US Armed Services Tribute Thread

Just to honor our bravest! I know there are vets and current duty here - thank you all!

and their best friends . . . :slight_smile:

But most of all for those who gave it all!

To my cousin, a SEAL in Afghanistan: YOU’RE THE FUCKING MAN!!!

This is not “politics and world issues”.
There is a lot of potential debate in this and you know it.
Let the mods move this praise thread somewhere else and everyone will be happy.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Let the mods move this praise thread somewhere else and everyone will be happy.[/quote]

By everyone, you mean YOU. I say leave it be.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
To my cousin, a SEAL in Afghanistan: YOU’RE THE FUCKING MAN!!![/quote]

I’ve got buds in the SEALs - those guys are off the chain! If you want to have a real party, try to hang with these guys! Mega-Kudo’s to your cousin!

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Let the mods move this praise thread somewhere else and everyone will be happy.

[/quote]

then start your own damn debate thread, shwartzenfarter - there’s a button up at the upper right on the menu page . . . it’s title “post” - have at it.

I started this thread to honor those of us who chose to take someone else’s orders and stand in the line of fire on a daily basis for the rest of us comfy-living civi’s who get to go to Buffalo Wild Wings when we want, get to drive to work without working about IED’s and don’t have to worry about every passing vehicle. The ones who don’t get to go to Joe’s Crab Shack whenever they feel like it and have to worry about that boat over there and this junk over here and is that an rpg in that truck?

These are the real heroes for any people. Like the first responders here at home - they see or hear the danger and run TO IT, not from it.

I love these men and women with my whole heart. I even refuse to sit on the METRO when there’s a military serviceman or women in the car - they stand for me over there, I can stand for them here. These are our best and they deserve a freaking “thank you” every chance we can give it.

So STFU and go start your own whiny little thread and stay out of my thread if it bothers you that much!

In memory of my Grandfather Sgt James Bass, Arkansas National Guard, Artillery. Veteran of Persian Gulf War. RIP Papaw.

and RIP all Arkansas soldiers who have fought for their state and community.

Memorial to Arkansas Confederates

and Arkansans who fought in Korea

Thanks DF - my best to your family and the Arkansas vets!

Need some inspiration? Never forget these heroes!!

http://www.history.army.mil/moh.html

Great thread!

My son is at USNA (Annapolis) and wants to do USMC ground combat. I think he should be a nuke power officer on a (nice, safe) aircraft carrier or sub but he’s waaaaaaaayyyyy smarter than me (really) so…'Go get ‘em, kid!’

my grandfather during WWII

my very good friend is in Afghanistan…having a lot of fun. He is a little crazy but aren’t we all?

OG!

Must have been VERY early in WWII.

They are dressed more like the “Dough Boys” of WWI.

GREAT pic, though!

Mufasa

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
my grandfather during WWII[/quote]
That’s a cool shot. Did you know him?

Interestingly, I’ve picked up 3 new customers who are WWII vets.
Gordon Jones - B-25 Pilot in Europe
Dick Wolf - Landed on Tulagi during the battle of Guadalcanal
Charles Grissom - Air Force ground operations in the Aleutians. (heartbreaking story this guy has. They had an equipment failure during a storm and trying to guide a plane in over the radio he directed them right into the ground killing the crew. I could see the memory in his eyes)

I salute you gentlemen.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
OG!

Must have been VERY early in WWII.

They are dressed more like the “Dough Boys” of WWI.

GREAT pic, though!

Mufasa[/quote]

AARRGGHH!!!

Mufasa you are right, it was WWI.

He was born in 1894.

I never knew him. He died young at 50yrs old.