Using Amps with Regular Pins vs. Filter Pins

Been around the block and appreciate feedback from the same only thanks.
getting gear in amps of late and used to using vials. Heard that most folks used regular pins to draw from said amps, and after standard switch of the draw pin to an inject pin, without issue until about a decade ago when pins were first started to be recommended for both medical and anabolic use for amps.

I used my regular proto with several amps without any notable issue, but since then have begun second guessing if that is a safe way still? Anyone who’s had experience with amps predominantly in their aas use please chime in on what you do, ie; filter pin or regular pin.
Thanks

I don’t use amps, but if I did I’d filter them or at least use a filter pin. It doesn’t cost much more and it ensures that you’re not getting little bits of glass in your body. Feels like that’s worth the extra cost. But realistically tons of guys use amps, never filter, and are totally fine. So it’s a personal choice based on your own risk tolerance.

I use pharma grade amps, and I just do the same thing as I did when using vials ie Drawing with a 21ga, and injecting with a 23 ga.
I don’t worry about glass, never seen a fragment in the barrel of the syringe. Even if it did get in there, it probably wouldn’t get into your system because of the subsequent use of a smaller gauge needle to inject.
I trust enough that that its safe enough as amps have been used at least since WW2, for battlefield and hospital morphine injections and perhaps earlier. Its a medical standard and those are usually overly safe rather than just borderline.

And herein lies the distinction. If you’re using actual pharma from an actual, reputable pharmaceutical company I would skip filtering. My concerns start when we move from real pharma to lookalike pharma where “good” UGLs are buying amps in bulk and maybe following best practices every time or maybe not. Who knows?

1 Like

You never really know with an UGL how sterile their process is, or the quality of their amps or sealing process.