T Nation

Using Whey for First Time

Hey guys.

I just ordered Whey Protein on-line from GNC (almost from this site but shipping was like $16???) and will have it in about 6 days.

I have never used it, so do I just add the recommended amount on the bottle to water and then drink it once a day?

I mean I'm sure theres directions but I just want to be slightly prepared.

Thanks,

David

Whey protein is simply a convenient, fairly-rapidly digesting source of protein that you can use in addition to your food intake to reach your protein intake goals for the day. Because of its relatively fast digestion, its ideal in the morning, pre and post workout, but can also be used at any other time during the day you would like to bump your protein intake higher. Do not think of it as some sort of special supplement in an of itself; its convenient food. Just treat it as such.

Simple way to think about it is that you need around 1-1.5 grams per day per lb of bodyweight. Add up what your getting from food and supplement with the whey.

Just so you know...it may take your system a few days to get used to it. I remember when I started using whey, I was dropping bombs like a mad man...hahaha...I KNOW I'm not the only one.

As far as timing goes, personally, I take 2 scoops post workout and 1 when I wake up. I just mix it with water. Grow! is a good product...I just switched to it after a year with ON, and I like it waaayyyyy better.