T Nation

URGENT: European Cities?

I’m going overseas for school next year, and I have to make a decision by the first of October, where to go. Obviously I could care less what each has in store in terms of historical value, except some art might be cool. My real priorities are such:

Gyms
Women
Casinos
and Healthy Food Available

I want sexy ladies, I want a good time. But also, I want to continue working out and playing poker. With this in mind, which city offers the best of these categories if you consider this list of priorities.

Florence, Lausanne, Heidelberg, London.

Shanghai is also an option, but I don’t see how that would fit the bill.

Thanks for the help!

Have you considered Scandinavia? For beautiful women, I can’t think of a better place. Casinos are kind of sparse though. Stockholm would be a great choice.

Can’t help you, but I did want to say that this sentence is excellent:

[quote]WildShoe wrote:
Obviously I could care less what each has in store in terms of historical value, except some art might be cool. [/quote]

[quote]WildShoe wrote:
I’m going overseas for school next year, and I have to make a decision by the first of October, where to go. Obviously I could care less what each has in store in terms of historical value, except some art might be cool. My real priorities are such:

Gyms
Women
Casinos
and Healthy Food Available

I want sexy ladies, I want a good time. But also, I want to continue working out and playing poker. With this in mind, which city offers the best of these categories if you consider this list of priorities.

Florence, Lausanne, Heidelberg, London.

Shanghai is also an option, but I don’t see how that would fit the bill.

Thanks for the help! [/quote]

Have you considered Eastern Europe?

Not only is your money worth ten times more than in London, Hungarian, Chech and SLowakian women are gorgeous.

Maybe Prague?

How old are you?

Is this your first time abroad?

some of your requests are a little…well. Odd. Healthy food? lol

In what country can’t you find these things?

London is the biggest city in Europe. If you can’t find everything you are looking for there you won’t find it anywhere else.

I think Munich would be a cool city to go to school in. The University is right in Schwabing which is the nicest part of the city. The countryside outside Munich is magnificent, especially the alps.

I’ve heard great things about Prague. I’ve never been there, but it’s my brother’s favorite city, and from what I’ve heard it’s less expensive than a lot of the cities in Western Europe.

I just got back from Prague and Budapest a couple of days ago. Very cool cities, but our money isn’t worth much anymore. Their currency is directly tied to the Euro, and it’s at an all time low. Also very historical (which doesn’t matter to you), but beautiful cities as well.

I was looking for a good gym to train at and didn’t have much luck, but I was in a touristy area.

I have to say that the women in both Budapest and in Prague were WAY above average.

The locals were pretty friendly in both cities as well. I didn’t get that same feeling when I was in Athens a couple of years ago.

I’m pretty sure they both had casinos, but I didn’t go in, so I don’t know what the Poker scene is like.

The food is similar in both countries, pretty heavy stuff, meat and potatoes, but they are big cities, so you can get pretty much anything you want.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Another London resident, I’d like to say, don’t go to London.

I’d reccomend Athens as I’ve lived there too and much preferred it even though there’s much nicer places in Greece.

If your list is all you have to go on, go to Florence. It’s absolutely amazing.

I bet you could get some top notch coaching at ex-soviet countries or eastern bloc countries if you wanted to pursue that.

Well the fact remains, the only choice I have are:

Laussane, London, Heidelberg, Florence, Buenos Aires.

I’m 18, this will be my first time overseas, but you go with about 50 other kids. I want to continue training and playing poker at all costs, these are my two favorite things in the world, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything, even if that means NOT going abroad for a year. The cost of living is not a huge issue.
Obviously this would mean I would need a gym nearby, and a casino within about 2 hours.

So enough w/ Prague, since that is no an option!

Go to Germany if you like white women
Go to Italy if you like latin broads

Go to London if you like bad teeth and shitty attitudes.

Your a lost cause. Your prepared to give up going abroad to a bustling cultural cosmopolitan for a game of cards.

I’d take Buenos Aires or Florence personally.

[quote]WildShoe wrote:
Well the fact remains, the only choice I have are:

Laussane, London, Heidelberg, Florence, Buenos Aires.

I’m 18, this will be my first time overseas, but you go with about 50 other kids. I want to continue training and playing poker at all costs, these are my two favorite things in the world, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything, even if that means NOT going abroad for a year. The cost of living is not a huge issue.
Obviously this would mean I would need a gym nearby, and a casino within about 2 hours.

So enough w/ Prague, since that is no an option! [/quote]

Christ. An oppurtunity like this and you’re going to blow it like that? Dumbass.

You want culture and history, go to Europe. You just want cards and broads, then go to Vegas.

Florence.

The place is awesome. Be sure to watch “Under the Tuscan Sun” beforehand.

Kidding about the movie.

[quote]toki123 wrote:
Go to Germany if you like white women
Go to Italy if you like latin broads

Go to London if you like bad teeth and shitty attitudes. [/quote]

Fucking hilarious.

To the OP: I honestly worry for anyone who regards playing poker as more than a casual hobby. The only journey you need to make is an inward one to discover the cause of your unhealthy attachment to hazardous vice.