USA USA!

Oh Canada. So many superstars but our goalie is better. Beaten on your home soil. BOOM

Wewt!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That backhand into the empty goal was beautiful.

Damn it feels good to be American. Ryan Miller stood on his head for us in that one, an amazing performance.

Beat 'em at their own game, on their own soil.

USA USA USA!!

I would like to point out.

Ryan Kesler is a beast.

but, Go Canada Go! =)

I wish Canada would have played Luongo, it’s his home ice (basically) and Brodeur is just not cutting it IMO. Although, I’ll admit I’m a huge Luongo fan and have never really been a big fan of Brodeur so I may be a bit biased. Still a good game though, Kesler’s empty netter was a beauty as far as empty netters go.

Fuck you.

Miller was nuts. And how about that dive at the end to chop it in the net to make it 5-3 and secure the win.

It’s a little early to be talking trash. But then again what do Americans know about hockey;) You guys are going to be eliminated by Russia next game and we get another game to build chemistry against the Germans. Things are working out perfectly for team Canada. GO CANADA!

[quote]trevor16 wrote:
It’s a little early to be talking trash. But then again what do Americans know about hockey;) You guys are going to be eliminated by Russia next game and we get another game to build chemistry against the Germans. Things are working out perfectly for team Canada. GO CANADA![/quote]
who’s trash talking?

It was an exciting ending. Lets hope for a rematch.

[quote]trevor16 wrote:
It’s a little early to be talking trash. But then again what do Americans know about hockey;) You guys are going to be eliminated by Russia next game and we get another game to build chemistry against the Germans. Things are working out perfectly for team Canada. GO CANADA![/quote]

I thought canada was likely to play Russia next and we get some cupcake because we’ll probably be #1 seed…

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
It was an exciting ending. Lets hope for a rematch.[/quote]
I’d prefer not to have one. It might get ugly as canada would come out PISSED. Bad news.

US plays winner switzerland vs. belarus bro. We also get the day off after a hard fought win.

Good Chance for a medal.

Canada on the other hand… good chance they’re facing Russia in the quarter final… if they don’t lose to germany :-D. Which means one of those teams is going home without a medal!!! =-0

[quote]Honknasty wrote:

[quote]trevor16 wrote:

I thought canada was likely to play Russia next and we get some cupcake because we’ll probably be #1 seed… [/quote]
First place is locked in unless sweden scores three more in the next minute. I’d say it’s secure by Kipper.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]trevor16 wrote:

I scanned the posts and saw no trash talking at all.

My previous post in particular surely was NOT trash talk. I have spent a lot of time in Canada, live a mile from the Canadian border and have quite a few Canadian friends and I know how big a deal hockey is to you. Just a simple fact, no smack.[/quote]

I’m just joking with you guys…what else can we do but talk a little smack after being beaten? I think I saw you are from Montana so probably have a good deal of hockey knowledge. And don’t get me wrong…one of British Columbia’s most popular NHL players is from the United States (Ryan Kesler). Just trying to gather back a little bit of Canadian pride!

But in all honesty, being the prelims I don’t think Canada is really too concerned at this point. However, if this happens again later in the tournament we will be totally devastated!

I think we play the winner of Swiss/Belarus in QF’s, maybe someone double check that, but they’re the 8-9 game. Canada plays Germany, then Sweden(assuming CA win, cause the Germans are rlybad). If we meet again it will be gold medal game, that would be epic(US will need to beat a good Fin team, Canada will need to beat Sweden and Russia).