T Nation

Useless trt docs

I am 21 years old and have been on trt for almost 2 years. My insurance is Kaiser Permanente. When I first went in to get my testosterone levels checked due to low libido and energy, they came back at 200ng/dl and I made the decision to start trt. The problem is, the Kaiser doctors are completely uneducated in trt and very difficult to deal with.

Their method is to lower the testosterone per week to lower estrogen instead of using an AI. They refuse to give me an arimidex prescription even though the arimidex has done wonders in controlling my estrogen. The doctor is so ignorant that he wants me taking 80mg of test a week! This dose makes me feel like shit. I have been using 175mg a week and feel great, with arimidex being used.

My question is, what should I do in order to get prescriptions for arimidex and enough test that my body needs? Unfortunately all of the kaiser endocronologists are the same way, ignorant and cookie cutter. Is there anyway I can go to a third party pharmacy to handle my trt, without breaking the bank? Thanks for your opinions.

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Can’t fix your doctor.

175mg/week seems a bit insane.
Please post protocol details and labs with ranges.

Before TRT, was LH/FSH and prolactin tested?

Is fertility a concern for you?

Most free lance TRT docs are expensive.
So you have been sourcing anastrozole on your own. Too expensive?

here are my labs before starting trt back in 2013.

Range                  My value

TSH .10-.550 uIU/ml 2.47
Testosterone total >220ng/dl 249
FSH 1.4-18.1 mIU/ml 3.6
LH 1.0-12.0 mIU/ml 2.0
Prolactin 2-18ng/ml 10
Estradiol <50pg/ml <50
Cortisol Morning 8.0-25.0 ug/dl 20.4
Hgb 13.0 - 17.0 g/dL 14.8
Hematocrit 39.0 - 51.0 % 44.3

Yes, the arimidex is very expensive buying it outside of a prescription. I would like to have kids someday, and I have asked my doctor about starting hcg on multiple occasions, but he says that he doesn’t ‘handle that sort of thing’ and believes I don’t need to start HCG therapy until I’m ready to have kids which seems unnecessarily risky.

Many find liquid anastrozole on the WWW.

TSH should be closer to 1.0
If you have not been using iodized salt continuously, you can be iodine deficient.
Please check oral body temperatures:

• when you first wake up, should be 97.7-97.8, higher is OK, 97.3 is a problem
  • also check for 98.6 mid-afternoon

Wrong estradiol lab was ordered and what you got was for fertile women. You need to resolve into lower 10’s

• finding a TRT doc