Useless info thread

I came across this list and thought I’d start a thread of which the sole purpose of is to store any useless/little known/interesting etc info that you might come across.

Here’s my initial contribution: 10 most cited refernces, living or dead.

1. Marx,
  2. Lenin
  3. Shakespeare
  4. Aristotle
  5. the Bible
  6. Plato
  7. Freud
  8. Chomsky
  9. Hegel
    10.Cicero

Daddy-long legs spiders aren’t actually arachnids.

A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.

In my next life…

“Extremes, though contrary, have the like effects. Extreme heat kills, and so extreme cold: extreme love breeds satiety, and so extreme hatred; and too violent rigor tempts chastity, as does too much license”

~ George Chapman

The plastic bit on the end of a shoelace is called an aglet.

But what is really important and I should tell you is

Glycogen yeilds more ATP’s than glucose. 3 vs. 2

My penis is a mere 7 inches when erect… but it is a healthy 11.5 inches in its relaxed, flaccid state.

How’s that for a raw deal…

Besides humans, dolphins are the only other animal that has sex for pleasure.

say is actually psychotic. He has three personalities.
His first personality, is named Canuck. He loves Canada and everything Canadian. He won’t even step on a maple leaf.
His second personality is named Bob Smith. He is an American. He loves Americans.
His third personality is the guy on this board named restless. He believes everything that militant islamists say about Americans.

Phyrrus was killed when a tile fell on his head.

Uhh, hell. I dunno. That’s the best I’ve got.

1. The 1st Inuit Bible was published in Copenhagen in 1744.
  2. The longest poem ever written by 1 person is Shah Namah, written by the Persian poet Firdausi in the 10th century. It’s 2804 pages long, 120000 lines & fills up 9 volumes. He spent 35yrs writing it.
  3. The longest name of any city or town is Llanfairpwllgwynggyllgogerychwyrndrobwell, Wales. The ones with the shortest names are Y, France & A, Norway.
  4. A otter is quick enough to dodge a rifle bullet
  5. The 1st house numbers appeared in 1493 on Pont Notre-Dame in Paris
  6. The word potpourri comes from the French phrase “putrid pot”
  7. Roller skates originated in the Netherlands
    etc

Poop is brown

I can eat three bags of nacho chips in 15 minutes.
Unfortunatley i found this out tonight. I was stuck at a friends house and there was nothing there to eat.
:slight_smile: Groove

I dont care what the experts say. The reason you have a head on your penis is to keep your hand from flyin off------

“I’m like a chocoholic, but with beer.”

The revolving door was invented in 1705.

TexasBulldog: Sorry, but some forms of primate do engage in sex for pleasure. I believe that it is the chimpanzee that not only engages in sex for pleasure, but also engages in prostitution (for food) and oral sex.

“Nice” didn’t always mean what it means today. Originally, it came from the Latin nescius (ignorant), and grew to mean “foolish” in the 14th and 15th centuries.

The Caspian Sea and the Dead Sea aren’t seas. They’re lakes.

Rabbits are more closely related to horses than they are to rodents or mice.

The Romans did not use chariots in ancient wars. They used them for sport and transportation, not in war.

There’s no evidence that pirates ever buried their treasure. That myth first came up when captain William Kidd lied about burying his gold during his trial.

Remember Atari games? The company isn’t Japanese, even though most people think so. The name was chosen so consumers would think the company, based in Northern California, was Japanese.

Oh, yes… I was going to mention this. The only reason Hegel is in the top 10 is because Marx drug his ass along.

Aligators cannot stick out their tongues.

The eye of an ostrich is larger than it’s brain.

Human eyes are full size at birth, but the ears and nose grow contiuously throughout a persons life.

The fortune cookie was invented in 1916 by a Los Angeles noodle manufacturer. (I’ve been wanting to spout this fact out for a loooong time…)

I;m going to upstage Monkeyboy Eric. Everyone knows the Caspian Sea is the biggest lake in the world, but it’s called Caspian the Romans thought they had reached the ocean because it’s salty & gave it the name ‘Mare Caspium’ or ‘Mare Hyrcanium’ which means salty sea.