T Nation

Ups and Downs of Excessive Muscle Mass

A discussion starter on the advantages and disadvantages of carrying more muscle mass than the average person in terms of dieting flexibility and daily calorie needs.

.

Edit: deleted by the dumbass that posted it.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
I honestly can’t tell if you put these up to be helpful or if it’s for self promotion. If it’s the former, awesome. If it’s the latter…[/quote]

This video is a talk on some thoughts I had that undoubtedly can spark discussion.

The major topic of controversy would most likely be the fact that I feel that if those obese people would just start putting in some effort to gain some lean mass, they’d find their weight problem to be much more manageable.

Also, the ever troubling problem that the more muscle you get, the harder it is to get more is also a great topic too.

I’m not sure what would be promoted in this video…

i think your main argument in this video is flawed in 2 ways.

  1. you cannot compare the ease of other people gaining weight when 99% of that weight is fat, and you want primarily muscle.

  2. you cannot compare people gaining weight on extremely caloric dense foods like fast food, processed carbs and shitty processed trans fat laden meats to your meals of chicken breast and rice or tortillas or fruit or whatever youve been cooking up in your videos.

I’ve been wrong before. Awhile back I thought you were a trainer selling an e-book or something, but I may have you confused with someone else.

OK…I can’t justify spending over 11 minutes listening to you in a video when you could just write out your point.

To actually add something of value to the discussion, what do you estimate your maintenance calories are? Mine are pretty low, but I’m at the age that I know my metabolism has slowed down.

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:
i think your main argument in this video is flawed in 2 ways.

  1. you cannot compare the ease of other people gaining weight when 99% of that weight is fat, and you want primarily muscle.

  2. you cannot compare people gaining weight on extremely caloric dense foods like fast food, processed carbs and shitty processed trans fat laden meats to your meals of chicken breast and rice or tortillas or fruit or whatever youve been cooking up in your videos. [/quote]

  1. I want weight, period. I’d take 3lbs of fat for every 1lb of muscle.

  2. I eat fast food 1-2 times per week, I eat loads of processed carbs, but do stay away from the transfats for the most part.

I thought I was watching a prozac commercial.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
OK…I can’t justify spending over 11 minutes listening to you in a video when you could just write out your point.[/quote]

No worries. Skip the thread then :slight_smile:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
I thought I was watching a prozac commercial.[/quote]

You thought wrong.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
To actually add something of value to the discussion, what do you estimate your maintenance calories are? Mine are pretty low, but I’m at the age that I know my metabolism has slowed down.[/quote]

Well, I’m stalled at roughly 5000 per day, so that leads to the conclusion that I maintain at roughly 5000 per day.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
I’ve been wrong before. Awhile back I thought you were a trainer selling an e-book or something, but I may have you confused with someone else. [/quote]

I do have an eBook, and I am a career trainer, but I don’t see how that matters here.

So what does your daily activity look like and what is your weekly training load/split?

Deleted.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
So what does your daily activity look like and what is your weekly training load/split?[/quote]

I’m on my feet for about 5 hours per day average, but just standing next to my clients, no lifting or labor involved. When I’m not with clients, I’m at the computer working on the other side of business.

I train for a total of 4 hours per week. 4 sessions @ 60 minutes each based around Pressing, Pulling, Squatting, and Deadlifting. I perform no more than 6 exercises per training session and anywhere from 15-24 sets per training session depending on the phase I’m at in my program.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[/quote]

^I must have missed that thread. Damn I love Colucci, he just puts it all out there :slight_smile:

S

You by far create the most narcissistic unhelpful threads ever. “Listen to the video once or twice” do you think you’re some amazing fitness “guru” whose opinion is actually valued?

You’ve been training for 10 years? Holy shit. 5,000 calories!!! That must be grueling.

Do you honestly think “solving” obesity is merely about going to gym? I’m not an expert but I don’t think telling fat people to go to the gym will fix their weight issues.

[quote]2020Wellness wrote:

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
I honestly can’t tell if you put these up to be helpful or if it’s for self promotion. If it’s the former, awesome. If it’s the latter…[/quote]

The major topic of controversy would most likely be the fact that I feel that if those obese people would just start putting in some effort to gain some lean mass, they’d find their weight problem to be much more manageable.

[/quote]

Why are we even talking about obesity? channeling PX here, but this is a bodybuilding forum, not a health or general fitness forum. That is what flirty girl fitness is for.