USAF Banned Substance List

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a copy of the US Air Force Banned Substance List?

I can’t seem to find it anywhere… Including the JAG Office.

This is not an actual list, but it may help.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/l/bldrugtests.htm

Tone

[quote]TONEdef wrote:
This is not an actual list, but it may help.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/l/bldrugtests.htm

Tone[/quote]

Doesn’t really help… Basically all that list said was Narcotics and Steroids…

Thanks, though. =D

I don’t know that there is a list. I think that is for a specific purpose. They can really ban you from just about anything they want.

Obviously, anything illegal is out, but the rest is open to a very broad interpretation of your commander. A lot of this will depend on your job and medical requirements too. I knew a guy who got in a little pinch and was ultimately ordered not to take ephedrine (before the ban).

Now, what do they test for on the random piss tests? I really don’t know, but I have been told they test for all the popular illegals - weed, coke, exctacy, etc. I don’t think they test for type of bodybuilding/strength “aid” when they do random tests. But if you are tested “for cause” or in a command directed test, they can get pretty specific.

Hope this helps

LA - 20+ yrs in the AF, dropped the retirement papers yesterday

I’m not really sure what you’re after then. The table at the bottom even lists the conformation levels of each class of drug in nanograms per mililitre. Is there a specific drug that you’re worried about?

[quote]LA wrote:
I don’t know that there is a list. I think that is for a specific purpose. They can really ban you from just about anything they want.[/quote]

There is a specific list that they use, I just don’t know where to find it. I only know because a guy over at Kadena who is on the bodybuilding team has confirmed that there is a list for me, as well as my supervision… The guy at Kadena says the MedGroup or JAG will have it, but the JAG here didn’t have it.

Ahh well, my search continues. =D

Are you at WP, LA, or somewhere else in Ohio?

For the record, i’m not really worried about anything. I don’t do illegal drugs or steroids or blah blah blah, all that stuff…

The only supplements I take I buy from here - and I take some Vitamins.

Didn’t want anyone to think I was smoking up or something. =D

I don’t remember the exact site (I’ll try to find it later, or maybe someone here will know) but one of the Gov. sites (Dept of state or transportaion or something) has a list of scheduled substances. Those are banned. I’ll see if I can get the link again.

I would appreciate that since no one here on base seems to know. =D

Don’t know what the air force calls it but your SACO (substance abuse councelling Officer) or SACC (sub.abuse councel. center) would know. Try them. I’m still looking for that list for you though.

You should be able to find them here.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/schedules.htm

You know, I never even thought about calling those substance abuse people, haha…

Wow, simply stunning. Thanks. =D

And thanks for that link with the list.

I’m trying to chase this list down myself. Try contacting you HAWC or fitness center on base. I hear something new just came down about andro as well. I’m sure it’s NOT in andro’s favor though. AF IDMT

[quote]AF IDMT wrote:
I’m trying to chase this list down myself. Try contacting you HAWC or fitness center on base. I hear something new just came down about andro as well. I’m sure it’s NOT in andro’s favor though. AF IDMT[/quote]

Not sure what you’re refering to but andro has been a controlled substance for a little while now. Unless maybe they have classified some more stuff as andro (m1t? something like that?)

[quote]big69penisman wrote:
Not sure what you’re refering to but andro has been a controlled substance for a little while now. Unless maybe they have classified some more stuff as andro (m1t? something like that?)[/quote]
Yeah, I knew it was on the list (1998-1999 time frame wasn’t it?) but by coincidence one of my coworkers mentioned something about it today. I haven’t read it yet, but I think it is something along the lines of what you suggest. -AF IDMT