Ups and Downs of Excessive Muscle Mass

Deleted.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
So what does your daily activity look like and what is your weekly training load/split?[/quote]

Iā€™m on my feet for about 5 hours per day average, but just standing next to my clients, no lifting or labor involved. When Iā€™m not with clients, Iā€™m at the computer working on the other side of business.

I train for a total of 4 hours per week. 4 sessions @ 60 minutes each based around Pressing, Pulling, Squatting, and Deadlifting. I perform no more than 6 exercises per training session and anywhere from 15-24 sets per training session depending on the phase Iā€™m at in my program.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[/quote]

^I must have missed that thread. Damn I love Colucci, he just puts it all out there :slight_smile:

S

You by far create the most narcissistic unhelpful threads ever. ā€œListen to the video once or twiceā€ do you think youā€™re some amazing fitness ā€œguruā€ whose opinion is actually valued?

Youā€™ve been training for 10 years? Holy shit. 5,000 calories!!! That must be grueling.

Do you honestly think ā€œsolvingā€ obesity is merely about going to gym? Iā€™m not an expert but I donā€™t think telling fat people to go to the gym will fix their weight issues.

[quote]2020Wellness wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
I honestly canā€™t tell if you put these up to be helpful or if itā€™s for self promotion. If itā€™s the former, awesome. If itā€™s the latterā€¦[/quote]

The major topic of controversy would most likely be the fact that I feel that if those obese people would just start putting in some effort to gain some lean mass, theyā€™d find their weight problem to be much more manageable.

[/quote]

Why are we even talking about obesity? channeling PX here, but this is a bodybuilding forum, not a health or general fitness forum. That is what flirty girl fitness is for.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[/quote]

^I must have missed that thread. Damn I love Colucci, he just puts it all out there :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

haha I donā€™t see how there could be any doubt now.

Why are you having a hard time? 5,000 calories a day is not a lot if youā€™re getting it from the right sources. Stop complaining, up it to 6,000 calories and keep chugging on.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
I honestly canā€™t tell if you put these up to be helpful or if itā€™s for self promotion. If itā€™s the former, awesome. If itā€™s the latterā€¦[/quote]

The major topic of controversy would most likely be the fact that I feel that if those obese people would just start putting in some effort to gain some lean mass, theyā€™d find their weight problem to be much more manageable.

[/quote]

Why are we even talking about obesity? channeling PX here, but this is a bodybuilding forum, not a health or general fitness forum. That is what flirty girl fitness is for.
[/quote]

I guess I missed where talking about fat loss isnā€™t part of bodybuilding/fitness. I also missed the forum rule that states what topics can and canā€™t be brought up. The overall point is that if people would put more time into training for muscle gains, theyā€™d have an easier time keeping themselves from being overweight. This can carry over to bodybuilding.

[quote]Ghost16 wrote:
Why are you having a hard time? 5,000 calories a day is not a lot if youā€™re getting it from the right sources. Stop complaining, up it to 6,000 calories and keep chugging on. [/quote]

Care to elaborate on your idea of ā€˜the right sources?ā€™

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[/quote]

S[/quote]

haha I donā€™t see how there could be any doubt now.
[/quote]

I must be missing the point of posting that thread. I honestly donā€™t see anything in that thread that bothers me, and Iā€™m the person who itā€™s about. There is nothing to hide from anyone in that thread. Colucci doubted me on some of my claims, I backed myself up in a mature manner, and thatā€™s about it.

[quote]Meeko wrote:
You by far create the most narcissistic unhelpful threads ever. ā€œListen to the video once or twiceā€ do you think youā€™re some amazing fitness ā€œguruā€ whose opinion is actually valued?

Youā€™ve been training for 10 years? Holy shit. 5,000 calories!!! That must be grueling.

Do you honestly think ā€œsolvingā€ obesity is merely about going to gym? Iā€™m not an expert but I donā€™t think telling fat people to go to the gym will fix their weight issues.
[/quote]

Why you mad though? This post made me smile because itā€™s always fun to see how much something so small can bother some people. I post a video with my thoughts on a fitness related topic and you get all up in arms without even knowing me. Iā€™m not sure what that says about you, but itā€™s just funny to me.

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:
i think your main argument in this video is flawed in 2 ways.

1. you cannot compare the ease of other people gaining weight when 99% of that weight is fat, and you want primarily muscle.

2. you cannot compare people gaining weight on extremely caloric dense foods like fast food, processed carbs and shitty processed trans fat laden meats to your meals of chicken breast and rice or tortillas or fruit or whatever youve been cooking up in your videos. [/quote]

1. I want weight, period. Iā€™d take 3lbs of fat for every 1lb of muscle.

2. I eat fast food 1-2 times per week, I eat loads of processed carbs, but do stay away from the transfats for the most part.[/quote]

If youā€™re really not worried about fat gain getting enough cals is easy. Peanut butter, olive oil, protein powders, full fat milk. Its so easy!

Doing it with minimal fat gain is the tricky part that requires effort.

[quote]Think tank fish wrote:

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:
i think your main argument in this video is flawed in 2 ways.

1. you cannot compare the ease of other people gaining weight when 99% of that weight is fat, and you want primarily muscle.

2. you cannot compare people gaining weight on extremely caloric dense foods like fast food, processed carbs and shitty processed trans fat laden meats to your meals of chicken breast and rice or tortillas or fruit or whatever youve been cooking up in your videos. [/quote]

1. I want weight, period. Iā€™d take 3lbs of fat for every 1lb of muscle.

2. I eat fast food 1-2 times per week, I eat loads of processed carbs, but do stay away from the transfats for the most part.[/quote]

If youā€™re really not worried about fat gain getting enough cals is easy. Peanut butter, olive oil, protein powders, full fat milk. Its so easy!

Doing it with minimal fat gain is the tricky part that requires effort.[/quote]

I already implement all of those foods, thanks for posting though. Much appreciated.

Posting a vid of yourself talking is awkward, that and the picture in the vid and your DP being the same pose gave me then lols.

[quote]polished1 wrote:
Posting a vid of yourself talking is awkward, that and the picture in the vid and your DP being the same pose gave me then lols.[/quote]

Awkward for who, you? It isnā€™t for me. Glad I could supply you with ā€œthen lolsā€

The first thing i thought of when you talked about getting in more calories to gain more weight, was, why is this guy cooking so much? It is soooo much easier to drink calories than to constantly be cooking all these meals. Most of my meals are out of a blender. I can drink 650 calories in 1 minute, while how long would it take to eat that amount.

You want more calories? just add some fish oil to your shake. When you have protein shakes, its extremely easy to add calories. I realize people love to make fun of me, but im 285-290lbs at 5ā€™8. I think that is a big reason why some here like to rag on me. Not sure if they think Iā€™m lying or that they are simply upset they canā€™t get that big. who knows.

Start drinking shakes. simple as that. forget about cooking all day long.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
The first thing i thought of when you talked about getting in more calories to gain more weight, was, why is this guy cooking so much? It is soooo much easier to drink calories than to constantly be cooking all these meals. Most of my meals are out of a blender. I can drink 650 calories in 1 minute, while how long would it take to eat that amount.

You want more calories? just add some fish oil to your shake. When you have protein shakes, its extremely easy to add calories. I realize people love to make fun of me, but im 285-290lbs at 5ā€™8. I think that is a big reason why some here like to rag on me. Not sure if they think Iā€™m lying or that they are simply upset they canā€™t get that big. who knows.

Start drinking shakes. simple as that. forget about cooking all day long. [/quote]

I cook typically twice per day, FYI :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not worried about how to get those calories in. Iā€™m amazed that I need them, and itā€™s a show of the flexibility one can have in their diet when they carry a large amount of lean mass. You can overeat by most peoplesā€™ standards and not worry about getting fat.

Start drinking shakes. simple as that. forget about cooking all day long. [/quote]

Iā€™m not worried about how to get those calories in. Iā€™m amazed that I need them, and itā€™s a show of the flexibility one can have in their diet when they carry a large amount of lean mass. You can overeat by most peoplesā€™ standards and not worry about getting fat.
[/quote]

Your video blows.

[/quote]

For whatever reason, you must have a very fast metabolism.

Itā€™s a hard life eh?