USAPL Meet in Rochester, NY

Hey guys. I’m the meet director for a push/pull meet in Rochester NY.

Its going to be April 22nd on the campus of Rochester Institute of Technology.

Here is a link to the entry form (as long as it works)

http://cormick.rh.rit.edu/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/2007-usapl-rit-entry-form.doc

If you have any questions please post on here or send a PM my way.

//bjzl//

Cool! I don’t PL (I OL), but I would like to check it out. Can I just go and watch free of charge?

ditto, Id like to come and watch. Always nice to see something happening in Rochester

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
Cool! I don’t PL (I OL), but I would like to check it out. Can I just go and watch free of charge?[/quote]

You will probably have to cough up $5 for a spectator fee. Running meets costs money.

We haven’t decided on a “spectator fee” yet; but IF there is one; it will be very little.

True, it does cost money to put on a meet; but we don’t wanna discourage people from watching.

Plus; we want the exposure for our club.

oh; and the room we are holding it in has alot of big glass windows with plenty of standing room behind lol

[quote]B rocK wrote:
We haven’t decided on a “spectator fee” yet; but IF there is one; it will be very little.

True, it does cost money to put on a meet; but we don’t wanna discourage people from watching.

Plus; we want the exposure for our club.

oh; and the room we are holding it in has alot of big glass windows with plenty of standing room behind lol[/quote]

Well, the only thing I would tell you not knowing how many meets you have under your belt or what fixed expense you are incurring is that most of the time you close the gap with the door b/c it can add up quick b/t awards, drug tests, refreshments for the lifters, t-shirts or whatever for your help, etc., etc.

Some people out of pure weaselness will try to duck out of paying at the door but the vast majority don’t even blink an eye b/c they are there to watch friends or family members and see it for what it is, a contribution to the cause.

Nothing sucks more than busting your ass to hold a meet and ending up losing money.

Good luck.

Yep, good point. The other club officers and I are already thinking about something to be instituted. Nothing major.

But everyone…please feel free to come and watch; tell your friends, and/or anyone you might think would wanna watch or compete!!!

if the application link doesn’t work, here’s an updated one…

http://www.ritstrongmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/2007-usapl-rit-entry-form.doc

A small fee is no problem. Plus, I would definitely buy some refreshments or whatever if it was available.

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
A small fee is no problem. Plus, I would definitely buy some refreshments or whatever if it was available.[/quote]

Just to be clear, my post wasn’t really aimed at you as you seem to be a good dude. Just offering some unsolicited advice…

no worries man. its all good.

this meet is gonna be awesome!

come watch and see some people pull some big numbers!

also.

if you plan to come; please email me your full name.

the RIT gym is exclusive and you need to have your name on an entrance list.

2 weeks left to get your applications in!!!

Our meet will also be covered by ‘RIT Sports Zone,’ which airs on Espn2 local. We have a significant amount of younger (high school) lifters coming (at least very interested) so it’d be great for this to be an awesome experince for them, aka more people there to watch them and cheer them on. Oh yeah, B didn’t specify price at the door, but it will for sure be no more than $5.

my bad

the entry fee is $3 and if you say your from tnation i’ll give you smile and a wave Unless i’m about to push/pull

come see this, show your support for the sport!

the met was todayt and went very well, many PR’s fell and we had a state record set by a 13 year old competetor! Great day! We may post some pics soon.

Can i come, oh wait it was this morning and I was there. Good meet BRock.