US vs Mexico

Borders should not exist in the first place.

Nationalism is a crazy disease.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Borders should not exist in the first place.

Nationalism is a crazy disease.[/quote]

If you lived in a border state, you might think otherwise.

Want to know what happens?..A $29 Billion deficit, FOR A STATE, not a country! Remember that bullshit we saw in Wisconsin with the Unions protesting? That was over $3 Billion. This Friday, taxes go down because people are sick and fucking tired of it here. Unions have threatened every legislator who voted not to extend taxes. We have a statewide bill going though Congress to unionize illegal alien farm workers.

The governor called the CA Republicans filibustering the tax extension “morons.” Not a Union representative, but the actual governor. I love it.

No lift my taxmoney feeds them and if you lived in illegal immigrant neighborhood you would know. It pays for there meidcare for there braces for there food. While they laugh and point at us and I have cousins and friends who do this.
The point is national pride my friends. When in Rome do as the Romans.

The problem as I see it is the welfare state not immigration.

Its both my friend. Combined its a great weapon for the democrats.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
No lift my taxmoney feeds them and if you lived in illegal immigrant neighborhood you would know. It pays for there meidcare for there braces for there food. While they laugh and point at us and I have cousins and friends who do this.
The point is national pride my friends. When in Rome do as the Romans. [/quote]

Laugh and point give me a break.

My family + extended family has never taken any type of hand out, stop making it seem like every latino does this. Your example just proves your family and friends are assholes.

Agreed. I don’t know too many immigrants that use welfare.

They cram all their extended family members into what most Americans would consider small starter homes and they share resources but most of them (especially the illegal ones) are not living on the dole.

What’s more is they actually still save and end up becoming members of the owner class.

It is those indoctrinated into the system that tend to take advantage of it.

I have no complaints about the coverage. I’m pretty sure Univision bought the rights to the CONCACAF gold cup, so even though some of the games were played in the states, they were televised and commented on in Spanish. That’s just business, not politics.

I expected it to be overwhelmingly Mexican fans. I went to a USA Mexico friendly in Houston a few years back and it was roughly 95% green jerseys.

I really don’t care who they root for, but I do see your concern over their unwillingness to support a nation that gives them so many opportunities. It ties into the trend of Mexican immigrants coming to this country with no intentions of assimilating.

I would rather be critical of them not gaining legal citizenship or not learning English before I harrass them about rooting for the US soccer team.

They should be forced to watch and actively support US soccer as a punishment for serious offenses, as an alternative to hard time in the pen.

Anyone that thinks that a culture will assimilate into another culture within the same generation is being completely unrealistic.

Imagine you had to flee the US for political or economic reasons. Would you completely give up your identity as an American so easily? Would you stop speaking English and insist that your children also stop speaking English? I seriously doubt it. You grandchildren will be the first to completely forget your American culture.

Assimilation typically comes with the following generations and these are the people who might be the drain on welfare, not the first generation.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Anyone that thinks that a culture will assimilate into another culture within the same generation is being completely unrealistic.

Imagine you had to flee the US for political or economic reasons. Would you completely give up your identity as an American so easily? Would you stop speaking English and insist that your children also stop speaking English? I seriously doubt it. You grandchildren will be the first to completely forget your American culture.

Assimilation typically comes with the following generations and these are the people who might be the drain on welfare, not the first generation.[/quote]

Exactly.

26 arrests after the game. Niiiiiicceee.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
26 arrests after the game. Niiiiiicceee.[/quote]

Because we all know the coppers never overstep their authority…

:confused:

The only thing I had a real problem with was the overwhelming booing of the U.S. National Anthem…it was fucking disgusting.

That and all the objects thrown at U.S. Keeper Tim Howard…oh and the fact that the entire postgame program was conducted in SPANISH.

To put it in context, if the game was held in mexico city and the U.S. had won…would the mexican PA have conducted the victory program in ENGLISH?

This was disgusting…

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
The only thing I had a real problem with was the overwhelming booing of the U.S. National Anthem…it was fucking disgusting.

That and all the objects thrown at U.S. Keeper Tim Howard…oh and the fact that the entire postgame program was conducted in SPANISH.

To put it in context, if the game was held in mexico city and the U.S. had won…would the mexican PA have conducted the victory program in ENGLISH?

This was disgusting…[/quote]

You didn’t get to hear the word “puto” shouted everytime goal keeper Tim Howard would kick the ball for a goal kick. In case you didn’t know, puto means asshole in spanish.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

You didn’t get to hear the word “puto” shouted everytime goal keeper Tim Howard would kick the ball for a goal kick. In case you didn’t know, puto means asshole in spanish.

[/quote]

Not surprised, and expected of mexican fans…but to boo the national anthem of the country that lets them suck the tit, while their own country goes down the shitter…is pretty ballsy.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[/quote]

Its soccer.

Your gay ass holigans dont impress me one bit.

Was there fire?

Firecrackers fired on the opposite team?

Did even one single building burn?

Were there at least some fisticuffs?

Noooo, Mexicans said bad, bad things to opposite goalie…

In Spanish !!!

Meh.

^^^^

Hooligans