US to Attack Iran End of March

[quote]Brown_Sugar wrote:
Methinks that most of these people who pro Bush/Pro War should sign up for joining the army - infantry and combat unit.

They need people like ya’ll. [/quote]

1. Funny how it’s automatic pro-Bush/pro-war. Can’t someone be pro-Bush/anti-war or vice versa? I’d describe myself as just pro-war. Depending on Bush’s plans for war, I might be pro-Bush in that regard too. The pro-Bush/not serving association is pretty funny as well.

2. Since we’re talking in generalities and absolutes, if you’re pro-war, you’re anti-Iranian armament, and if you’re anti-war, you’re pro-Iranian armament. Are you really pro-Iranian armament?

3. From what I understand, (I admit I’ve never commanded, but given the circumstances, I don’t think any of us can claim to), large masses of infantry is largely ineffective in a country that you don’t intend to invade or overthrow, has or is developing and is willing to use nuclear weapons, and would represent a division across two fronts.

[quote]horny yoda wrote:
You think I’m joking?

People thought I was joking when I said 9/11 was going to be used to take away many of our most basic rights.

People thought I was joking when I said (TWICE!!) that George Bush wasn’t really elected. Even though it was ON THE NEWS.

People thought I was joking when I said we were going to attack Iran eventually, too.

I’m quite a joker, I guess. All of my jokes keep coming true.

Ijust wish they were the funny kind of joke, not the “loads of poor starving civilians being slaughtered and violated” kind of jokes…

Laughin’ til I’m cryin’…[/quote]

Well thank you Nostradumbass. Glad you were here to predict all of it for us. Start predicting something not so obvious like scores of ball games so we can start making bets.

The cost of a war with Iran, 45 billion, the penalty for standing pat could be several billion, keeping them on the edge of their seats and scared shitless 24/7…priceless.

Conspiracy theorists like the author of this article (and the original poster by comparison…?) really crack me up.

Why would the date of an invasion be announced? How fucking stupid is that? If we were going to invade, we would want as much of the element of surprise on our side as possible.

Second, the cost of a war cannot be known. It can be estimated.

Since when has the world thanked us for military action?

And, of course, there’s the shadowy organization that directs world policy.

As for Iran… well, screw 'em anyway.

Gullible idiots.

[quote]horny yoda wrote:
JMUdude509 wrote:
We just have to see how this situation plays out before we are able to make any judgements. However, if this story is accurate and its predictions are correct then we can plan on more outrageous “war on terror” bullshit. All we can do for now is just watch and wait as this story develpos.

the problem with that is it is EXACTLY what the average german civilian did before and during WWII. they “watched and waited while the story developed” and when it was all over the ENTIRE WORLD blamed the german populace and made the german populace suffer.

it is WE AMERICAN CIVILIANS the world will blame for this in the end.

Oh, SURE, some of our “ALLIES” will say ‘George Bush did it, not the American people…’… but that’s only our allies, and only SOME of them…

the people who already didn’t much like us (let me tell you - that is most of the world) will blame US.

You think I’m joking?

People thought I was joking when I said 9/11 was going to be used to take away many of our most basic rights.

People thought I was joking when I said (TWICE!!) that George Bush wasn’t really elected. Even though it was ON THE NEWS.

People thought I was joking when I said we were going to attack Iran eventually, too.

Ijust wish they were the funny kind of joke, not the “loads of poor starving civilians being slaughtered and violated” kind of jokes…

Laughin’ til I’m cryin’…[/quote]

You sir, are a complete jackass.

Maybe you should start a 1-900 number.

I just asked for March 28 off so I could sit at home and watch the Shock and Awe live on CNN.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I just asked for March 28 off so I could sit at home and watch the Shock and Awe live on CNN.

[/quote]

I laugh on you!

Does that mean that we’ll eventually be able to pay less for women with excessive arm hair?

If there is going to be an attack, somehow I don’t think they would announce it on the radio.

[quote]dukefan4ever wrote:
If there is going to be an attack, somehow I don’t think they would announce it on the radio.
[/quote]

No no, thats the new strategeum, tell them you’ll attack on the 28th, and spring the invasion on the 29th…they would never expect it.

I find it amusing that a country that blatantly tells the world they’re producing the materials to make nuclear weapons gets referred to the UN Security Council. Iraq on the other hand, “possessed” WMDs and was invaded. Ah, how I enjoy politics.

But seriously folks, read a couple of news articles around the issue. The UN Security Council will put sanctions on Iran likely. Take away visas for sports teams, and at the extreme put some embargos on their oil (God forbid of course).

I have a feeling that the US Armed Forces have learned a great deal from Iraq. Attacking a country filled with fundementalist Islamic types might not go so well. Even if the Allies were able to crush the Islamic Rebublic’s forces (well within the capabilities of the Allies I’m sure) they’d be searching for the nuclear producing facilities for years.

Israel simply bombed out Iraq’s reactor back in the 90’s. If they were able to find Iran’s I’m sure they’d do the same thing. but Iran isn’t stupid, and learned to scatter their facilities. Articles claim that it would take hundreds of sorties to put a significant dent in the program. On top of that, a quick examination of the political situation suggests that there isn’t exactly a potential “positive” regime change. Not even people willing to take the reins like there were in Iraq. So what options are left? Very few.

I would be amazed to see an invasion or any sort of military intervention in the coming year. But I suppose we’ve all been suprised before.

[quote]PantyPeePunch wrote:
Does that mean that we’ll eventually be able to pay less for women with excessive arm hair?[/quote]

stereotype much?

Are stereotypes not born from reality?

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Judas wrote:
Man its Iraq all over again :frowning:
Im getting sick on this world and the shit the USA is doing im going to go and live in a cave for a while, find a good woman, a good cave and just chill for about 10-20 years, and prey every day that the USA stops attacking people.

If you see it from Iran’s side i can see why they want nukes cos there is some crazy invading country at its door step killing its next door neighbour, shit i would want as many nukes as i could if i was them.

Its not like there going to use them it would just put them at the level of India and pakistan and such so they can say hey get out of my face and people will listern and leave them alone.

And im sure we will be hearing about a million news storys about how bad a country Iran is and rar rar rar they need freedom rar rar rar they are evil and we are good rar rar rar same as the Iraq properganda

:frowning: NOT HAPPY MR BUSH NOT HAPPY !!!

You’re kidding right? It’s not like they’re going to use them? A country whose leader is calling for the destruction of Israel and who claims it’s nuclear program is not for warheads (even though they keep trying to enrich uranium)?

Hilarious. Most of the world is worried about Iran having nuclear weapons, but somehow this is now just a U.S. conspiracy.

Methinks Judas should be fitted for tinfoil on his dome.[/quote]

Yeah just because they say they dont want israil to exist doesnt mean there going to nuke them. Israil has nukes as well and they know it, i know alot of people who think israil should not be allowed to be where it is, its not a fanatical unheard of idea its just a political statement. Im more worried about the USA having nukes than any other country cept maybe China.

Yeah how very mature mmm tinfoil thats a good one ha…ha…ha very funny…oh my god thats funny im on the floor laughing … you should do stand up… serouisly you are that good :slight_smile:

[quote]bosox4L wrote:
Kuz wrote:
Judas wrote:
You’re kidding right? It’s not like they’re going to use them? A country whose leader is calling for the destruction of Israel and who claims it’s nuclear program is not for warheads (even though they keep trying to enrich uranium)?

Hilarious. Most of the world is worried about Iran having nuclear weapons, but somehow this is now just a U.S. conspiracy.

Methinks Judas should be fitted for tinfoil on his dome.

I agree with you Kuz, if you think Iran is not going to use nuclear weapons you’re dreaming.[/quote]

Looks like the brain washing has begun,
and they would use nukes with out a doubt cos there totally insane crazy islamic terroists who hate freedom and want to kill rabbits and small children right ???

Get the hell out of here with you brain washed bullshit there just people who feel threatend and ANY ONE can see why !
Chuck throw another stake on the bbq and slap sherley for me will you i think where almost done here gaaa heerrt

You can’t take Vladimir Zhirinovsky too seriously. That said, I’m getting a bit worried. For one thing, we absolutely can’t spare the troops, although I could see them marching east as part of a larger campaign.

There’s no way we’re doing this one alone, but I have a hard time seeing the world community’s collective leaders all getting their heads out of their asses.

[quote]zarathus wrote:

There’s no way we’re doing this one alone, but I have a hard time seeing the world community’s collective leaders all getting their heads out of their asses.[/quote]

The UN already proved they were impotent. Had they actually put their foot down when Saddam thumbed his nose at them, there wouldn’t have been all of this controversy over the Iraq affair. WMDs or not, he was blocking inspections. The UN should have taken control of the situation. The US never should have been in a situation to consider doing what we did.

I have a feeling that the UN will be just as impotent in the Iran situation. Due to the backlash from the Iraq operation, the US will probably hesitate to take control. Obviously no-one else will try to step in. Probably nothing will be done untill it is too late and Iran will have detonated a nuclear weapon (most likely in Israel). I’m sure, at that point, there will also be fingers pointed at the US and questioning why they did nothing- go figure.

[quote]drilldaddy_99 wrote:
horny yoda wrote:
You think I’m joking?

Laughin’ til I’m cryin’…

Well thank you Nostradumbass. Glad you were here to predict all of it for us. Start predicting something not so obvious like scores of ball games so we can start making bets. [/quote]

I wouldn’t even give him Nostradumbass status (maybe just dumbass), Nostradamus actually predicted things, wrote it down and is, in myth at least, correct. From horny yoda I see three things; One prediction that is debatably correct (if the Patriot Act doesn’t get renewed, I’d say he’s DEFINITELY wrong.) One prediction yet to be proven, and a piece of wisdom that a fortune-cookie maker would be disgusted by. Hardly a talented psychic by any means, makes Miss Cleo look gifted.

[quote]mica617 wrote:
zarathus wrote:

There’s no way we’re doing this one alone, but I have a hard time seeing the world community’s collective leaders all getting their heads out of their asses.

The UN already proved they were impotent. Had they actually put their foot down when Saddam thumbed his nose at them, there wouldn’t have been all of this controversy over the Iraq affair. WMDs or not, he was blocking inspections. The UN should have taken control of the situation. The US never should have been in a situation to consider doing what we did.

I have a feeling that the UN will be just as impotent in the Iran situation. Due to the backlash from the Iraq operation, the US will probably hesitate to take control. Obviously no-one else will try to step in. Probably nothing will be done untill it is too late and Iran will have detonated a nuclear weapon (most likely in Israel). I’m sure, at that point, there will also be fingers pointed at the US and questioning why they did nothing- go figure.[/quote]

Given the bombastic nature of the country in question I could even see the US getting blamed for eliciting/escalating the issue to nuclear status.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

To compare the actions of the US with the actions of Nazi Germany is the height of idiocy.[/quote]

The actions of the USA are exactly what the actions of Nazi Germany was as far as propoganda goes (not intention).

Hitler wasn’t going around telling everyone “hey, we’re going to attack the world! unprovoked!” … when they attacked Poland, they told the people of Germany that the Polish opened fire on the Germans. How the heck would the average German know any different? And dissenters were locked up doesn’t hurt.

Personally I don’t know why Iran doesn’t just buy some nukes. Why do they want to build their own? waste of time.

“The UN Security Council will put sanctions on Iran likely”

China. Russia. Veto. No sanctions.

[quote]Judas wrote:

Chuck throw another stake on the bbq and slap sherley for me will you i think where almost done here gaaa heerrt[/quote]

What the hell is this guy talking about?