T Nation

US Elections & The Blogosphere

<<Don’t even bother reading the rest, just get to the comments and start pasting in your all-caps screaming lunacy. Who are you people? Who gave you people computers? Is this what Al Gore intended when he created the Internet?>>

No matter what your political affiliation, this guy is spot-on and funny as hell!

Hilarious!

This comment, however, practically expresses my views as well:

"A nasty old jerk, born to an elitist military brass family, spends the last thirty years as a Washington insider, congressman, senator and sellout while living large on the fortune of his beer-heiress second wife. He is somehow, inexplicably, marketed as a “maverick.”

Mocking ones half-witted, (albeit) illiterate reader’s opinions is probably not good for readership.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Hilarious!

This comment, however, practically expresses my views as well:

"A nasty old jerk, born to an elitist military brass family, spends the last thirty years as a Washington insider, congressman, senator and sellout while living large on the fortune of his beer-heiress second wife. He is somehow, inexplicably, marketed as a “maverick.”[/quote]

Yep.

www.vietnamveteransagainstmccain.com

I thought this was excellent:

<<that an anti-libertarian hack like Bob Barr is the libertarian nominee, and that the libertarian candidate (Ron Paul) is sitting out the race despite amassing a fortune in campaign contributions and a delirious following>>

If Bob Barr is a libertarian, I am one of Santa’s fucking reindeer.

[quote]
"A nasty old jerk, born to an elitist military brass family, spends the last thirty years as a Washington insider, congressman, senator and sellout while living large on the fortune of his beer-heiress second wife. He is somehow, inexplicably, marketed as a “maverick.”[/quote]

It’s funny how the democratic party’s first choice for Vice President 4 years ago is now “more of the same”, “identical to Bush”, and a “sellout/insider/asshole”.

Either the Democratic party is laying the spin down fast and thick, or they are very, very bad at choosing candidates.

I’d guess both.

[quote]Moriarty wrote:

"A nasty old jerk, born to an elitist military brass family, spends the last thirty years as a Washington insider, congressman, senator and sellout while living large on the fortune of his beer-heiress second wife. He is somehow, inexplicably, marketed as a “maverick.”

It’s funny how the democratic party’s first choice for Vice President 4 years ago is now “more of the same”, “identical to Bush”, and a “sellout/insider/asshole”.

Either the Democratic party is laying the spin down fast and thick, or they are very, very bad at choosing candidates.

I’d guess both.[/quote]

Hmm… McCain wanted to caucus with democrats, and talked to Kerry about VP, then does a 180 and goes all Bush in order to become president, and you translate to Dems bad at choosing candidates. Odd. It’s a strange world you’re living in.

[quote]100meters wrote:
Moriarty wrote:

I’d guess both.

Hmm… McCain wanted to caucus with democrats, and talked to Kerry about VP, then does a 180 and goes all Bush in order to become president, and you translate to Dems bad at choosing candidates. Odd. It’s a strange world you’re living in.

[/quote]

You’re proving my point for me. Yes, McCain wanted to caucus with Dems, then he went and did a 180. He flip-flopped. He has no integrity. You’re absolutely right on all points.

And he was your party’s number one choice for Vice President! You really couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried!

From your article:

Thanks for proving my case Lumpy! Kerry “relentlessly pursued” this flip-flopping, 180-pulling, elitist, Bush-clone as the Vice President on the Democratic ticket in the last election. Democrats are terrible at choosing candidates.

Wow, thanks Entheogens! This guy is good.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
I thought this was excellent:

<<that an anti-libertarian hack like Bob Barr is the libertarian nominee, and that the libertarian candidate (Ron Paul) is sitting out the race despite amassing a fortune in campaign contributions and a delirious following>>

If Bob Barr is a libertarian, I am one of Santa’s fucking reindeer. [/quote]

Tell me about it. The more I read about this guy I am just left shaking my head!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Mocking ones half-witted, (albeit) illiterate reader’s opinions is probably not good for readership.[/quote]

Unless you are looking for new readers… I read some of the posts and with the exception of one genius post exclaiming “FUCK YO COUCH…” they seemed to be idiots that didn’t even like him! Some posts were leveling ad-homs at the author! For what!?

[quote]entheogens wrote:
If Bob Barr is a libertarian, I am one of Santa’s fucking reindeer. [/quote]

Yeah, no doubt…did you get a load of his VP nominee…?

Wayne Allyn Root? The dude is practically a fascist.

Left is right, up is down, day is night…WTF?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Left is right, up is down, day is night…WTF?[/quote]

Bizzaro world.

I always did wonder why every AOL article - no matter how diverse the subject - always ended up with most comments being about Bush ruining the environment, racist comments about Obama, and ads for sugarcupids. With “report this!” repeated throughout. It was always a total clusterfuck.

Although lately it’s cleaned up somehow.