Usain Bolt 19.67! Fastest 200m of Year

I think some blazing fast times are ahead for this young man at 100m & 200M. Simply AMAZING!!!

That guy is a freak! He towers over everyone who was on the track. How tall is he?

This is just insane

Every 2 years I get stoked about the Olympic Games.

This year is no different, only 26 days more days.

Beijing 2008 will only be great games for the Chinese, especially in weight lifting and gymnastics, sadly it will suck for most other athletes. The USA Basketball team will win gold once again, but I’m not betting on it. I suspect that not many records will be broken either, especially in track and swimming.

19.32 is the 200m world record

I’ll wager a tub SURGE that there ain’t no f’way it will get broken this year. I’m outright confident that they may not even crack 13.5

So that arrogant prick Michael Johnson still reigns in 200m and will probably die undefeated. That’s ok though, Donavan Bailey owned his ass in 150m.

Good luck to all athletes, especially the clean and classy ones.

Bolt owned everybody. Wow.

There certainly is a gap between 19.32 and 19.67 but it didn’t seem Bolt was at his limit either. I’d be surprised if he didn’t go below 19.5 during the games in the 200m

Too bad Tyson Gay won’t be there to push him in the 200.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
Every 2 years I get stoked about the Olympic Games.

This year is no different, only 26 days more days.

Beijing 2008 will only be great games for the Chinese, especially in weight lifting and gymnastics, sadly it will suck for most other athletes. The USA Basketball team will win gold once again, but I’m not betting on it. I suspect that not many records will be broken either, especially in track and swimming.

19.32 is the 200m world record

I’ll wager a tub SURGE that there ain’t no f’way it will get broken this year. I’m outright confident that they may not even crack 13.5

So that arrogant prick Michael Johnson still reigns in 200m and will probably die undefeated. That’s ok though, Donavan Bailey owned his ass in 150m.

Good luck to all athletes, especially the clean and classy ones.

[/quote]

Dude, Bolt is really young. I don’t think he’ll break it during these Olympics, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he gets it sometime within the next four years. Barring injury or some unforseen complications I think we’re looking at potentially the greatest sprinter of all time. Oh, he’s 6’5" to who asked.

It looks like a man running against boys. I’ve said this before, but it blows me away on how easy he makes it look.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Dude, Bolt is really young. I don’t think he’ll break it during these Olympics, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he gets it sometime within the next four years. Barring injury or some unforseen complications I think we’re looking at potentially the greatest sprinter of all time. Oh, he’s 6’5" to who asked.[/quote]

WF, put your money where your mouth is.

What’s this ‘Potentially the greatest sprinter of all time’ BS?

I want Realism, damn it! Are you in or not?

Here’s the difference between the two:

A young boy went up to his father and asked him, “Dad, what is the difference between potentially and realistically?”

The father thought for a moment, then answered, “Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars, and then, ask your brother if he’d sleep with Tom Cruise for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you learn from that.”

So the boy went to his mother and asked, ‘Would you sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars?’ The mother replied, ‘Of course I would! We could really use that money to fix up the house and send you kids to a great University!’

The boy then went to his sister and asked, ‘Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?’ The girl replied, ‘Oh my God! I LOVE Brad Pitt! I would sleep with him in a heartbeat, are you nuts?!?!?’

The boy then went to his brother and asked, ‘Would you sleep with Tom Cruise for a million dollars?’ ‘Of course,’ the brother replied. ‘Do you know how much a million could buy?’

The boy pondered the answers for a few days, then went back to his dad. His father asked him, ‘Did you find out the difference between potentially and realistically?’

The boy replied, ‘Yes, Sir. Potentially, you and I are sitting on three million dollars. But, realistically, we’re living with two sluts and a queer’.

I got a question . . . How is it that the WR in the 200 is 19.32, which translates to 9.66 over 100 meters, but the fastest 100 meter time ever, with illegal wind, is only 9.68? What am I missing?

[quote]eic wrote:
I got a question . . . How is it that the WR in the 200 is 19.32, which translates to 9.66 over 100 meters, but the fastest 100 meter time ever, with illegal wind, is only 9.68? What am I missing? [/quote]

Chuck Norris did it on his morning stroll.

he’s the fifth guy to go 19.6 in the last two years… 19.32 may not last thru the tribulation after all

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

Dude, Bolt is really young. I don’t think he’ll break it during these Olympics, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he gets it sometime within the next four years. Barring injury or some unforseen complications I think we’re looking at potentially the greatest sprinter of all time. Oh, he’s 6’5" to who asked.

WF, put your money where your mouth is.

What’s this ‘Potentially the greatest sprinter of all time’ BS?

I want Realism, damn it! Are you in or not?

Here’s the difference between the two:

A young boy went up to his father and asked him, “Dad, what is the difference between potentially and realistically?”

The father thought for a moment, then answered, “Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars, and then, ask your brother if he’d sleep with Tom Cruise for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you learn from that.”

So the boy went to his mother and asked, ‘Would you sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars?’ The mother replied, ‘Of course I would! We could really use that money to fix up the house and send you kids to a great University!’

The boy then went to his sister and asked, ‘Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?’ The girl replied, ‘Oh my God! I LOVE Brad Pitt! I would sleep with him in a heartbeat, are you nuts?!?!?’

The boy then went to his brother and asked, ‘Would you sleep with Tom Cruise for a million dollars?’ ‘Of course,’ the brother replied. ‘Do you know how much a million could buy?’

The boy pondered the answers for a few days, then went back to his dad. His father asked him, ‘Did you find out the difference between potentially and realistically?’

The boy replied, ‘Yes, Sir. Potentially, you and I are sitting on three million dollars. But, realistically, we’re living with two sluts and a queer’.

[/quote]

I’m stealing that analogy. We’re looking at a 21 yr old kid who already has the record in the 100 and is considered to be even better in the 200. Like I said, I don’t think he can pull it off this year. But I’ll wager you that tub of Surge that he does it in 2 years barring injury. I’ve been on this site for 4 or so years, so I ain’t going anywhere. You down to lose?

[quote]eic wrote:
I got a question . . . How is it that the WR in the 200 is 19.32, which translates to 9.66 over 100 meters, but the fastest 100 meter time ever, with illegal wind, is only 9.68? What am I missing? [/quote]

The second 100m of the 200 is from a flying start, so it is much faster.

The guy is just a freak beyond anything I’ve ever seen on a track. Look at those fucking legs. His crotch is at the level of Tyson Gay’s head.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
eic wrote:
I got a question . . . How is it that the WR in the 200 is 19.32, which translates to 9.66 over 100 meters, but the fastest 100 meter time ever, with illegal wind, is only 9.68? What am I missing?

[/quote]

Exactly, the second 100m of a sub 20sec 200m is done is less than 9 seconds.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I’m stealing that analogy. We’re looking at a 21 yr old kid who already has the record in the 100 and is considered to be even better in the 200. Like I said, I don’t think he can pull it off this year. But I’ll wager you that tub of Surge that he does it in 2 years barring injury. I’ve been on this site for 4 or so years, so I ain’t going anywhere. You down to lose?[/quote]

WP, do you think I’m retarded? It’s Beijing 2008 or nothing.

Yeah, I can see Usain Bolt setting some phenomenal times, guy is a freak. He’ll break records within next few years, barring injuries. That’s not what the original bet was about though. Again 200m record is 19.32 and it will not be broken in Beijing.

Don’t want to bet ok, let’s play a fill in the blank game instead. Be bold, make your predictions right here:

Beijing 2008 Olympic Games ___________________________.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
I’m stealing that analogy. We’re looking at a 21 yr old kid who already has the record in the 100 and is considered to be even better in the 200. Like I said, I don’t think he can pull it off this year. But I’ll wager you that tub of Surge that he does it in 2 years barring injury. I’ve been on this site for 4 or so years, so I ain’t going anywhere. You down to lose?

WP, do you think I’m retarded? It’s Beijing 2008 or nothing.

Yeah, I can see Usain Bolt setting some phenomenal times, guy is a freak. He’ll break records within next few years, barring injuries. That’s not what the original bet was about though. Again 200m record is 19.32 and it will not be broken in Beijing.

Don’t want to bet ok, let’s play a fill in the blank game instead. Be bold, make your predictions right here:

Beijing 2008 Olympic Games __Bolt takes both the 100 and 200 while blowing the doors off of the competition._________________________.

[/quote]

[quote]saps wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:
eic wrote:

Exactly, the second 100m of a sub 20sec 200m is done is less than 9 seconds.[/quote]

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I was just thinking about the fact that even the elite sprinters start losing speed at around the 60 meter mark of the 100, so I was wondering how they could sustain the speed through the 200. I guess the flying start really makes more of a difference than I thought. Any idea what the fastest split ever is for the second 100 meters of the 200? I bet it is BLAZING!