Upping my Bada$$ery, One Day at a Time

Hello! Mostly writing this log to keep myself honest, but thanks for reading along. Writing intros stress me out, so here’s the short of it:

The basics:
Height: 5’3
Weight: 150

Max Lifts:
Deadlift: 210 lbs
Squat: 155 lbs
OH Squat: 70lbs x 5 (no clue what my one rep max is)
C&J: 105 lbs
Bench: I’d rather not talk about it…i haven’t tried to max out in aaages, and mostly just do pushups or DB incline benching to work my chest

My primary goal right now is to drop a few lbs and get myself back into fighting form. I’m working on the whole life/balance thing and my gym attendance has been poor with the exception of the past 6 weeks. Hoping to maintain my new good habits for the foreseeable future.

Today’s workout: Cardio with a cold. Blech.
OHS 3x9 @ 45 lbs, 1 x 5 @ 50 lbs, 1 x 5 @ 55 lbs, 1 x 5 @ 60 lbs, 1 x 5 @ 65 lbs
Thrusters superset with hang cleans 3 x 10, just the bar
40 minutes on some kinda cardio machine. I don’t know what it’s called…it feels a bit like cross country skiing.

Anyhoo, that’s me for now! Realize this is not the most exciting or revealing of posts, but look forward to being in the presence of such powerful women (har har), and getting to know y’all better.

Welcome! The workout sounds puketastic! and you’re pretty strong for your size :slight_smile:

Welcome! You have pretty much the same stats as me! Except I’m slowly building back my squat due to crappy knees. Nice C&J number :slight_smile:

Do you write out your workouts as ‘sets’x’reps’ @ ‘weight’? If so, damn strong work on the OHS :slight_smile: Do you compete in anything or is working out what you do to keep your sanity?

writing intros sucks, agreed.

The life/balance thing…if you figure that out, lemme know!

Welcome! Im in

[quote]Oleena wrote:
Welcome! The workout sounds puketastic! and you’re pretty strong for your size :)[/quote]

It was puketastic! Not helped by my cold at all. Being sick takes all the fun out of working out.

[quote]PixieThrower wrote:
Welcome! You have pretty much the same stats as me! Except I’m slowly building back my squat due to crappy knees. Nice C&J number :slight_smile:

Do you write out your workouts as ‘sets’x’reps’ @ ‘weight’? If so, damn strong work on the OHS :slight_smile: Do you compete in anything or is working out what you do to keep your sanity?[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome! Yep, that’s right - I do sets x reps @ weight.

At the moment, working out is purely a way to keep my sanity. After 2 years of being in the real world, I’ve finally figured out that if I’m not in the gym on a very regular basis, I will actually go crazy.

[quote]cholulalula wrote:
writing intros sucks, agreed.

The life/balance thing…if you figure that out, lemme know!

[/quote]

So far all I’ve figured out is that having a life is important. One of these days I’ll learn how to actually have one.

[quote]Dasher wrote:
Welcome! Im in[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome! Btw, I’ve lurked in your log and I have a total girl crush. Your CF/powerlifting/general awesomeness is inspiring.

I’m honored!! The women here are all pretty badass. Looks like you will fit right in :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Badass Den. I see you have badassery to contribute.

Welcome. And working out with a cold - I’ve been doing that a lot and it does suck indeed. Three colds since January. That’s what I get for working with kids.

[quote]cleanslater wrote:
After 2 years of being in the real world, I’ve finally figured out that if I’m not in the gym on a very regular basis, I will actually go crazy.[/quote]

Increased badassery is always a good thing!
Regular gym time certainly keeps me sane too.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Welcome to the Badass Den. I see you have badassery to contribute.[/quote]

Badass den, eh? I like it. Where’s that pic from? It looks vaguely familiar.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
Welcome. And working out with a cold - I’ve been doing that a lot and it does suck indeed. Three colds since January. That’s what I get for working with kids.[/quote]

Three colds since January??? Gah, I can’t even imagine. Kids are like little plaguebearers.

[quote]LastStand wrote:

[quote]cleanslater wrote:
After 2 years of being in the real world, I’ve finally figured out that if I’m not in the gym on a very regular basis, I will actually go crazy.[/quote]

Increased badassery is always a good thing!
Regular gym time certainly keeps me sane too.[/quote]

Hoping to absorb some of everyone else’s badassery too!

Today’s workout - sick as a dog and not motivated. Walked to Queens, froze a bit from the windchill on the bridge, and then walked back to Manhattan.

Tomorrow’s supposed to be a weights day, but we’ll see how I’m feeling. I even left work today before 8:30 gasp because I wasn’t feeling well.

nice lifts - that is a good walk over the 59 st bridge

nice to see more New yorkers
you will fit right in - all the ladies here are bad ass

I hope you feel better! Ugh to sick days.

Welcome,

I have done that 59th Street Bridge walk many a times…it aint no joke thats for sure.

Good Luck, Ill be following.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
nice lifts - that is a good walk over the 59 st bridge

nice to see more New yorkers
you will fit right in - all the ladies here are bad ass[/quote]

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Welcome,

I have done that 59th Street Bridge walk many a times…it aint no joke thats for sure.

Good Luck, Ill be following.[/quote]

Yay more New Yorkers!

No update other than I’m still sick. Day two of no gym. What poor timing to start a lifting log. Grrrr. Hope to be back at the gym tomorrow.

Awww. Don’t rush if you are sick. We will take any and all updates: gym updates, food updates, life in general updates…all belong