T Nation

Used Close Grip Bench, Now Need Bigger Pecs

I used to use a very close grip on the bench, so my pecks have not gotten any size as i would like them to have. I want some low size, should i do inclined bench?

A peck is an imperial and U.S. customary unit of dry volume, equivalent in each of these systems to 2 gallons, 8 dry quarts, or 16 dry pints. Two pecks make a kenning (obsolete), and four pecks make a bushel.

In Scotland, the peck was used as a dry measure until the introduction of imperial units as a result of the Weights and Measures Act of 1824. The peck was equal to about 9 litres (in the case of certain crops, such as wheat, peas, beans and meal) and about 13 litres (in the case of barley, oats and malt). A firlot was equal to 4 pecks and the peck was equal to 4 lippies or forpets.

[quote]SilentBob490 wrote:
A peck is an imperial and U.S. customary unit of dry volume, equivalent in each of these systems to 2 gallons, 8 dry quarts, or 16 dry pints. Two pecks make a kenning (obsolete), and four pecks make a bushel.

In Scotland, the peck was used as a dry measure until the introduction of imperial units as a result of the Weights and Measures Act of 1824. The peck was equal to about 9 litres (in the case of certain crops, such as wheat, peas, beans and meal) and about 13 litres (in the case of barley, oats and malt). A firlot was equal to 4 pecks and the peck was equal to 4 lippies or forpets.[/quote]

Very good post.

Let me add that this abstract:
http://cogprints.org/2890/

Goes into great detail about LOW SIZE…Complexity Inductive Logic Programming: The East-West Challenge Considered as a Problem in Cost-Sensitive Classification

…and now that this is in beginners…if you were doing close grip and notice a problem with lack of gains…how about NOT doing close grip anymore?

Why would you only focus on incline presses? Do flat, decline AND incline presses and stop training the way you were.

Seriously dude… post a little more:
The guys above are trolling you because you posted bullshit.

Anyway, I’m going to take a guess that you ONLY did Close Grip Bench…

Uhh, well, I’ll just take a random stab in the dark:

stop doing Close Grip bench for a while, and, switch to dips with some forward lean.
And, do both bench press and incline bench press.

2010’s going to be a classic

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
2010’s going to be a classic[/quote]

X2

sombody call the cops, cause that was murder

Since your tris are probably pretty damn strong with all that CGBP, maybe you should pre-exhaust with pec-deck or flyes (I love cable flyes) and then hit the bench press so you can target the pecs better.

Um…

Lower chest can be built by doing decline bench and dips.

Widen your hands on the bar when benching?

[quote]ridethecliche wrote:
Since your tris are probably pretty damn strong with all that CGBP, maybe you should pre-exhaust with pec-deck or flyes (I love cable flyes) and then hit the bench press so you can target the pecs better.[/quote]

You sure do make a lot of assumptions.

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
Um…

Widen your hands on the bar when benching?[/quote]

What does flat bench work?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]ridethecliche wrote:
Since your tris are probably pretty damn strong with all that CGBP, maybe you should pre-exhaust with pec-deck or flyes (I love cable flyes) and then hit the bench press so you can target the pecs better.[/quote]

You sure do make a lot of assumptions.[/quote]

And normally they make a huge ass out of me.

wow… lol, I dont even know what to say to this shit hahaha

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
Um…

Widen your hands on the bar when benching?[/quote]

What does flat bench work?[/quote]

Um, legs?

Last time I checked, forums are for individual input on questions or situations people have. They post, ask, and get answers. Just putting in my two cents.