T Nation

Using Water Manipulation to Lpok Leaner

Hey all,

I'm trying to manipulate my body's water for the first time in hopes of looking a little bit leaner. Admittedly, I'm going to a pool party tomorrow (Saturday). I'm not super lean, probably around 12-13%... I have 4 visible abs. However I want to look my best.

I pretty much have the gist of what to do, but my main concern is pre-party. I guess you could substitute party for bodybuilding competition...

So far this is what I've done:

Wednesday- trained legs fairly easy (deload week). 30 minutes of elliptical (HR- 120-130) started drinking more water than normal, about 1.5 gallons. kept sodium intake moderate. high protein, moderate carbs, low fat diet.

Thursday- did a few sets of push and pull (deload). 50 minutes of elliptical (HR 120-130) drank about 1.5 gallons of water. sodium was kept low-moderate. high protein, low carbs, moderate fat.

Friday (today)- no weight training. played a few games of basketball (HR got waaay too high)- sweated my ass off. drank about a gallon of water. sodium was as close to 0 as possible. high protein, zero carbs, moderate fat. i stopped drinking fluid at 6 PM. thirsty as hell ATM.

My main question is, what should I do tomorrow.. if anything? The party is in the afternoon.

I was thinking about taking a few BCAA's, doing a light full body session, and then making taking about 60g's of waxy maize starch and 10g's of leucine right before the party. Then eating whatever at the party. I'm cutting but am due for a free day. I've used waxy maize coming off being completely glycogen depleted and I looked amazing. I know I'm not completely depleted but would this still be a good option?

I've heard of lean people eating high carb meals before going shirtless. I know CT ate a bunch of pancakes and syrup before he went shirtless on his vacation, lol. what's the deal with this?

I'm just not really sure how to time any of this for tomorrow. I have vegetable glycerin, waxy maize, L-Leucine, BCAAs, ANACONDA, FINiBARs, creatine, ALCAR at my disposal.

Any suggestions on what to do and most importantly, when to do it?

What you should have done was to do more lactate style training to deplete the glycogen stores in your skeletal muscles, that way they would have supercompensated when you carb loaded today (which is what you want). Also, I don't think 1.5 gallons of water is sufficient to put your body in flushing mode.... and to be honest, at 12-13% bodyfat, I highly doubt a little water magic is going to achieve what you;re really after. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear.

S

Nothing. You're too late and not lean enough. I speak from experience.

I tried the "Get Shredded in 6 Days" article on here and I'm at 10-11% body fat. So not worth the effort at that body fat

Lol. thanks for the honest replies. i'll probably still stick out no water till tomorrow sometime. see how i look and possibly do a light full body, and carb up with waxy maize.

Next time I try this, i'll be leaner.