US Media Over Reaction on Steroids!

My son is going into his last year of high school. He is a Linebacker on the football team. They begain practice in Febuary this year his body weight increased by 10 pounds his lifting weight had not increased by much at all compared to last year Bench went up 30 lbs squat increased by 50 lbs. The coach hand timed him in the 40 yard dash where he ran a 4.56. two tenths of a second faster than his time last year. He stopped him in front of the other players and asked him “what are you on,no one gets that much faster in a year”!

That started the entire team and parents raising hell saying he was on steriods! I took him and had him tested two days later. It came back clean for ALL drugs! the damage was done and he couldnt even play on this team because of all the crap an uneducated coach had started!
This guy hasnt a clue on strength training at all! He now has the entire team training on Peloties(not sure on spelling) system and had them stop lifting weights altogether!

I have rented an apartment across town so my son can play on another schools football team! Un-informed people need to be held acountable for making uneducated assumptions!

It sucks when idiots cause you grief, but why can’t your kid still play on the team?

if its a public school bring it to the board of education and they back down right away after a clean test and they prolly wont even test and threaten to sue and i bet u get lots of sorries

[quote]hazarddude334 wrote:
if its a public school bring it to the board of education and they back down right away after a clean test and they prolly wont even test and threaten to sue and i bet u get lots of sorries[/quote]

Agreed, don’t put up with bullshit.

Aaahhhh! This week’s signs of the Apocolypse: now football coaches have their players doing Pilates as ‘training’.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
hazarddude334 wrote:
if its a public school bring it to the board of education and they back down right away after a clean test and they prolly wont even test and threaten to sue and i bet u get lots of sorries

Agreed, don’t put up with bullshit.[/quote]

Third it.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
hazarddude334 wrote:

Agreed, don’t put up with bullshit.[/quote]

Absolutely!

That’s fucked up. In a way I wish your son runs all over that other team’s players, but it’s not the kids’ fault, it’s the coach’s.

Definitely take it to the board of education.

Your son shouldn’t have to go through all that crap for something he, you, and the coach should be proud of. He should be looked up to by the other players, and players’ parents as a role model.

You could win a case vs. the board so you can feel all warm and fuzzy when you get the apologies, but do you want your son to play on that pussy ass team? I say have a good laugh at that joke of a program, forget it, and put him on a team that appreciates talent. He’s a gifted athlete and should be trained like one if you have to do it yourself.

I personally wouldnt even blame the coach he prolly was joking around like my coach does but some little crybaby went home and told his mom. I think parents really need to mind the own business when it comes to sports my mom never said more then one word to coach besides for good game or he deserves it

What does this have to do with the U.S. media?

Also, you say he couldn’t play. Was he formally kicked off or did he quit?

[quote]travis7 wrote:
What does this have to do with the U.S. media?[/quote]

I was totally confused by that, as well. I had to read the title twice just to make sure I was reading the right thread, lol.

Kick his ass.

[quote]allNatural wrote:
You could win a case vs. the board so you can feel all warm and fuzzy when you get the apologies, but do you want your son to play on that pussy ass team? I say have a good laugh at that joke of a program, forget it, and put him on a team that appreciates talent. He’s a gifted athlete and should be trained like one if you have to do it yourself.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]CC wrote:
travis7 wrote:
What does this have to do with the U.S. media?

I was totally confused by that, as well. I had to read the title twice just to make sure I was reading the right thread, lol.

[/quote]

It’s because of the overhyped media -emphasis that coaches like this go off the deep-end and ultimately jump to conclusions of steroid use. Even moreso, parents of athletes.

pilates aren’t as awful as the soccer mom’s in the health “studios” doing them make them. They were originally for athletes and dancers. It’s still wacko that that’s thier only training!!! We also have better ways to train the abdomen stuff now.

if everyone knew the amount of players in the NFL using steroids, then there would be a HUGE line into mexico for all the parents making sure that little johnny gets a fair shot at the pros.

He loves where hes playing now! I feel bad for the school he left because hes going to give them a hell of a time when they meet this year!
As for “was he formally removed” yes and no. The coachs over-reaction started on Fridays practice. It was Tuesday before we could get him in for the test so the coach said he missed two practices he can not play! Even though the practices started months before the Florida High School Athletics Board allows them to start. They really could be forced to forfite the entire season but that only hurts the kids!
I have filled with the board concerning the unprofessional ( at the least) actions of the coach.
I will post when I find out anything.

have you thought to talk with a lawyer?

to me (from italian law point of view…) this is a big example of libel…

that stupid coach has to pay for it’s stupidity

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Aaahhhh! This week’s signs of the Apocolypse: now football coaches have their players doing Pilates as ‘training’.[/quote]

OMG … next step they’ll give to the player same soy…

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Aaahhhh! This week’s signs of the Apocolypse: now football coaches have their players doing Pilates as ‘training’.[/quote]

I’d file a lawsuit just because of the Pilates.