US Pull Out of Chicago

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

Did I say he was my hero?[/quote]

Yes in this post back in October:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

We all need hero’s in our lives and Christoph Waltz fills that void for me.[/quote]

[/quote]

Cool that you attribute false quotes to posters you can’t hang with ZEB. See how easy that was? The other conservatives on this board bring facts, logic, reason. You? Not so much.[/quote]

Well, to tell you the truth my respect for you has diminished greatly since your bazaar behavior on another thread. And the many things that you have said that you seem to later deny.

I look at you as a 20 something know it all who likes to split hairs only when he sees it helping his point. Around here that will burn you in the end kid.

But I will mock you now and then, this is way more fun than say TV, which by the way the left has pretty much ruined.

I wish you could go get me a beer right now.

Oh well make fun of you later…bye

:slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

We all need hero’s in our lives and Christoph Waltz fills that void for me.[/quote]

[/quote]

Cool that you attribute false quotes to posters you can’t hang with ZEB. See how easy that was? The other conservatives on this board bring facts, logic, reason. You? Not so much.[/quote]

Well, to tell you the truth my respect for you has diminished greatly since your bazaar behavior on another thread. And the many things that you have said that you seem to later deny.

I look at you as a 20 something know it all who likes to split hairs only when he sees it helping his point. Around here that will burn you in the end kid.

But I will mock you now and then, this is way more fun than say TV, which by the way the left has pretty much ruined.

[/quote]

You resort to personal attacks and revisionism when you can’t win an argument. This is why you have next to zero credibility on this forum. I’m not going to waste my time engaging you unless you are willing to actually discuss the issue at hand without falling back to ad hominems.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

Did I say he was my hero? [/quote]

Translation : not hating Obama and believing all that FAUX news tells you
[/quote]

Did I say that I believed everything FOX News reported?

I read the following somewhere and it applies to you:

“Presumptions are a tool of the weaker intellect”[/quote]

No but you repeat and endorse it all . Answer me this , what nutjobery that FAUX reported that you said , this is ridiculous ?

[/quote]

I don’t get it, pitt. Sometimes, you write posts that are not only decently composed, but also offer some modestly thought & perspective.

Then you have bits like the last sentence of the above post, which come across like you’re either typing with your elbows, or you’re letting some kind of computerized random word generator make your posts.

What gives?

So much lol in this thread. This one’s a winner!

And I’ve also wondered what Elegua has.

BTW, what’s Elegua mean if you don’t mind me asking?

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[/quote]

No but you repeat and endorse it all . Answer me this , what nutjobery that FAUX reported that you said , this is ridiculous ?

[/quote]

I don’t get it, pitt. Sometimes, you write posts that are not only decently composed, but also offer some modestly thought & perspective.

Then you have bits like the last sentence of the above post, which come across like you’re either typing with your elbows, or you’re letting some kind of computerized random word generator make your posts.

What gives?
[/quote]

Guilty , I am typing with my penis . Sorry you don’t follow Zebs Very Republican posts . In my defense.

In my defense , I like to quote Benjamin Franklin or Mark Twain or the hundreds of people accused of this quote that does not fit.“If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.” :slight_smile:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

We all need hero’s in our lives and Obama fills that void for me.[/quote]

[/quote]

Huh? Leg…this kinda makes it look like ZEB did in fact attribute a false quote to you because he has no coherent argument, only demagoguery…care to comment?[/quote]

This is self-evident…

[/quote]

If you did not say it, fine…I was just asking for some clarification.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You resort to personal attacks and revisionism when you can’t win an argument. This is why you have next to zero credibility on this forum. I’m not going to waste my time engaging you unless you are willing to actually discuss the issue at hand without falling back to ad hominems. [/quote]

Yeah, I like personal attacks when they fit the circumstances. And this is one where it fits nicely. You are a little punk who things he’s smart. But for some reason you can’t get out of the mess that you created for yourself in that other thread on Ambassadors. So…you’re not so smart after all are you?

As for credibility around here, (not that I care) if we took a vote right now I would beat you hands down.

Mock you later Skippy.

ZEB

It’s bad here.

Holy shit where is all the rape happening?

[quote]Legionary wrote:

Great post. The government of the most powerful nation in the history of the world surely doesn’t have any need to employ the most incredibly brilliant, qualified, or experienced individuals does it?[/quote]

As someone who has done work for the government at the State level, they most certainly are not looking for the most incredibly brilliant, qualified, or experienced individuals. I’m sure it’s even worse working for the Fed.

Here’s what I’ve learned:

Rule #1 is and always has been: don’t rock the boat. That great idea you have? Keep it to yourself. Nobody wants change, nobody wants to work an iota harder than necessary, and no one wants you to make them look bad by doing more.
Rule #2: don’t break Rule #1.
Rule #3: Dot your i’s and cross your t’s. Even when projects come down to the wire, you better have all the documentation ready. If that means take a year to asses the scope of a project, so be it.
Rule #4: Don’t step on toes. Don’t do anyone else’s job. Don’t even think about doing anything that might make anyone else look bad.
Rule #5: Get signoff. Whether it’s for a tech doc, implementation plan, design plan, hours, bathroom break, you’d better have a signature authorizing it.

Nobody with any passion for their work should want to work for the government. It’s soul sucking bureaucracy at its finest.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

Great post. The government of the most powerful nation in the history of the world surely doesn’t have any need to employ the most incredibly brilliant, qualified, or experienced individuals does it?[/quote]

As someone who has done work for the government at the State level, they most certainly are not looking for the most incredibly brilliant, qualified, or experienced individuals. I’m sure it’s even worse working for the Fed.

Rule #1 is and always has been: don’t rock the boat. That great idea you have? Keep it to yourself. Nobody wants change, nobody wants to work an iota harder than necessary, and no one wants you to make them look bad by doing more.
Rule #3: Dot your i’s and cross your t’s. Even when projects come down to the wire, you better have all the documentation ready. If that means take a year to asses the scope of a project, so be it.
Rule #4: Don’t step on toes. Don’t do anyone else’s job. Don’t even think about doing anything that might make anyone else look bad.
Rule #5: Get signoff. Whether it’s for a tech doc, implementation plan, design plan, hours, bathroom break, you’d better have a signature authorizing it.

Nobody with any passion for their work should want to work for the government. It’s soul sucking bureaucracy at its finest.[/quote]

That sounds so sad… I don’t know but I hope it’s not all gov. jobs that are like that.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

Nobody with any passion for their work should want to work for the government. It’s soul sucking bureaucracy at its finest.[/quote]

I have been self employed for close to 30 years in Property Management , you can apply those same rules

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

What gives?
[/quote]

Guilty , I am typing with my penis . Sorry you don’t follow Zebs Very Republican posts . In my defense.

In my defense , I like to quote Benjamin Franklin or Mark Twain or the hundreds of people accused of this quote that does not fit.“If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.” :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I guess they can’t all be winners.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

That sounds so sad… I don’t know but I hope it’s not all gov. jobs that are like that. [/quote]

There’s definitely a lot of politics in government jobs. My stepdad works for the state and a local university didn’t expect him to actually do his job when inspecting one of their facilities, they thought he would let violations slide to make things easier on him. He got chewed out because of it. I thought it’s interesting when he told me a superior said “It’s better to go over budget than under budget. You go under budget and they start expecting it all of the time.”.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

BINGO!

A breeding ground for mediocrity.

[quote]b89 wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

That sounds so sad… I don’t know but I hope it’s not all gov. jobs that are like that. [/quote]

There’s definitely a lot of politics in government jobs. My stepdad works for the state and a local university didn’t expect him to actually do his job when inspecting one of their facilities, they thought he would let violations slide to make things easier on him. He got chewed out because of it. I thought it’s interesting when he told me a superior said “It’s better to go over budget than under budget. You go under budget and they start expecting it all of the time.”.
[/quote]

You don’t go over budget and they think you’re not doing your job.

I will say they were thorough though. They did not let things slide. Any issues that came up had to be addressed and noted in the final analysis.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

I have been self employed for close to 30 years in Property Management , you can apply those same rules
[/quote]

Then that’s an environment you developed at your company. I’ve worked for a fair number of companies. Some are like that, others not. I have not seen pencil pushing and gross mediocrity like I did working for the State though.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[/quote]

Then that’s an environment you developed at your company. I’ve worked for a fair number of companies. Some are like that, others not. I have not seen pencil pushing and gross mediocrity like I did working for the State though.
[/quote]

No i did not develop any such thing . I do not know if you have been a vendor for Corporations . There are advantages and disadvantages . Vendors fit into a niche , if you don’t you will not be a vendor .

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

By the way I really like your avatar , what do you call that kind of program ?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[/quote]

No i did not develop any such thing . I do not know if you have been a vendor for Corporations . There are advantages and disadvantages . Vendors fit into a niche , if you don’t you will not be a vendor .
[/quote]

I don’t understand what you mean by Vendors fit into a niche. Vendors fill a niche? I’m talking about working the corporate world.