UPS are Extortionists

shipped 40 dollars worth of books to nova scotia from the US and it cost me about $30, havent heard what the COD is on it yet though. international shipping to canada is crazy expensive. and why isnt there an online canadian bookstore that i could have used? even amazon.ca doesnt have anything…

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:
shipped 40 dollars worth of books to nova scotia from the US and it cost me about $30, havent heard what the COD is on it yet though. international shipping to canada is crazy expensive. and why isnt there an online canadian bookstore that i could have used? even amazon.ca doesnt have anything… [/quote]

canada has fucked up copyright stuff. Its why we dont have services like playstation movie store.
Basically, 3rd party publishers/distributors control the release of movies/books in canada and order to distribute them, companies such as amazon must strike deals with them as well as the original producers of the good. This costs a lot of money.

At least that is my understanding of why this country is shit lol

[quote]Hertzyscowicz wrote:

[quote]schultzie wrote:
it costs 45 bucks to do that?[/quote]
No, they probably figure you owe them taxes for the purchase on top of the cost of opening it up. That, or a Canadian PL gear company has the ultimate protectionist lobby.

What I can’t figure out is why exactly is it the UPS that’s charging the fee instead of the customs office. Most likely UPS went ahead and paid the charges at the border.[/quote]

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Inzer is an American company, which means there are no custom fees because the product is made in America. Canadian customs never charges duty on items made in America (there are exceptions but 99% of items they do not).

Only couriers charge this fee. If he had it shipped via USPS he wouldn’t of been charged anything. I’ve never been charged by the USPS, and that is why I never buy from companies that will not ship USPS.

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:
even amazon.ca doesnt have anything… [/quote]
A buddy of mine works for Amazon. Apparently that is about to change.