Using Arimidex to Increase Testosterone

My doctor recently prescribed me Arimidex and Nolvadex because my bloodwork showed that my testosterone levels were low. I’m 25 years old and my levels came back at 327.

I’ve recently searched many forums on this website regarding the use of Arimidex to increase testosterone.

While searching through countless forms on here, I came across many posts from people whom I’m convinced, did not even the slightest clue as to what they were talking about out.

As a result, I did some research on my own and came across this study with actual evidence of using Arimidex to increase free serum testosterone in the body. I suppose, I should’ve never doubted my doctor in the first place. Not only is he a doctor, he was also a bodybuilder for many years.

Below is a quote from the article.

“This study demonstrates that aromatase inhibition is an effective means of increasing testosterone production in elderly men with low or borderline low serum testosterone levels. Specifically, in this study we have shown that anastrozole, even at low doses, increases serum LH and testosterone levels robustly while decreasing serum estrogen levels in a more modest fashion.”

*Please dose according, as pushing your E2 levels too low, will come with some sides that aren’t so fun.

The link to the article is below. Hope this helps others.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/89/3/1174/2844209

There are no benefits to inhibiting an natural process such as aromatase enzyme just to increase testosterone, inhibiting estrogen just to increase testosterone is malpractice. Now I’m going to ask for your labs showing a significant increase in testosterone using Arimidex and Nolvadex which I’m sure you just forget to share.

This logic is extremely flawed and this is a huge mistake comparing a 25 year old hypo male to an elderly man. Let me explain. As men age the levels of circulating aromatase rise substantially and the production of testosterone decreases substantially. So we have high levels of aromatase and low levels of circulating testosterone. So yes when you introduce an AI to an elderly man with oodles of aromatase his aromatase goes down and his estrogen goes down and his testosterone goes up (mind you not amazingly better). Now you take a young man like you with average levels of aromatase and lowish testosterone. What will happen is you will crash your estrogen levels quickly and feel worse than you can imagine.

Here’s how your situation will play out - not well.

1 Like

Do you know what your E2 level was?

This study feels like osteoporosis