US Forces Attacking Mahdi

The last copter blasts the shit out of them.

[quote]PGA wrote:

The last copter blasts the shit out of them.[/quote]

Don’t you realize those are all civilians???

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
PGA wrote:

Don’t you realize those are all civilians???[/quote]

Actually they are militia.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Cunnivore wrote:
PGA wrote:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4075e3acfe&p=1

[/quote]

Sure, but once we kill them and they drop their weapons, they magically become civilians!

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
hedo wrote:
Cunnivore wrote:
PGA wrote:

Sure, but once we kill them and they drop their weapons, they magically become civilians!

[/quote]

Are you quoting the NY Times again???

I am glad we are finally going after those "militia " murderers. We should have done this long ago.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Cunnivore wrote:
hedo wrote:
Cunnivore wrote:
PGA wrote:

Are you quoting the NY Times again???
[/quote]

Curses, foiled again!

About time. It’s time to simply crush the militias. No more targeted raids. Simply use overwhelming force where ever they hole up. Make the city leaders understand that militias in their cities will result in it’s razing. Don’t negotiate for months on end with militia leaders and radicalized clerics. Kill them and those set to fill their spot.

Oh, and take out Iran’s government soon.

that was a ‘money shot’

funny

glad to be an american, where at least i know i’m free
stand up!

[quote]Sloth wrote:
About time. It’s time to simply crush the militias. No more targeted raids. Simply use overwhelming force where ever they hole up. Make the city leaders understand that militias in their cities will result in it’s razing. Don’t negotiate for months on end with militia leaders and radicalized clerics. Kill them and those set to fill their spot.

[/quote]

Haven’t you figured out by now that the only way to deal with murderers is to ask them to please stop murdering?

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

This should have been the State of the Union Address.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Haven’t you figured out by now that the only way to deal with murderers is to ask them to please stop murdering?

[/quote]

LOL!! So I take it you’re against negotiating with Iran and Syria? :>

Does this mean we are actually going to start using those cool weapons I see so much on the military channel now?

I am curious on when this video was taking though. I’m really hoping with this new general we have in Iraq now, with his expertise in counter-insurgency and basically changed ROE we will actually start kicking the shit out of these people.

I still think that if you are going to send in more troops it should have been 100,000. Not 21,500 though.

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
Does this mean we are actually going to start using those cool weapons I see so much on the military channel now?

I am curious on when this video was taking though. I’m really hoping with this new general we have in Iraq now, with his expertise in counter-insurgency and basically changed ROE we will actually start kicking the shit out of these people.

I still think that if you are going to send in more troops it should have been 100,000. Not 21,500 though.

[/quote]

Hey, five. I’m not sure WHAT number should be employed. Remember that if he would have put 100,000 in the same malcontents would be complaining about cost, more chances for Americans to be killed, and instead of 100,000 it should have been 125,000.

I say we see what happens.

JeffR

“Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives,” the Iranian president was quoted as saying.

Does that answer your question?

Source:

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:

Cunnivore wrote:

Headhunter wrote:
LOL!! So I take it you’re against negotiating with Iran and Syria? :>

“Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives,” the Iranian president was quoted as saying.

Does that answer your question?

Source:

But if we attack them, they’ll get mad at us and not love us anymore, like they have for so long. :slight_smile:

You know, I’ve been saying the same stuff as you to the libs on this board for a long time and, nothing we say or do will convince them otherwise. They also classify me as a kook, idiot, whatever…anyway, welcome to the club.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

With which soldiers? Last I checked they were in Iraq and Afghanistan with about 20,000 more heading to Iraq.

Dustin

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

Sweet, using helicopters and aerial bombardment in a city, great idea in a counter-insurgency campaign.

I would urge all of you guys cheerleading for us to “get tough,” as though that’s the solution, to read just one credible book on the subject, like T.X. Hammes’ “The Sling and the Stone” or Bing West’s “The Village.”

Even easier, just take about sixty minutes out of your life and go to www.d-n-i.net and read FMFM 1A, Fourth Generation Warfare, right on the main page. It’s a short manual on low-intensity conflict, written by Bill Lind and Army and Marine Corps junior officers who have served in the “GWOT.” I think you’d be hard-pressed to hold onto your opinions if you read anything insightful on the subject. Sorry if that makes me sound like a dick.

As for the Mahdi Army, maybe we’re rolling them up, maybe we’re not. General Jack Keane, co-author of the surge plan, specifically advised avoiding Sadr City, at least for the time being. And as some have said, we may have all the guns, but they have all the time. Which do you think is going to prove more important in this war?

Yes, because targeted raids and patrols have worked wonders!

[quote]Dustin wrote:
Sloth wrote:

With which soldiers? Last I checked they were in Iraq and Afghanistan with about 20,000 more heading to Iraq.

Dustin
[/quote]

Yeah, Iraq makes a nice little staging zone.