurozone) and quadruple the effect, you have the gold standard.

Haven’t ever posted in PWI, but I saw this on the Recent Activity feed and decided to check it out (I’m an Econ Major/International Trade Minor). Decided I had to reply after reading Deorums nonsense.

The United States will NEVER, EVER revert to commodity backed currency. If it did, shortrun consequences would be disasterous: demand for money through the roof, interest rates skyrocket, business fail left and right, unemployment, etc. would make the Great Depression look like sunshine and rainbows. Assuming we could even recover from that, we would never be a world super power again. Money growth is absolutely essential for GDP growth and stable price levels.

This debate is pointless anyway, this bill has nothing to do with the gold standard. It says nothing about being able to redeem your cash for gold. “Tea Party Activist Larry Hilton” just wanted to get his name on Fox News.

Deorum, pump your brakes kid. Come back after you’ve learned some real Econ. The Illuminati video you saw on youtube doesn’t count. Better yet, get the fuck off the computer and go get laid. Any 19 year old who gets this excited debating fiat vs commodity money is without doubt a virgin.

[quote]overstand wrote:
Haven’t ever posted in PWI, but I saw this on the Recent Activity feed and decided to check it out (I’m an Econ Major/International Trade Minor). Decided I had to reply after reading Deorums nonsense.

The United States will NEVER, EVER revert to commodity backed currency. If it did, shortrun consequences would be disasterous: demand for money through the roof, interest rates skyrocket, business fail left and right, unemployment, etc. would make the Great Depression look like sunshine and rainbows. Assuming we could even recover from that, we would never be a world super power again. Money growth is absolutely essential for GDP growth and stable price levels.

This debate is pointless anyway, this bill has nothing to do with the gold standard. It says nothing about being able to redeem your cash for gold. “Tea Party Activist Larry Hilton” just wanted to get his name on Fox News.

Deorum, pump your brakes kid. Come back after you’ve learned some real Econ. The Illuminati video you saw on youtube doesn’t count. Better yet, get the fuck off the computer and go get laid. Any 19 year old who gets this excited debating fiat vs commodity money is without doubt a virgin.[/quote]

Good post.

As to your accusation of Deorum being a virgin, all I can say is that he cannot stop talking about dicks, so take it from there.

[quote]TQB wrote:

[quote]TQB wrote:
So:

A Silver Dollar is worth ~$27, except in Utah where it is worth $1.

A Double Eagle is worth ~$1400, except in Utah where it is worth $20.

Nothing in the law say you can demand payment in silver or gold. You are just obliged to accept such payments.

Sigh.[/quote]

Fail.

Transactions are voluntary. The worth of silver or gold in terms of the dollar is irrelevant. That is why they are considering it.[/quote]

The legal text clearly states that federally issued gold and silver coins are legal tender. That means face value. There has never been any obstacle to barter based on metal weight. The law is pure “playing for the gallery”.

A gold/silver standard seems to me to be an utterly moronic concept. If you take what has happened to Ireland (where it is only the local economy that is out of step with the rest of the Eurozone) and quadruple the effect, you have the gold standard.
[/quote]

Lol. Fail again.

Legality does not matter in terms of the individual’s perception of value. It is always subjective – that means in ALL TIMES AND PLACES.

Have you ever been offered a lower cash price for the same good you might have paid with a credit or debit card? Case closed.