US Media Over Reaction on Steroids!

you guys are treating pilates the same way feminists treat the word testosterone, chill.

[quote]cadav wrote:
to me (from italian law point of view…) this is a big example of libel…
[/quote]

Small correction, cadav: slander. Slander is spoken, libel is written.

Penso che “slander” e “libel” abbiano la stessa parola in italiano: diffamazione. Ma in inglese, “slander” ? parlato, e “libel” ? scritto.

The responses of “sue him for libel” is as bad of an overreaction as the coaches statement that the kid is on steroids. And since when are high school football coaches known to be politically correct?

When I was in high school, my coach challenged the whole team to a fight one time. And I was kicked on more than one occasion. I didn’t whine about it and neither did my dad. My dad sure as hell didn’t rent an apartment across town so I could play at a different school.
He has balls and taught me to toughen up, even when someone’s life isn’t full of dandelions and candy.

A coach wanting to “fight” a bunch of kids isnt the same as turning a football team and parents against one player because of ignorant asumptions are completly diffrent! Comparing your “fight” to a coach telling a team & parents that he thinks “this” kids is on steriods isnt even on the same page!

Singling out a child and publicly accusing him or her of an illegal activity, without proof, is reprehensible and should be punished.

[quote]travis7 wrote:
When I was in high school, my coach challenged the whole team to a fight one time.
[/quote]

And you took this to mean that he just wanted to beat you all up? You didn’t take it as a challenge to try harder? I hope no one ever uses that “raining cats and dogs” phrase around you or asks you, “what’s up?”

kill his dog and stuff it in there mailbox. and spray paint pilates is for bitches all over his stuff

Man, that sucks! To the OP, I hope you get some good results and this asswipe of a coach gets his ass handed to him.

As far as training goes, I hope this is an isolated incident. I posted the following (below, in italics) on another board several months ago. Slightly off topic, but I think it illustates how inept high school coaches tend to be when it comes to proper weight training. My experience was 16-17 years ago, and according to your post, it doesn’t seem to have gotten any better.

Oh, and if my coach had ever kicked me or challenged me to a fight, I would have ripped his fat tits off and fed them to him.

[i]I had hoped it had gotten better since my bygone football days in high school. My football coach knew two things about weight training; Jack and shit and Jack had left town.

Our pre-season weight room routine was as follows (I am not making this up):

Flat barbell bench
Incline barbell bench
Squats
Sled

That’s it! No pulling exercises whatsoever! When he was first explaining this routine to us he said something like, “guys always ask me why we don’t do curls. I’ll tell ya why; name one thing you do on the football field where you do this” (makes motion with his arms like he is curling). Being the only one with any balls, a clue, or both, I spoke up and said, “digging under a guy’s shoulder pads to move him off the line” and showed him the motion I was talking about. The fat slob said “naaahhh…”, and waved me off but I saw a lot of the seniors (I was a young junior that had been jv 1st string O line the year before and had just moved up to varsity) looking puzzled. It looked like they were thinking, “yeah, he’s got a point, what about that?” but none of them had the nads to say anything. It was then that I started to realize that I was a little too much of a free thinker for team sports.

For this routine, groups would work at each station for a certain period of time and then the groups would switch. When you weren’t lifting or spotting, you needed to be jumping rope between sets. This was Mon., Wed., Fri.! All it ever got me was a screwed up lower back for the rest of my life.

Unfortunately, even though the exercises are different, it seems like you are stuck in the same overtraining nonsense that I was. And like Traz pointed out, most coaches are ego-driven nimrods that see questions as insubordination, and most will be quick to remind you that football is not a democracy or blow it up into a “you think you know more than me?” kind of conflict; it’s lose/lose no matter how non-threatening you try to couch it.

But then, who knows? I don’t know your coach, and maybe he is that shining 1/10th of 1% exception to the football coach stereotype that doesn’t think that the end-all of sports/training knowledge is whatever homespun nonsense he learned while playing highschool football (if eating turf after practice was good enough for me, it’s good enough for you!).[/i]

tough break, unfortunatly situations are occuring more and more often these days.

and that was an exellent point on the "slander issue, and some serious consequences could arise for mr. coach.

any how make sure your son knocks someones head off when the schools meet

If that team is doing Pilates, they won’t win a single game. Better for your son to go to another team with a chance of winning LIKE A MAN.

As to the Steroids thing… education is the best prescription. Go to the Board with your son’s clean doctors note, his training routine that made him stronger, faster and bigger, and suggest that your school need someone competent in charge of the athletic department.

Morons.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Penso che “slander” e “libel” abbiano la stessa parola in italiano: diffamazione. Ma in inglese, “slander” ? parlato, e “libel” ? scritto.[/quote]

I hate when Nephorm gets all liquored up and starts in with his Italian. That means he’s just a skip and a jump away from sitting in his wndow naked, eating gelatos.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Singling out a child and publicly accusing him or her of an illegal activity, without proof, is reprehensible and should be punished.[/quote]

A child? That should be the case for any situation and any person.

But you’re right, thats one stupid ass coach.

[quote]travis7 wrote:
The responses of “sue him for libel” is as bad of an overreaction as the coaches statement that the kid is on steroids. And since when are high school football coaches known to be politically correct?

When I was in high school, my coach challenged the whole team to a fight one time. And I was kicked on more than one occasion. I didn’t whine about it and neither did my dad. My dad sure as hell didn’t rent an apartment across town so I could play at a different school.
He has balls and taught me to toughen up, even when someone’s life isn’t full of dandelions and candy.[/quote]

There are certain times where taking it like a man is the only thing to do but over a period of time all that adds up to is mindless zombie’s who don’t question anything. This world and our civilization wasn’t forged by men who sat back down and kept quiet when everyone including their former football coach told them the Earth is flat. If everyone nods their heads like good little puppets and stands up for nothing then you have the current situation in the US.

Actual quote from 1490.

“Chris man give it up there’s no “New World” out there”

“Fuck all you bitches. I’ll be back in 4 years with proof then ya’ll can suck my dick.”

Sails away

A public apology is definitely in order. If that was my son I wouldn’t stop harrassing the board until the whole school was called into the gym and the coach stood up and announces what a dumbass he is and apologizes. One public humiliation for another, sounds fair to me.

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:
A public apology is definitely in order. If that was my son I wouldn’t stop harrassing the board until the whole school was called into the gym and the coach stood up and announces what a dumbass he is and apologizes. One public humiliation for another, sounds fair to me.[/quote]

I agree 100% Even if your son does not attend that school any longer, the coach still owes him an apology. Personally I wouldn’t rest until my son got it.

This is a chance to teach your son that man is accountable for his actions, regardless who they are. I wouldn’t pass us this lesson for my son.

[quote]nephorm wrote:

Small correction, cadav: slander. Slander is spoken, libel is written.
[/quote]
slander/libel it’s a kind of word i never used in my job, neither found on manuals/books (my first source of english words)

[quote]

Penso che “slander” e “libel” abbiano la stessa parola in italiano: diffamazione. Ma in inglese, “slander” ? parlato, e “libel” ? scritto.[/quote]

hai ragione, in italiano si usa solo diffamazione. O meglio in teoria esiste anche calunia (calunia=slender, diffamazione=libel/slender)

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I hate when Nephorm gets all liquored up and starts in with his Italian. That means he’s just a skip and a jump away from sitting in his wndow naked, eating gelatos. [/quote]

OMG :wink:

really… terrible… :smiley:

[quote]travis7 wrote:
The responses of “sue him for libel” is as bad of an overreaction as the coaches statement that the kid is on steroids.
[/quote]

kick me and i’ll kick you
bite me and i’ll bite you
fire me and i’ll fire you (if you have a bad aim…)

easy
as Hammurabi say: eye per eye, tooth per tooth…

and… in this case, the 1st law of the codex sounds intresting: death to the false slander