Using MSG to Clean Bulk

Bought some monosodium glutamate, dirt cheap, to add flavour to otherwise bland healthy meals.

The aim is to enhance the ability to eat copious amounts of lean meat and rice.

I personally think sprinkling a carcinogen on your food to make it taste better is insane.

But… If you consider health and fitness mutually exclusive you can justify any means.

First article that came up on Google:

Yeah, the first word that came into my head when I read this was ‘retard’.

What’s even funnier is the ‘clean bulk’ part.

Using normal seasonings ffs.

[quote]JLone wrote:
I personally think sprinkling a carcinogen on your food to make it taste better is insane.

But… If you consider health and fitness mutually exclusive you can justify any means.

First article that came up on Google:
http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/110755.aspx[/quote]

X2

Why is anyone eating “bland healthy meals” unless getting ready for a contest?

Franks Red hot has 0 calories.

Ms. Dash makes tasty seaonings, many are salt free if thats youre thing.

The list literally goes on and on.

I use Salt Grass steakhouse seasoning and I also use that seasoning that Pappa’s Barbecue uses (they give me extra). I seriously doubt some of you sticking with this long term if you don’t enjoy it at all.

People who make the most progress do so because they love this shit. Unless dieting for a contest, you don’t get an award for enjoying this process less than everyone else…especially if you aren’t even making that much progress.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

i love Franks Red Hot Sauce and put it on everything.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

i love Franks Red Hot Sauce and put it on everything. [/quote]

It’s only good when there is some sort of fat involved. On lean chicken breast it tastes like shit.

Sriracha

Ketchup mixed with Sriracha

A quality salt product like Real Salt also generally gives food better flavour than standard table Salt.

there isn’t anything wrong with MSG. it’s glutamate when dissolved in just about anything… chemistry how does it work?

[quote]big balls wrote:
Bought some monosodium glutamate, dirt cheap, to add flavour to otherwise bland healthy meals.

The aim is to enhance the ability to eat copious amounts of lean meat and rice.[/quote]

MSG can cause a myriad of health problems. Not worth it, when there are plenty of healthy alternatives.

Grinding pink himalaya salt or sea salt over your food greatly enhances the flavor. Lean meat goes well with hot sauce. I like to sprinkle oregano/thyme/basil on my meat/egg dishes. GARLIC!
single-concentrate tomato paste. The list goes on and on…

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:

MSG can cause a myriad of health problems. Not worth it, when there are plenty of healthy alternatives.

[/quote]
Not really. MSG sensitivity is imaginary.

[quote]man bear pig wrote:

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:

[/quote]
Not really. MSG sensitivity is imaginary. [/quote]

One can argue about how carcinogenic it is but high blood pressure is real.

Some anecdotal evidence: A girl I was dating always got terrible migraine after eating anything with MSG (chinese, etc.). She certainly wasn’t making this up.

I’m surprised nobody remembers OP’s previous ideas… smoking nettle, eating pounds of pork rinds, … same guy, right?

^ what i was gonna say

And yet those previous threads have nothing to do with this one.

I agree there is no need to eat completely clean unless you are preparing for a comp, but MSG probably not the best choice.

Some research on how it cause brain leisons in newborns is rats and humans. (I know, we are not infants) Other articles on the negative effect on growth hormone, endorphins, and other hormones.

I would leave it alone and use nearly anything else.

[quote]gabex wrote:
I’m surprised nobody remembers OP’s previous ideas… smoking nettle, eating pounds of pork rinds, … same guy, right?[/quote]

Yeah, I appreciate the OP’s dedication but it’s weird that he only ever chooses the most uncomfortable options…

Originally Posted by Dave Tate
There was a time at the Old Westside gym where I couldn’t gain weight to save my fucking life.

There was this dude who trained there who could just put on weight like fucking magic. He’d go from 198 to 308 and then to 275 and back down to 198. And he was never fat. It was amazing.

I finally asked him one day how he did it.

“You mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and I’ll fill you in.”

Now remember, we’re at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious shit if we have to go outside, I thought.

So we get outside and he starts talking.

“For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don’t care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that shit down and eat. That’s your breakfast.”

At this point I’m thinking this guy is nuts. But he’s completely serious.

“For lunch you’re gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don’t want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bullshit. I don’t care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can’t let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter.”

“For dinner you’re gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don’t like sardines, don’t put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that fucker up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that shit over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the shit out of it.”

“Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that fucker. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals.”

This guy is in a zen-like state when he’s talking about this.

“Now you’re on the clock,” he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you’re full. Don’t listen to that shit. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I’m telling you now, you’re going to get three or four pieces in and you’re gonna want to quit. You fucking can’t quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can’t finish it, don’t you ever come back to me and tell me you can’t gain weight. 'Cause I’m gonna tell you that you don’t give a fuck about getting bigger and you don’t care how much you lift!"

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn’t get much fatter. One of the hardest things I’ve ever done in my life, though.