T Nation

USC or UCLA

Hey guys,

juss wandering, i’m planning on majoring in econ, to become a banker maybe… i’m not sure which school would be best tho, assuming i could afford to go to either one (which i cant, lol), i juss need some input as to which one you guys in T-Nation think would be best…

thnx in advance, some reasons for your guys’ opinions would be nice too =)

Pokejerk,
I currently go to UCLA and I love it here. I think it’s a great school no matter what your major, though I can’t say I know much about our econ major (I’m majoring in chemical engineering). Just know that if you come here you’ll have at least one fellow T-Nation citizen with you!

p.s. Does anyone who reads T-Mag go to UCLA? (sorry for the mini-hijack)

Also know that you’ll have a lot distracting you with all those sexy women.

I go to USC.

You’ll be able to afford UCLA before you can USC haha.

We were the in the top 10 business schools in the nation last year (i believe 6th) if that helps you any.

If you get the chance, come check out our Marshall School of Business everyone’s pretty friendly instructors are great most are just there chillin in thier offices so you can get a great feel for the school.

One thing is the networking, if you link up with people at sc you’re set for life. Just saying “ya i’m trojan” can get you a lot of shit.

Even in “Bruin” territory at the hookah bar’s and diddy reese cookies i’ve gotten free shit for going to SC.

SO it has it’s advantages not just school oriented.

BOTH are great schools and BOTH you’ll learn a whole lot and be greatly prepared for the business world.

Best idea is to set out your goals REALLLLLLY specifically and see which school can cater to you the best. See yourself as a hot commodity and that they better put down the best offer.

Which you are! Cause SC is 43k a year. So now u know whats stopping me from getting my corvette…if only i could use these student loans for something else (i’m not crying there’s just something in my eye).

:smiley:

Advantages I noticed… UCLA is in a better area (ie, its not the university of south central) if you go to the world trade buildings in downtown los angeles they have a UCLA extension there and a lot of UCLA grads work there…not USC grads, despite the proximity.

Thats a lot to look into.

oh and as far as people wise…

if you watch MTV they had a show “my sweet 16” … 90% of girls at USC are like that, so take that into your decision.

That being said, I party at UCLA and junior colleges…low self esteem girls really work for their sex (jk). I’m poor, I get along with poor people.

Ok cause I go to USC, I have to do the regular school spirit thing despite my aversion to that shit.

Go to 'SC don’t bRUIN your life.

Fight On

Xen “Trojan” Nova

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Go to 'SC don’t bRUIN your life.
[/quote]

I like it Xen.

Or, if you actually desire to be somebody, go north a few hundred miles and hit Haas at Cal.

Seriously though, I suggest going to SC. While the education you will receive is only as good as the effort you put into it, the network you buy into at SC is priceless. At the undergraduate level, there is little difference in the quality of education among these established universities.

Also note that UCLA stole their mascot, colors, and fight song from Cal, the original UC. Do they not have a fragment of originality?

BFG

[quote]BFG wrote:
the education you will receive is only as good as the effort you put into it, the network you buy into at SC is priceless. At the undergraduate level, there is little difference in the quality of education among these established universities.
[/quote]

Entirely true.

Responding to hi-jack:
Yoda, do you cheer at UCLA? I don’t go there, I just couldn’t help but notice your av.