US Opposes G8 Climate Proposals

Hey, don’t include me, I’m just clarifying!

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I simply believe the US will pioneer methods (or perfect the application of) that will achieve similar standards without unduly bogging down our industry.[/quote]

We’re commenting on the fact that you’re so naive. “I live in the United States of America the only real country in the world.”

That’s the tone you write with.

It doesn’t work that way. Get out of your little bubble.

And about the original discussion, look towards Japan. They always come with feats of engineering. Where do you think the hybrid car was started form?

Here’s a hint: Ford didn’t do it first (or better) even though they also produce one.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
we could look at an older alternative, Nuclear Energy[/quote]

Nuclear is not feasible. Not with the traditional Uranium. There’s a limited supply.

[quote]unbending wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I simply believe the US will pioneer methods (or perfect the application of) that will achieve similar standards without unduly bogging down our industry.

We’re commenting on the fact that you’re so naive. “I live in the United States of America the only real country in the world.”

And about the original discussion, look towards Japan. They always come with feats of engineering. Where do you think the hybrid car was started form?

Here’s a hint: Ford didn’t do it first (or better) even though they also produce one.[/quote]

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/06/hybrid_inventor_1.php

Hug a tree in memory of Dr. Victor Wouk, who died last month. In 1971 Dr. Wouk received an EPA grant to develop a hybrid car, along with a promise to fund a larger project if it met spec.

Dr. Wouk had decided years earlier that all-electric cars were impractical because of the size of the batteries and had been looking for alternatives. He replaced the V-8 in a Buick Skylark with a Mazda rotary engine, electric motors, batteries and regenerative brakes. It met the strictest emission standards, got 30 MPG and hit 85 MPH.

For reasons never explained, the EPA declined to follow through and only one was built. When the Prius came out in the states in 2001, Dr. Wouk proudly got one of the first.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
My take. The US will invent the most efficient and effective means to achieve the same goals. Then, we’ll sell it to nations who’ve over-burdened their economies with standards many could not achieve. [/quote]

That ain’t gonna happen until you privatize air, trees, rivers and all of nature.

Don’t worry, you’re getting there…

That’s nice Zap… but it never fell through.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
My take. The US will invent the most efficient and effective means to achieve the same goals. Then, we’ll sell it to nations who’ve over-burdened their economies with standards many could not achieve.

That ain’t gonna happen until you privatize air, trees, rivers and all of nature.

Don’t worry, you’re getting there…[/quote]

lixy… you’re even stupider than Sloth. That’s a skill.

Please Shut The Fuck Up. Thank you.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I think you do not have a clue as to why the rain forests are being slashed and burned.[/quote]

To grow soy for ADM to sell to Europe.

[quote]unbending wrote:
That’s nice Zap… but it never fell through.[/quote]

But it was invented at an American University and paid for by the American government.

The fact no one wanted to build it because it was not worth it at the time is beside the point.

You claimed it was invented in Japan. It was invented in America.

Toyota produced units for sale using American developed technology which is exactly what the earlier poster said would happen with the next great technology.

[quote]unbending wrote:

And about the original discussion, look towards Japan.[/quote]

So, sign the protocol and then fail to meet any of the claimed goals? Good thing they “invented” the hybrid.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I think you do not have a clue as to why the rain forests are being slashed and burned.

To grow soy for ADM to sell to Europe.[/quote]

That is a far larger reason than harvesting tropical hardwoods.

Use of tropical hardwood has been banned in many places and it has not slowed the destruction of the rainforests.

[quote]unbending wrote:
lixy… you’re even stupider than Sloth. That’s a skill. [/quote]

Try not to call others stupid. That’s nowhere near constructive discussion.

A true capitalist system is one where nature is ultimately commoditized. The issue of dealing with pollution by claiming ownership of air was not only proposed, but is seriously considered.

Lead.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Once more, the US is totally isolated by rejecting international consensus.

[/quote]

The great often stand alone.

Who gives a rat’s ass about what others think? If we can’t trust our own judgment, then who’s judgment SHOULD we trust? And what do we use to judge who’s advice to follow? Our own judgment…?

[quote]vroom wrote:
I’m thinking a refresher on who exactly is in the G8 is needed for some of you folks.
[i]
Which countries make up the G8?

The G8 is made up of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States.[/i]

Any more brilliant questions?

Unfortunately, the Harper government has been trying to lip sync inself to the policies of the US. Canada doesn’t generally stray too far from the US, but it’s much more noticeable when we have our own conservatives in the house.[/quote]

If you had a bigger, stronger, and smarter brother (and he’s benevolent as well) wouldn’t it be GOOD to pretty much follow his lead?

(Except when the bigger brother wants to liberate shitholes like Belgium.)

[quote]unbending wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I simply believe the US will pioneer methods (or perfect the application of) that will achieve similar standards without unduly bogging down our industry.

[/quote]

The United States of America IS the best country in the world. Sorry if that bruises your pathetic little egos, with your penis envy to boot.

[quote]unbending wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Here’s a hint: Ford didn’t do it first (or better) even though they also produce one.[/quote]

Ok, you’re off the deep end here. You act as if I slapped your sister in the mouth, or something. Is optimism and confidence in my nation’s ingenuity really this offensive to you?

[quote]unbending wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
My take. The US will invent the most efficient and effective means to achieve the same goals. Then, we’ll sell it to nations who’ve over-burdened their economies with standards many could not achieve.

Don’t worry, you’re getting there…

lixy… you’re even stupider than Sloth. That’s a skill.

Please Shut The Fuck Up. Thank you.
[/quote]

Take it easy, Francis. I doubt anyone is impressed with your internet warrior attitude. Chill out and don’t get so worked up over someone’s optimistic attitude.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The United States of America IS the best country in the world.
[/quote]
In terms of what? Everything? To be the best we have to be the best at EVERYTHING. We are not. No country can hold that claim.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Take it easy, Francis.[/quote]

Whatever you say Doris.

[quote]
I doubt anyone is impressed with your internet warrior attitude.[/quote]

You think I care? Whether you or anyone else is impressed or not?

You’re reading a little too much into nothing.

[quote]
Chill out and don’t get so worked up over someone’s optimistic attitude.[/quote]

Who says I’m worked up? As I type I am perfectly relaxed. They’re just words. Again, you read into things that don’t exist.

Try again.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Is optimism and confidence in my nation’s ingenuity really this offensive to you?
[/quote]

No. But your arrogance is.