T Nation

US in Debt to Iraq Says UN

[quote]slimjim wrote:
What really caught my eye in the article was the assertion that Haliburton was grossly overcharging for services and underdelivering with the quality of their work. Those bastards are making a hell of a lot of money off of this war, and I don’t understand how this could be allowed to happen. [/quote]

Please expand on your insinuation. Tell us all why Haliburton should havd nothing to do with making a profit in such circumstance.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
slimjim wrote:
What really caught my eye in the article was the assertion that Haliburton was grossly overcharging for services and underdelivering with the quality of their work. Those bastards are making a hell of a lot of money off of this war, and I don’t understand how this could be allowed to happen.

Please expand on your insinuation. Tell us all why Haliburton should havd nothing to do with making a profit in such circumstance.[/quote]

Try again Zeb, big difference between turning a profit and delivering quality work that you are exclusively contracted for. There is no insinuation here I plainly stated what I was thinking.

[quote]Nelmster wrote:

slimjim, the article respectfully answers your question. See below…emphasis added is mine.

“The auditors have raised questions about the support and the documentation rather than questioning [i] the fact that we have incurred the costs [/i],” Ms. Mann said in an e-mail response to questions. "Therefore, it would be completely wrong to say or imply that any of these costs that were incurred [i] at the client’s direction for its benefit [/i] are ‘overcharges.’ "

All I’ll say is that I’m here in Iraq and very intimate with the process. Actually, I’ll say one more thing: the LOGCAP contract is 100% based on documentable costs only. At no time is there a capitalistic “buy low, sell high” concept used or even allowed.

Please, please remember and realize the purpose of the American media. Hint: it has something to do with making money, and very little to do with objective truth.[/quote]

I agree the media will sensationalize things and make a story seem more outrageous than it really is, but at the same time I’m really curious as to who is watching these companies that won these contracts. They[Haliburton] are in charge of so much of the rebuilding process over there, and are in position to profit greatly, I just hope that things are going as you say they are. I’m sorry if I’ll remain a little skeptical though.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
harris447 wrote:
And ou would do what if your office got bombed, run out into the middle of the street like Patton?

Grow up.

I don’t even know what the fuck your post is even trying to say. What was run out like Patton? What is an ou?

I don’t really have to worry about whatever it is you are trying to say - I don’t live in fucking France.

What would you do in a situation like that? Accuse the President of being a liar, and root for the ones that perpetrated the offense? [/quote]

So, in one post, you:

1. made no sense at all
  2. totally missed even the idea that a joke was being told.
  3. accused someone from Jersey of living in France.
  4. took the old “you made a typo, therefore, you must be stupd” route.
  5. assumed someone who didn’t root for the president like he had a man-crush on him was “rooting” for the other side.

Nice one, Rainman.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
So, in one post, you:

1. made no sense at all[/quote]

No - that was you. And you still haven’t clarified what you meant by “run out into the stree like Patton”. I understand you are an idiot, but please, try and make at least some sense in your ramblings.

The only thing even remotely funny about anything you have ever written wrt the political forum is your logic, or lack thereof. And that’s really not as funny as it is sad.

I don’t really have to worry about whatever it is you are trying to say - I don’t live in fucking France.

Now where in that quote did I accuse you, or anyone from Joyzeeeee, of living in France? You are really not a very bright guy are you? That’s okay - everyone that reads your posts knows about your diminished capacity.

No - I was asking for clarification about what the hell you wrote. It makes absolutely no sense. You have proven your stupidity long before you left out a ‘y’ - but I gotta say, it don’t help you look any smarter.

Your homo-erotic fantasies aside, I felt like I pretty much summed up exactly what The UN has done. The only time the UN is even remotely supportive of the U.S. is when it can see we have our checkbook in our hands.

Try again harryass.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Try again harryass.

[/quote]

[quote]fahd wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Try again harryass.
[/quote]

But rainman is okay with you? I think you just proved more about your partisan bias with that one post than you even realize.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
fahd wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Try again harryass.

But rainman is okay with you? I think you just proved more about your partisan bias with that one post than you even realize.

[/quote]

Yeah 'cos you’ve done smimiliar stuff on other threads as well; petty name-calling does not help in promoting your principles.

[quote]fahd wrote:
Yeah 'cos you’ve done smimiliar stuff on other threads as well; petty name-calling does not help in promoting your principles.
[/quote]

Tit-for-tat. I really don’t know that it is any of your concern. But nice to know that you cherry pick who is right and who is wrong.

You don’t seem to have a problem photoshopping a photo/graphic to make your point. But you don’t see that as petty.

You are the definition of hypocrite. I think I have just lost any respect I might have had for you. You are now a card carryng member of the partisan liberal club. You should be getting you membership pin in the mail soon.

Yeah, Fahd…you’re a partisan, so everything you say is tainted.

Whereas Rainman is a free-thinker, not locked into any ideological stream.

And the difference between me mocking you by calling you Rainman and you calling me “hairyass6969”…

Y’see, you behave like Rainman, saying the same shit over and over…ABB, only polls that count, we won, etc. So my little nickname for you is fitting. Not really clever, but it’s on the border of witty.

And then you came up with “Hairy Ass 6969”, which just doesn’t make any sense at…

----wait a minute, wait a minute…

I GET IT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My name’s Harris, but you changed it to Hairy Ass.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And then you added 69! Sixty-fucking-nine!! I NEVER would have thought of that!! It’s the dirty number!