T Nation

Using an AI to Alter E2 Levels?

On another board a few members grabbed blood work that look similar to this:

Testosterone, Serum: 539 ng/dL (Range 249-836)
LH: 5.5 mIU/mL (Range 1.7-8.6)
FSH, Serum: 3.5 mIU/mL (Range 1.5-12.4)
Estradiol: 44.2 pg/mL HIGH (Range 7.6-42.6)

Would anyone recommend an AI to someone who is 21 years old and has confirmed and consistent elevated E2 levels? This guys androgen to estrogen ratio is pretty off. Obviously free test would be nice to know but I don't have that information right now.

He would probably benefit from an AI...you want to keep E2 in the low 20's ideally. 1mg/wk in divided doses is a good place to start. Some people over-respond and drop their E2 too low (you DO need estrogens--bone density, hair and skin health, and sex drive among other things depend on it). Followup labs would be necessary.

What is his prior use with AAS? That is a big component...at 21, he needs to figure out why his liver is not clearing his E2 and why test is dumping to E2...way more info is needed..

We see this a lot with low cortisol levels (adrenal fatigue/hypoadrenia/etc)...

Point him towards the TRT section of this site--probably more appropriate help from him there...

Yes, I told him to start at a low dose aromasin (12.5mg EOD) and get bloods every week to see how the dose is affecting him. I don't think he can get bloods done much more often than that. I figure it won't hurt his lipids (from the literature I've read, aromasin doesn't effect lipids) assuming he doesn't destroy his E2.

I hadn't thought of the adrenal fatigue. He has never used AAS, used to be a fat guy though. I did end up switching to the TRT forum here and looked up the information. Seem to have found a decent answer. Thanks for the help.

Did you end up solving the problem?

I am dealing with something quite similar.

If anyone has anything else to add that would be appreciated

That is not a low dose, though. A safer starting dose would be about 1/4 of that, and since E2 levels would keep falling for about 4 weeks before stabilizing, it doesn't make a lot of sense to start testing before then.