T Nation

US Causes Fatah & Hamas To Fight!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/14/gaza/index.html

Ha! I thought the title would please some members of the forum.
Just figured it’s worth discussing, since Arab on Arab violence is fine with the arab world.
They just look like a bunch of power hungry assholes to me.
Human life is worthless.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Just figured it’s worth discussing, since Arab on Arab violence is fine with the arab world. [/quote]

Fine?

Where do you fish for such crap? Your ass?

Do you read the press of the Arab world? Did you ask Arabs to comment on the issue? How the fcsk do you know violence is fine in the Arab world as long as it’s Arab on Arab? Every Arab media I’ve consulted harshly condemned the escalation of violence.

What’s the matter with you?

America shouldn’t be in the business of funding foriegn governments in the first place, good or bad. The Palestinians are getting the government they deserve.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Just figured it’s worth discussing, since Arab on Arab violence is fine with the arab world.

Fine?

Where do you fish for such crap? Your ass?

Do you read the press of the Arab world? Did you ask Arabs to comment on the issue? How the fcsk do you know violence is fine in the Arab world as long as it’s Arab on Arab? Every Arab media I’ve consulted harshly condemned the escalation of violence.

What’s the matter with you?[/quote]

lixy,

Who do you blame for this violence?

Thanks in advance,

JeffR

[quote]pat36 wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/14/gaza/index.html

Ha! I thought the title would please some members of the forum.
Just figured it’s worth discussing, since Arab on Arab violence is fine with the arab world.
They just look like a bunch of power hungry assholes to me.
Human life is worthless.[/quote]

The human rights groups, which would scream bloody hell if Israel paraded Palestinians around in their undies, have yet to even notice the war crimes/crimes against humanity perpetrated by Hamas. Tossing prisoners off the roof of a building? Just testing the laws of gravity there.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Just figured it’s worth discussing, since Arab on Arab violence is fine with the arab world.

Fine?

Where do you fish for such crap? Your ass?

Do you read the press of the Arab world? Did you ask Arabs to comment on the issue? How the fcsk do you know violence is fine in the Arab world as long as it’s Arab on Arab? Every Arab media I’ve consulted harshly condemned the escalation of violence.

What’s the matter with you?[/quote]

Actually, I deduced this idea from you. You give the impression that only american or israeli actions are viewed negativiely in the Arab world.

I remember you being pressed several times on how Arab on Arab violence is viewed in the arab world and you greeted it with silence; so I figured arab on arab violence must be okey. It’s only when people die and the U.S. or Israel is involved that such things are bad.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Just figured it’s worth discussing, since Arab on Arab violence is fine with the arab world.

Fine?

Where do you fish for such crap? Your ass?

Do you read the press of the Arab world? Did you ask Arabs to comment on the issue? How the fcsk do you know violence is fine in the Arab world as long as it’s Arab on Arab? Every Arab media I’ve consulted harshly condemned the escalation of violence.

What’s the matter with you?[/quote]

From where I sit your fishing “hole” is similarly geographically located.

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
pat36 wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/14/gaza/index.html

Ha! I thought the title would please some members of the forum.
Just figured it’s worth discussing, since Arab on Arab violence is fine with the arab world.
They just look like a bunch of power hungry assholes to me.
Human life is worthless.

The human rights groups, which would scream bloody hell if Israel paraded Palestinians around in their undies, have yet to even notice the war crimes/crimes against humanity perpetrated by Hamas. Tossing prisoners off the roof of a building? Just testing the laws of gravity there.[/quote]

The silence is deafening isn’t it. It’ll be a one liner on page 100 of any Amnesty report. I wonder what, James “the peanut head” Carter thinks of this. He must be pleased as punch.

Pat36 - FYI Lixy doesn’t appreciate his views being challenged. Or the veracity of his statments regarding his world travel plans…

Ask him about Arab on Arab violence and you will get,crickets…

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Who do you blame for this violence?[/quote]

Hard to quantify the level of responsability of both sides. I’m gonna go with Hamas getting most of the blame though. Fatah being the underdog and all…

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
Pat36 - FYI Lixy doesn’t appreciate his views being challenged. Or the veracity of his statments regarding his world travel plans…

Ask him about Arab on Arab violence and you will get,crickets…[/quote]

Nay, you will get the same old tirade on how it’s Israel or USA at fault.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
I remember you being pressed several times on how Arab on Arab violence is viewed in the arab world and you greeted it with silence; [/quote]

???

The only times I wouldn’t comment on it, is when some jackass uses it to show how inherently flawed the Arab culture is. You know, the guys who throw in Darfur everytime Iraqi civilian toll is brought up.

I always condemn violence (lest it’s beyond-the-shadow-of-a-doubt self-defense). I dare you to pick a single case of me cheering up any Arab on Arab violence.

[quote]btm62 wrote:
From where I sit your fishing “hole” is similarly geographically located. [/quote]

You mean anatomically. Geography is something totally different.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
The silence is deafening isn’t it. It’ll be a one liner on page 100 of any Amnesty report. [/quote]

So, you think it’s a conspiracy now? Are Arabs somehow controlling the world of the human rights business?

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
The silence is deafening isn’t it. It’ll be a one liner on page 100 of any Amnesty report.

So, you think it’s a conspiracy now? Are Arabs somehow controlling the world of the human rights business?

[/quote]

Nope. I am saying that as america bashing is the current fad in left leaning entities, they will simply down play or omit events that don’t further serve the purpose of making the west look bad. I don’t think arabs have anything to do with that at all.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
I remember you being pressed several times on how Arab on Arab violence is viewed in the arab world and you greeted it with silence;

???

The only times I wouldn’t comment on it, is when some jackass uses it to show how inherently flawed the Arab culture is. You know, the guys who throw in Darfur everytime Iraqi civilian toll is brought up.

I always condemn violence (lest it’s beyond-the-shadow-of-a-doubt self-defense). I dare you to pick a single case of me cheering up any Arab on Arab violence.[/quote]

I never said you cheered it up, I said you ignored the question.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
I remember you being pressed several times on how Arab on Arab violence is viewed in the arab world and you greeted it with silence;

???

The only times I wouldn’t comment on it, is when some jackass uses it to show how inherently flawed the Arab culture is. You know, the guys who throw in Darfur everytime Iraqi civilian toll is brought up.

I always condemn violence (lest it’s beyond-the-shadow-of-a-doubt self-defense). I dare you to pick a single case of me cheering up any Arab on Arab violence.

I never said you cheered it up, I said you ignored the question.
[/quote]

Pat36 - Lixy is upset that in a previous post discussing Sudan, he cited he was going there this summer to “see for myself what’s going on there”, and I challenged him on it. It’s kind of like his other post where he cites he “consulted with Arab media”…Yes, right Lixy, by that do you mean you screamed at the TV blaring Al Jazeera programming…? Again he envelopes himself in such phony self importance…

Frankly, it seemed like bullshit to me. He is incapable of responding to criticism pertaining to islam, muslims, or Arabs, without playing the old moral relativism card. Right out of the CAIR playbook…

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Nope. I am saying that as america bashing is the current fad in left leaning entities, they will simply down play or omit events that don’t further serve the purpose of making the west look bad. [/quote]

Most of the “Left leaning entities” are the West. The East being majoritarily filled with dictatorship, it would be ridiculous to say to say that they lean Left. However, if you consider the North and South, that’d be quite different.

Anyway, I highly don’t think it’s fair to call critics of American foreign policy, America bashers. Plus, I don’t think you can argue that their criticism is motivated by anything more than humanism and compassion. It’s not like Cindy Sheehan is making any money out of Camp Casey or anything of the sort. The millions who march in the streets have clearly nothing to gain. Their acts are for the most part altruistic.

On the other hand, Bush and his associates clearly are furthering the economical interests of the US while fucking up innocents pretty bad.

For those reasons, one side resorts to deception far more often than the other. Downplaying casualties of war has become official policy in the US and you can’t deny it. The most obvious of which are the no-returning-casquet-images and no-civilian-bodycount. On the other hand, you’ll have a real hard time showing that the Left downplays Arab on Arab violence. Try it, I’m all ears.

The Left is primarily constitued of the West. How can you say that it wants to “make the West look bad”? It doesn’t make sense. What they’re aiming at, is a reduction in military interventions and other bloody endeavors that benefit a handful of fat cats while leaving piles of dead bodies.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
I never said you cheered it up, I said you ignored the question. [/quote]

I had relatives slaughtered and terrorized by that very issue (Algeria, Lebanon). I was meters away from a terrorist attack in Casablanca that left 26 dead. I experienced it firsthand. How you can say that I’m ignoring it is beyond me.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
I never said you cheered it up, I said you ignored the question.

I had relatives slaughtered and terrorized by that very issue (Algeria, Lebanon). I was meters away from a terrorist attack in Casablanca that left 26 dead. I experienced it firsthand. How you can say that I’m ignoring it is beyond me.

[/quote]

And yet you always excuse this type of behavior by blaming America for being the root cause.

Why am I so skeptical?