USA Weightlifting Nationals

I made it to Cleveland, Ohio yesterday for some of the USA Weightlifting National Championships.

Special thanks to T Banker for hauling my ass up there, broken leg and all.

Here are some the placings for the 85 kg Mens and 69 kg Womens

85 kg mens
1.Chad Vaughn 335 kg total
2.Innocent Ukpong 335
3.Oscar Chaplan III 332.5

69 kg womens
1.Danica Rue 215 kg total
2.Erin Okonek 205
3.Teresa Gaume 200

I believe a ref announced that Chad and Innocent qualified to lift in the upcoming summer games.

Pics to follow.

at the top

Women can do this to.

Standing tall.

great series pic 1

great series pic 2

great series pic 3

great series pic 4

That’s it for tonight.

I’ll post more tomorrow.

Very nice photo skills Atreides. Is that something you have got more into since you broke your leg?

Ally

cool stuff and good use of the photo technology. laters pk

[quote]ALLY wrote:
Very nice photo skills Atreides. Is that something you have got more into since you broke your leg?

Ally[/quote]

Yes. You could say that.

I got the camera last year to take pics of my son, but I have found it pretty handy to have at meets.

I have to say I am impressed with the power of todays digital cameras.

Some of these athletes were just scarry fast, even at 800 speed film a lot of shots were still blurry.

Locking out.

More weight.

Thanks Atreides, those are some nice shots.
I keep thinking about entering a local competition and this is spurring me onward.

I wonder if he works out…lol

It’s comin’ fast.

Getting low, and trying desperately to save it.

Thanks for the competition news and photos. What do you think happened to Oscar? If I remember right he was breaking junior nationals records. He was going to be our world class hope in OL. It looks like Chad has overtaken him.

[quote]Crow wrote:
Thanks for the competition news and photos. What do you think happened to Oscar? If I remember right he was breaking junior nationals records. He was going to be our world class hope in OL. It looks like Chad has overtaken him.[/quote]

Only because of injury.

Oscar was clearly the stongest at the snatch. Oscar took his opener at 150 -this was Chad’s 3rd attempt. In fact Oscar took his opener when most of the athletes had taken a 3rd attempt.

Even the ref announced Oscar as a prominent Junior a couple years ago. He is 20 now I think.

I think Oscar was injured on his 2nd attempt at clean and jerk(a miss). He was visibly injured on his 3rd.

The announcer even mentioned (what turned out to be 3rd place) as a poor showing for Oscar.