T Nation

USAPL Lifters: Break Parallel?

For the 372 attempt, did I break parallel?

It’s barely past parallel or atleast parallel. I’d like additional opinions though.

My right knee turned in on 225, please ignore that.

Eh, that’s parallel. Nice work, man.

I think you’re at parallel, the judges may or may not give it to you. Difficult to be positive at that angle.

Looked parallel to me.

Nice work.

I liked the timing of the music too.

I’d say you’d get that passed at most meets.

Depth looked fine but the angle is tough to judge.

Also you don’t appear to be coming up even. Watch your right leg, it seems to sway your body a bit. (Again this may just be the angle)

Nice lift!

I don’t know if everyone else who replied is a USAPL lifter, but i’m not.

I’m an APF cheater myself. But you did break parallel.

Across the boards: 3 greens

Yes.

[quote]sapasion wrote:
Across the boards: 3 greens[/quote]

What the hell does that mean?

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
sapasion wrote:

What the hell does that mean?[/quote]

They’re changing their white lights to green for the Holidays.

Lets forget the word parallel since it means nothing in powerlifting and focus on what the rulebook says: “Upon receiving the Chief Referee?s signal the lifter must bend the knees and lower the body until the top surface of the legs at the hip joint is lower than the top of the knees.”

Focus on this and you will be fine. There is not one rulebook I have ever seen that had the word “parallel” in it, and I think usage of this word has resulted in a lot of shitty squatting in certain feds.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
apwsearch wrote:
sapasion wrote:

What the hell does that mean?

They’re changing their white lights to green for the Holidays.[/quote]

Finally somebody with a sense of humor!

Good squatting. I have to say, I watched your progression and when you got to 225 I was thinking there was no way in hell you were going to get that to that weight. I expected to see you cutting higher and higher with each rep. You didn’t. Good job.

where’s the red b-ball kicks? did you do wabdl this year?

Definately in. I’d give you whites. THat little dip you did right at the end just make extra sure of it. Strong squatting btw, what’s your BW at these days?

Nope, didn’t do WABDL this year.

Where have you competed in WABDL in the past? Would I remember you?

I wish I started squatting earlier, I’ve only done it seriously since last December…

Thanks for the replies, let’s see if the judges are this kind in 2 weeks.

The angle is not ideal, but I’d say you broke. If I were you I would consider bringing the stance in. You do not look comfortable with such a wide stance. Your knees drift inwards at the bottom and your knees no longer follow your toes.

beef

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:
The angle is not ideal, but I’d say you broke. If I were you I would consider bringing the stance in. You do not look comfortable with such a wide stance. Your knees drift inwards at the bottom and your knees no longer follow your toes.

beef[/quote]

Seconded. It even happens to a lesser extent on the 45lb firs set.