US Gives Egypt F 16 Jets

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Sexmachine–Mufasa and I said it was silly to think that Egypt, which has been receiving billions in military aid from the United States for years since 1979, is suddenly getting some F-16s because of a mutual hostility to Israel.

Major military aid to Egypt, in fact, has its origin in the '79 treaty with…wait for it…Israel.

So, yeah, that is a fatuous and historically ignorant position.[/quote]

Perhaps, but given the current instability of the country and it’s more militant leanings, giving them high tech weaponry at this point seems to be a bit foolish. It could be benign, but I wouldn’t take my chances until we know how it’s going to shake out and that they will in fact honor the Israeli peace treaties, without exception. I don’t think we know that for sure right now. [/quote]

This I agree with. The army warned of collapse this very morning in fact.

But this is far different from, “Obama is giving F-16s to Morsi because they both hate the Jews.”

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Sexmachine–Mufasa and I said it was silly to think that Egypt, which has been receiving billions in military aid from the United States for years since 1979, is suddenly getting some F-16s because of a mutual hostility to Israel.

Major military aid to Egypt, in fact, has its origin in the '79 treaty with…wait for it…Israel.

Perhaps, but given the current instability of the country and it’s more militant leanings, giving them high tech weaponry at this point seems to be a bit foolish. It could be benign, but I wouldn’t take my chances until we know how it’s going to shake out and that they will in fact honor the Israeli peace treaties, without exception. I don’t think we know that for sure right now. [/quote]

This I agree with. The army warned of collapse this very morning in fact.

But this is far different from, “Obama is giving F-16s to Morsi because they both hate the Jews.”[/quote]

Exactly.

And despite what many of you wish to believe…many (if not most) of these types of decisions are made very carefully…AND most likely with Israeli input.

Mufasa

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[/quote]

As pat said, things kind of changed when Obama helped topple our ally Mubarak bringing Islamic fundamentalists to power. Now I wonder why he would do a thing like that?

[quote]

On the contrary, you are ignoring the recent history of Egypt, the Obama administration’s alarming involvement and the change of conditions - i.e. Islamic fundamentalists coming to power. Not to mention the deeply troubling problem of Muslim Brotherhood spies in the Obama administration.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

And despite what many of you wish to believe…many (if not most) of these types of decisions are made very carefully…

[/quote]

Yes, I’m sure they are…

I’m sorry but I am confused. Obama sent these F-16 and Tanks to help the Egyptian Army against Israel? What is Israel doing if that is correct?

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
I’m sorry but I am confused. Obama sent these F-16 and Tanks to help the Egyptian Army against Israel?[/quote]

Nope, not at all. Egypt and Israel have been at peace and relatively neighborly since 1979.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[/quote]

As pat said, things kind of changed when Obama helped topple our ally Mubarak bringing Islamic fundamentalists to power. Now I wonder why he would do a thing like that?

[quote]

On the contrary, you are ignoring the recent history of Egypt, the Obama administration’s alarming involvement and the change of conditions - i.e. Islamic fundamentalists coming to power. Not to mention the deeply troubling problem of Muslim Brotherhood spies in the Obama administration. [/quote]

If your position is that Egypt’s future is tenuous enough that it might be prudent to hold off on military aid–at least for a few months–then I agree.

But if you’re implying that, as the original contention went, President Obama is presenting a military aid package to Morsi because both are anti-Israel, then you’re stretching analysis of evidence beyond its limit. The two problems with this being that A) Military aid addressed to Cairo is absolutely unremarkable and is inextricably intertwined with Egypt’s continued observance of the 1979 Peace Treaty and B) The FJP has promised to honor that agreement and has thus far done so–even to the point that Netanyahu, rarely one to hide his likes and dislikes, has been fairly warm and very diplomatic toward Morsi.

So, I’ll agree if the Egyptians violate their agreement or something of the sort. But there is little indication that that is on the menu, at least with Morsi in office.

Edit: “at least with Morsi in office”–which may not last much longer.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

If your position is that Egypt’s future is tenuous enough that it might be prudent to hold off on military aid–at least for a few months–then I agree.

But if you’re implying that, as the original contention went, President Obama is presenting a military aid package to Morsi because both are anti-Israel, then you’re stretching analysis of evidence beyond its limit. The two problems with this being that A) Military aid addressed to Cairo is absolutely unremarkable and is inextricably intertwined with Egypt’s continued observance of the 1979 Peace Treaty and B) The FJP has promised to honor that agreement and has thus far done so–even to the point that Netanyahu, rarely one to hide his likes and dislikes, has been fairly warm and very diplomatic toward Morsi.

[/quote]

You’re missing the point again. The Brotherhood have openly threatened to abandon the Israeli treaty and have tied continuance of aid to their observance of the treaty.

‘The Muslim Brotherhood has warned that Egypt may review its 1979 peace deal with Israel if the United States cuts aid to the country…’ - al Jazeera

Since coming to power the Brotherhood has repeatedly called for jihad in the ‘occupied territories.’ That’s hardly observing the peace treaty in good faith.

‘The ink on the Egyptian-brokered ceasefire agreement ending the Israel-Hamas fighting was barely dry Thursday, when the head of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Mohammed Badi launched a verbal tirade on Israel, calling for holy jihad and denouncing peacemaking efforts.’ - The Blaze

You’ve got to be kidding?!

[quote]

Edit: “at least with Morsi in office”–which may not last much longer.[/quote]

YOu think Morsi is a moderate? He’s an Islamic fundamentalist.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

You’ve got to be kidding?!

[/quote]

Am I to understand that you’re predicting that, if Morsi stays in power, he will violate the terms of the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty? When? And in what way? Open war?

Why does Netanyahu seem not to share this analysis?

Again, the contention was that this aid is going to Egypt because of–not in spite of–hostility to Israel. This claim is ridiculous.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

Am I to understand that you’re predicting that, if Morsi stays in power, he will violate the terms of the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty?

[/quote]

Yes.

Only he knows that.

Wouldn’t be the first time…or the second…or the third.

Who says he doesn’t?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

Am I to understand that you’re predicting that, if Morsi stays in power, he will violate the terms of the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty?

[/quote]

Yes.

Only he knows that.

Wouldn’t be the first time…or the second…or the third.

Who says he doesn’t?[/quote]

Well, time will tell. Though it’s possible that it won’t, because Morsi’s grip is faltering.

Re: that last point, I don’t pretend to know Netanyahu’s private opinion on anything, but he has been cautiously optimistic about Morsi in public. Which is perhaps significant, given his personality and his willingness to publicly pressure even the most powerful world leaders.

Edit: And are you further suggesting that, if this war or treaty breach comes within the next four years, President Obama will side with the Egyptians? Or not side with the Israelis, which in the US would amount to the same thing?

And, furthermore, that this military aid package is in anticipation of that breach of diplomacy?

That was the original contention.

I say it goes more like this:

[b]
Q: Are we giving military aid to Egypt because the Egyptian government is anti-Israel?

A: No. We have been giving military aid to Egypt for decades, and the FJP has promised to honor the 1979 Peace Treaty, and has done so thus far.[/b]

[quote]smh23 wrote:

Edit: And are you further suggesting that, if this war or treaty breach comes within the next four years, President Obama will side with the Egyptians? Or not side with the Israelis, which in the US would amount to the same thing?

[/quote]

Not side with the Israelis.

Possibly.

[quote]
That was the original contention.

I say it goes more like this:

[b]
Q: Are we giving military aid to Egypt because the Egyptian government is anti-Israel?

A: No. We have been giving military aid to Egypt for decades, and the FJP has promised to honor the 1979 Peace Treaty, and has done so thus far.[/b][/quote]

They’re buying time and building up their military with US money.

I don’t agree, but we will see.

I would never suggest that the Egyptian Military is ready to dance in the streets with the IDF…BUT…the Egyptian Military are NOT Jihadist…they are Nationalist…

(Where is JB?)…and I seem to recall JB saying that they are pretty “reasonable” to deal with. If you look at their actions, they really haven’t “sided” one or the other with either Mubarack OR Morsi. They seem to be waiting to see how things shake out.

To me (and I could be totally wrong)…the way things are going?

The Egyptian Military; for better or worse; will be the only cohesive group still standing that we can call “Egyptian”.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I would never suggest that the Egyptian Military is ready to dance in the streets with the IDF…BUT…the Egyptian Military are NOT Jihadist…they are Nationalist…

[/quote]

Traditionlly yes. However consider Morsi’s purging of the upper echelons of the military, the military and police being implicated in Muslim Brotherhood rape gangs in Tahrir square and massacres of anti-regime soccer fans and Morsi’s blatant highjacking of the Egyptian Constitution remeniscent of Hitler’s enabling act of 1933. This was a coup by the oldest and best established Isamic fundamentalist organisation in the world. They have a long heritage and were introduced to European anti-Semitism by the Nazis in the 30’s. After WWII Nasser brought dozens of Nazi war criminals, Gestapo, SS etc. to Egypt to modernise his military and train pan Arab nationalists(like Gaddafi) in European anti-Semitism and psychological warfare/propaganda.

At the time of the Six Day War the Soviet Union also began to offer support, training, arms etc. to Arab terrorists. This continues to this day with Russia aiding Syria/Iran and other rogue nations around the globe.

The Arab spring can only be viewed as an Islamic colonialist revival movement. Israel is only part of a proxy war against the entire western world.

As Morsi continues to consolidate his power by purging the military, ruthlessly cracking down on his opponents, establishing an Islamist regime, calling for the annihilation of Israel and rapidly building up his military capability on the US dime, the questions still remain as to what on earth could have possibly possessed the Obama administration to warmly support this regime and continuing to arm them? Is it merely a form of Obama the bitch paying protection money to the sand loons? Or is it more to do with Obama’s support for the Palestinian agenda and his ideological hostility to the nation of Israel?(and America to for that matter)

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2013/January/US-Gives-F-16-Jets-to-Egypt-Despite-Morsi-Flap/

Why did we do this?? I cannot understand any reason for this.[/quote]

Muslims and Satanist helpers run the White House.