Upping the Total

DE Lower yesterday.
low box squats 315x5x2 plus average bands
speed felt good
speed pulls at 60% 5x1
GM’s 135 3x8
Band Ab work

ME upper in about an hour or so. Planned on doing 2 board press but dont have a partner. might reverse band bench instead.

ME upper
used a light band for reverse band benching.
worked up to 305x2
close grip bench
185x3x8
BORs
Facebulls
tate press
abs
called it a day

This Week’s Work
ME Lower-Monday
Free squat
worked up to a double at 365
Speed pulls at 315 5x1
Abs

DE Upper-Tuesday
Bench Press against Mini’s
135x8x3
Bradford Press
Tate Press
BOR’s
Face Pulls
DB Flat Bench

DE Lower- Thursday
Finally got my Inzer Lever belt in yesterday and got to use it today.
Off a box 2 inches below parallel (10in or so)
225 plus lights and monster minis. 5x2
After that worked up to a double at 365
Wide stance Good Mornings 135x3x8
Front squats
225x3x8
Band Ab Work

I only bought the 10mm Inzer and the support was ridiculous. There was slight give when I inflated my belly to squat but the perfect amount. So far, I’m happy with this investment.

ME Upper
Floor Press
Worked up to a double at 275
BORs
DB Rows
Shrugs
Band Tricep work

Did not feel so hot today so wrapped it up early.

ME Lower
Low Box squat.
Worked up to a triple @ 385
Deadlift
Hit a single at 445
Went up to 455 and let my head travel down and i missed it.
Band ab work.
The brother came into the gym with me today. He’s gonna work on putting on some weight for his upcoming senior season of baseball. He’s got all the tools to pitch but his weight looks shitty on his scouting report. 20 pound goal for this summer.

DE Upper
Speed Bench Against tripled micros
135 10x3
Illegal Wide Bench press
Close grip bench
BORs
Face Pulls

Trying to focus on doing more of the main movements. I feel like spending more time replicating the main lifts will help me a lot. My arch and setup felt tight as hell and great last night.

a friend of mine who’s into the whole BB thing came with me today and did my dynamic lower workout. he struggled. it was fun to watch.
DE Lower
Below Parallel Box squat
225+purples 5x2
Worked up to a double at 365+purples
GM’s 185x3x5
Front Squat 225x3x8
Doubled Purple Band PullThroughsx3xwhatever
Band Ab Work

CRAPPY ME day.
Floor press only up to 235.
Dont understand this, normally this should be greater than your raw max and my lockout isnt the weak part of my bench. Or at least i thoguht it wasn’t. thinking about switching my floor presses out for board presses for the rest of this cycle.
BORs
Dumbbell rows
Bradford presses
Band Pulldowns and Facepulls with Purple band
Long weekend off and back at it with an ME lower on monday.

ME Lower
felt a little shitty during my workout
low box squats up to a single at 405
Speed Pulls up to 315 mixing conventional and sumo stance
Purple band pullthroughs
Ab work

DE Lower
135+tripled micros 10ishx3
BORs
DB Floor Press
Band FacePulls
Band Tricep extensions

Going out after the DE Lower session tonight so I’m posting the plan now.
More Low Box Squats. Fucking shit
5x2 @ 245+band tension
work up to a double
Wide Stance GMs
Front Squats
Pull-Throughs
Abs
and then GTFO

crappy crappy me upper
reverse band bench with purples a little higher than head height
285 for doubles
BORs
DB rolls
tricep pushowns
front raises
shrugs
facepulls

I have a deload coming up this week and im going to do 8 pulls at 60% on monday. RE upper movements on tuesday. RE lower movements on thursday. Reverse band bench @ 135 for maybe 50 total reps nice and controlled. and some more high rep DB work.

went in yesterday and i was supposed to deload but i felt great so i said fuck it.
free squatted and hit a pr
385x2 PR
405x1 Pr
Belt and knee wraps
Did some speed pulls, abs and got out of there.

DE lower
255 against light bands (last week of band tension) 5x2
worked up to 365x2

Good Mornings
135x2x10
185x2x5
205x2x3

Pullthroughs
Abs

ME Upper
Reverse Band Bench up to a single @ 335
Jm press
Close Grip Bench
BORs
Band Pull aparts

Me Lower
free squatted again
worked up to 405x2 rep PR
Deadlifts up to 425 but was feeling slow so stopped it there
abs
DONE

DE Lower
Fucking people were curling in one of the racks and someone took the flat bench to do dips so i said fuck the DE Upper day and did a DE lower yesterday. not the smartest, my hips and back were still fried from monday.
Worked up to a double @ 365+band tension after 5 speed sets…
Did heavy Gms and heavy front squats.
did abs and went home.
went to coach wrestling and i fucked up my wrist putting a newcomer inhis place and it is swollen as all hell today. will see how it goes with the benching.

last weeks ME upper
benched against tripled minis off a two boards
worked up to doubles at 205
Dont remember what i did for the accessories.

yesterday at the big commercial gym i actually ran into another PLer and we squatted together. that was fucking sick, for once.
worked up to 425 in belts and knee wraps. (20lb PR)
lately my squat has just exploded.
speedpulls from a deficit up to 365 (around70%)
Abs
the past couple weeks ive been free squatting on my ME days and using the box on my speed days and it feels great. my legs feel stronger, my hips are definitely stronger, and my squat has shot through the roof.

i deloaded the end of last week just because i was starting to feel really run down. another thing, with this latest training cycle ive reallybeen experimenting with my program construction and making personal modifications to the traditional westside method. the two main things i changed were instead of box squats on my ME Lower day im free squatting raw and heavy normally in the 90-97% range using only wraps and a belt.
the other change is on my de lower days instead of the original 8x2 im following the supertraining protocol and going 5x2 and then working up to a heavy double.
Todays Workout
Squats
bar x bajillion
135x10
225x10
315x5->added belt here
365x3
405x2x2->added loose wraps here
425x2x1->tighter wraps here

Deadlifts
135->sumo
365->conventional here on out
405x2x1

Abs
My deadlift feels weak so either ive been overtraining it or something is lagging. I used to pull twice a week and am considering bringing that back and learning how to deload it better. Maybe ill pull heavy on mondays and for speed on thursdays. i cant really decide. but the weights just felt heavy in my hands.
the progress this cycle with my squat has been ridiculous and i couldnt ask for more. after failing at 385 10 weeks ago i was frustrated but after hitting 425 deep for two consecutive weeks im figuring that ive done something right. free squatting is the way to go.

First day of smolov today.
Dynamic warmups
barxtons
135x10
225x10
275x3x8
295x5
315x2x2
340x1
This is where smolov ended for the day. While the 3x8’s are far more volume than I’m used to, it wasnt too bad. I know this is only the intro microcycle but whatever. I wore a belt and wraps for all my working sets mecause modi said to lol.
after smolov
365x5
405x2
425x1