Upset Stomach All Day?

Hey everyone,
Been having some stomach issues the past couple of weeks. Most days I seem to wake up and have a semi-nauseous feeling, and it lasts all day. I’m still able to eat pretty much the same amount of food and can exercise without getting sick, but that feeling is always there.

Anyone else get this and if so, did it eventually go away? My friend, who’s a nurse, seems to think it could be a possible reflux situation or a food allergy…any possibilities there?

I try not to focus on it too much, but it’s annoying when I go through most of the day not feeling hungry but knowing I need to eat.

Thanks,
Dan

I dont know about the reflux. I have acid reflux really bad and I never felt naseaus from it, so you might be able to rule that out.

Maybe go to a gastroenterologist?

Go see a gastroenterologist for sure. I got food poisoning in Greece and some sort of infection in my intestines. That’s gone now, but it left some problems. Since that happened in Beginning of July, I have had not one normal day with my stomach. I have had nausea, diarhea (never throwing up, though).

My doc put me on Nexium for 2 months, and I called her today and I still have some minor nausea (not as bad), rumbling, and constant uneasiness (I just feel something weird). So she is going to give me an Endoscopy to see what’s up. I hope the results reveal something that they know how to fix because I’m tired of feeling like this. I doubt yours is as bad as my problem, but still, 2 weeks is a long time for a stomach problem, so go see a doc.

i get this but usually after having a shake with a lot of milk or dairy. it goes away in a few hours but if i had more dairy it comes back. one of the things i’ve noticed is that if i eat/consume things slower its not as pronounced.

if it’s not that, i’d say go see a doctor. good luck

[quote]dollarmenu wrote:
i get this but usually after having a shake with a lot of milk or dairy. it goes away in a few hours but if i had more dairy it comes back. one of the things i’ve noticed is that if i eat/consume things slower its not as pronounced.

if it’s not that, i’d say go see a doctor. good luck[/quote]

I have noticed that on days where I have milk, the stomach problems are more pronounced. I do tend to eat fast, too, probably b/c I’m sitting in front of the TV most meals.

I’m going to keep a food log this week and record how I feel during the day and if things are still bothering me, I’ll make an appointment.

Have you added anything new to your diet or started a new supplement since your stomach’s been bothering you?

No, diet and supplements haven’t changed recently.

Could also be tied to the dizziness problems I’ve had recently…went to the ENT and I have some fluid buildup in the ear canal that is causing my dizziness…and one of the side effects of dizziness is nausea. But, I’m not dizzy all the time and the nausea is still there, so that’s why I’m a bit confused.

maybe your lactose intolerent?

if its bc your eating too fast maybe you should try getting some digestive enzymes.

ginger is said to calm the stomach as well.